Audio-GD Master 9
May 9, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #333 of 2,635
Hmm.. The HE6 sounds very promising indeed. I really should give it a listen.

Agreed that the Abyss is overpriced.. both the headphone and the cardas cables they come with.. but boy! do they sound good!

Jude seems to hold the Abyss quite high on certain parameters.

Might interest you reading him testing the Ragnarok with HE6 and Abyss

New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 113 http://www.head-fi.org/t/667711/new-schiit-ragnarok-and-yggdrasil/1680#post_10525684

May 9, 2014 at 12:28 PM Post #334 of 2,635
You mean the JPS Labs cables they come with...

My bad, have edited my post.

Jude seems to hold the Abyss quite high on certain parameters.

Might interest you reading him testing the Ragnarok with HE6 and Abyss

New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil - Page 113 http://www.head-fi.org/t/667711/new-schiit-ragnarok-and-yggdrasil/1680#post_10525684

Thanks. I've read Jude's first impressions of the Ragnarok and it does sound promising. Still waiting for a M9 vs Ragnarok comparison. Both amps have great price vs value proposition with end game solid state performance. Very very tempting.

Wonder if we'll see a M10 by the end of this year. 
rolleyes.gif

May 15, 2014 at 5:18 PM Post #336 of 2,635
Using a CIEM with XLR cable, Silver Widow from Toxic cable , and the DAC is X-Sabre, the Master 9 is now fully balanced

man so clean!! and the sound stage is epic!! i feel like i got more than HD650!!! 

my CIEM is a special one, the Treble extension is the same as 1Plus2 and the Mids as warm as UM Mentor

man , just super epic with this amp, specially after going fully balanced, man what a sound stage , high volume and still clean <3 

and my CIEM isn't the mellow warm type, its the opposite!! <3 

May 22, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #337 of 2,635
Just got the Master 9 a few days ago. Man the thing is huge but the aluminium does look and feels good. Currently pairing it with a DA8 and HE-500. So far so good, coming from a SA-31.

May 22, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #338 of 2,635
as i recall Greed said in the Review of this amp that some of the DACs will make it soft on the bass, allow me to add the X-Sabre to this list of some DACs lol, i though my CIEM had flat bass but after trying the TH600 i was like yup its what Greed said exactly. 

May 22, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #339 of 2,635
I have a DA-8 running thru the Master-9 and the interconnect cables seemed to make a noticeable difference on the bass tightness. YMMV dependent on HP selection.

May 23, 2014 at 6:55 AM Post #341 of 2,635
  I have a DA-8 running thru the Master-9 and the interconnect cables seemed to make a noticeable difference on the bass tightness. YMMV dependent on HP selection.

you mean if i changed the XLR cable to higher quality one then the bass will became better? cause right now i hate how soft and boring the bass is , not to mention that i got TH600 hocked to it 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013HT6JU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1ED8WLW4CR1G3&coliid=I1YD6LKFNSJS1P

this one is good?  i got X-Sabre as a DAC, the bass was fine when it was hooked to Pico Power..

May 23, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #342 of 2,635
  you mean if i changed the XLR cable to higher quality one then the bass will became better? cause right now i hate how soft and boring the bass is , not to mention that i got TH600 hocked to it 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013HT6JU/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1ED8WLW4CR1G3&coliid=I1YD6LKFNSJS1P

this one is good?  i got X-Sabre as a DAC, the bass was fine when it was hooked to Pico Power..

Those were the exact same cables I bought actually as an "ugrade" to my monoprices.  It depends what sort of bass you want.  Compared to the monos, the reference cable had some bass impact and body shaved off but it extended noticeably deeper with less bloom.  It was a lot a tighter more neutral sounding bass to my ears.  I personally prefer this sort of presentation but I can see how others wouldn't like it.  Are you running the amp in high gain or low gain?

May 23, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #343 of 2,635
Yes the difference between my single ended copper and the balanced copper XLR was very little. I really could not describe it but the difference is there.   I left the balanced on just because of the purists perception that they are generally better. More headroom if you need it.
The silver is a lot brighter but I'm not a treble head. if i want to hear brighter I use my XC instead of the TH-900.
I believe just upgrading to good cable will improve your overall sound in all aspects and if you are lucky in the direction you want.

May 23, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #344 of 2,635
i will get Toxic Cable Silver Widow XLR .5m later, its the best cable that give you what silver give with even higher quality and also maintain the bass in the same time, i got it on my CIEM and can't use any CIEM without it , would be the perfect XLR to connect my DAC and Amp. 

May 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #345 of 2,635
  i will get Toxic Cable Silver Widow XLR .5m later, its the best cable that give you what silver give with even higher quality and also maintain the bass in the same time, i got it on my CIEM and can't use any CIEM without it , would be the perfect XLR to connect my DAC and Amp. 

I think that would be a very good choice taking in account that you have one for your CIEM and love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back