Audio-GD Master 9
Jun 26, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #1,261 of 2,563
http://www.head-fi.org/u/276904/mowglycdb

Thx bro..
I have not checked on that..hmmm..mdac7 is a bit pricey..hmmm..wanna buy it but out of budget for now..

Means that the volt difference will cause bottleneck is it bro..??

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #1,262 of 2,563
Jun 27, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #1,265 of 2,563
Hi guys, jonathan here..

Am new to the headfi also..
Have the M9 for 1 months

Anyone have experienced the M9 connected balanced to the arce mdac3..???

Is it causing a bottleneck for the class A Amp to the Dac..??? Cause seems all frequencies bleed to each other..

Using a he500 and T1 as well the LCD x..

Anyone can help enlightend me guys..??

Thanks
Jonathan

Jonathan can you explain more in detail what you mean by “Cause seems all frequencies bleed to each other.” 

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #1,266 of 2,563
Jonathan can you explain more in detail what you mean by “Cause seems all frequencies bleed to each other.” 

Thx bro..
I have noticed that using the M9 with the arce mdac3 causing some of the frequencies bleed..
For example the songs pretty reckless " make me wanna die"..

The midrange bleed into the bass on and off..

But if i am using the musical paradise mp301 with the mdac3..there is no bleed and no high frequencies spikes..

Sorry..i am still new to the headfi..can anyone enlighten me..thx a lot

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jun 28, 2016 at 4:58 AM Post #1,267 of 2,563
Thx bro..
I have noticed that using the M9 with the arce mdac3 causing some of the frequencies bleed..

But if i am using the musical paradise mp301 with the mdac3..there is no bleed and no high frequencies spikes..

Thanks,
Jonathan

Your description, that the midrange bleed into the bass on and off and the high frequencies spikes, sound like abnormal problems for a amp. If the problem only occurs while using the M9, I guess it’s not functioning as it should. I don’t really know what’s wrong and you better contact Audio GD and see if they can help you.

Good luck anyway!

Jun 28, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #1,268 of 2,563
Thx bro..

Thanks,
Jonathan

Is there any other amp that is connected to your DAC that is switched off when you heard the 'bleeding' off of some frequencies on the M9?

Jun 28, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #1,269 of 2,563
Is there any other amp that is connected to your DAC that is switched off when you heard the 'bleeding' off of some frequencies on the M9?

Thanks a lot bro for the help.

There is no other amp that i used upon using the m9

But i have forgotten to mention that using the m9 with chord mojo seems stabilized the " bleeding"..but dynamic is lesser compared to mdac3.?

Could it be that my mdac3 is at fault.?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #1,270 of 2,563
Any opinions on the Master 9 vs the Ragnarok or GSX-Mk2 ?

Thanks

I compared the Master 9 to the new Burson CV2 8.2w amp. Using the excellent dac built into my Sony ZX2 Dap, I listen to both amps for about 1 hour. Streaming Tidal Hifi. I had a very hard time telling them apart with several genres of music thrown at them. They both had great bass authority but I might say that the 9 has a wee bit more bass output and the Burson a touch more air on top. They both sounded grain free, dynamic and yet refined. They both powered my headphones easily. (Hifiman HE-1K, Audeze Hifiman 3f and LCD 4) .

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #1,272 of 2,563
Hi guys,

Hoping to test the master 9 with yggy connecting to He1000..

Hoping all these will final end game for me.

Hoping their synergy and compatibility matched like heaven.

Getting the yggy in next few days and cant wait to test it.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #1,273 of 2,563
That is my endgame as well. Just missing the Yggdrasil...

Jul 21, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #1,274 of 2,563
I've recently moved to a new apartment and since I've moved, I had some problems enjoying LCD-4 with M9 and my speakers with master 10 to the same level as in my old apartment. After a few months, I realised it was a problem of power distribution in the audio system.

Master 9 is an incredibly clean sounding amplifier, but only if you give it good power. It seems it is quite dependent on this. This also applies with Master 10. 

After fixing the problem, the sound became again spotless clean on both speakers and heapdhones. 

Be careful with the power distribution and power cables. Both m9 and m10 are very sensitive in this regard. I also check the polarity when inserting the power cable. Avoid any power distribution / extension chords with heavy protections on them. They ruin the sound badly.

If you have a good DAC and a good headphone/speakers paired with these amplifiers, the sound should be incredibly clean, cursive and detailed. It should floor you.

If not, there is a problem you have to fix in the system.

Jul 22, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #1,275 of 2,563
  I've recently moved to a new apartment and since I've moved, I had some problems enjoying LCD-4 with M9 and my speakers with master 10 to the same level as in my old apartment. After a few months, I realised it was a problem of power distribution in the audio system.

Master 9 is an incredibly clean sounding amplifier, but only if you give it good power. It seems it is quite dependent on this. This also applies with Master 10. 

After fixing the problem, the sound became again spotless clean on both speakers and heapdhones. 

Be careful with the power distribution and power cables. Both m9 and m10 are very sensitive in this regard. I also check the polarity when inserting the power cable. Avoid any power distribution / extension chords with heavy protections on them. They ruin the sound badly.

If you have a good DAC and a good headphone/speakers paired with these amplifiers, the sound should be incredibly clean, cursive and detailed. It should floor you.

If not, there is a problem you have to fix in the system.

What caused the power distribution problem and what did you do to fix it? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back