Audio-GD Master 9
May 27, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #1,037 of 2,626
May 27, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #1,039 of 2,626
  Are you keeping your Vega to compare?

I'll most likely keep both even after the comparison.

But regarding when I'll be getting the Yggdrasil, it will either be in the closest backorder time or just after that.

May 27, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #1,040 of 2,626
Anyone tried the master 9 with Yggdrasil dac?

That's exactly what I hope to do soon. My current setup includes the M9 with a PWD MKII. I auditioned my M9, Ragnarok and four flagship phones, and ended up preferring the setup I've already had. I ended up sending Ragnarok back, as both amps were great, but I slightly preferred my current setup with LCD-X.

When I get the chance, I'll audition my PWD against Yggy. But this time, if the results are close in performance as they were last time, I'll probably keep what I have, only because I got PWD for $1,500, and at an extra $800, the diminishing returns might not be worth the difference in price.

However, I've read great things about Yggdrasil, so, I guess I'll find out soon.

May 28, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #1,041 of 2,626
It will be interesting to know a very transparent sounding(wire with gain) Master 9 when paired to Yggdrasil will be like.

I am also in the back-order to get the Yggdrasil to pair up to my Master 9. 

Also to report 27hrsx7d running Master 7(NOS) > ACSS > Master 9 is already eargasmic level.

May 28, 2015 at 5:14 AM Post #1,042 of 2,626
  It will be interesting to know a very transparent sounding(wire with gain) Master 9 when paired to Yggdrasil will be like.

Also to report 27hrsx7d running Master 7(NOS) > ACSS > Master 9 is already eargasmic level.

Master 7 in NOS and with i2s and DHC ACSS cable is very nice.

May 28, 2015 at 5:55 AM Post #1,043 of 2,626

Where did you find the extra 3 hours every day? :p

May 28, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #1,044 of 2,626

Where did you find the extra 3 hours every day? :p

Oh that's simple, I live on an airship, I am able to fly back 3hours in timezone and there you have it. 27hours a day. (Actually it was a typo)

May 30, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #1,047 of 2,626
  Has anyone tried the preamp output of Master 9? I was thinking of buying a pair of active speakers. I was wondering how good the preamp out can be.

Master 9 is an excellent preamp, I haven't heard a better preamp yet.

It makes my AudioEngine 5+ sound like they're truly high-end speakers :D

May 31, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #1,049 of 2,626

Thank you! Actually, I am a little bit struggling between a pair of near field speakers and HD800s. The budget is roughly $1200. Any suggestions? 

Regarding if you should get Near Field Speakers or an HD800 really depends on your needs, I've looked into the gear that you supposedly have in your profile and these are some excellent headphones and dac/amps !

I'm a headphone person (listen to in headphones most of the time) but sometimes you just want to listen in speakers anyway, like if you're watching movies or just want to hear that nice soundstage that's not the same as headphones.

I would actually recommend getting a pair of speakers as you already have some great gear.

May 31, 2015 at 7:35 AM Post #1,050 of 2,626

Has anyone tried the preamp output of Master 9? I was thinking of buying a pair of active speakers. I was wondering how good the preamp out can be.

Master 9 is an excellent preamp, I haven't heard a better preamp yet.

It makes my AudioEngine 5+ sound like they're truly high-end speakers :D

M9 takes about 3hours to warm up but once it's warmed up, woah... the amount of bass, the amount of mid clarity, the amount of treble details is amazing. I really cannot find any faults in the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back