Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
Nov 24, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #3,077 of 4,451
PHOTO:

AUDIO-GD MASTER 7 (USB SUPRA)
AUDIO-GD PRECISION 1 (ACSS 1M)
YAQIN MS-2A3 Upgraded Pier Audio (RCA ATOHM ZEF 1M)
HIFIMAN HE-6 MOD XRL (SYBIOSE OCC CRYO)

wink_face.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #3,079 of 4,451
Yes my friend has the 19 and I have the Master 7. I bought my Master 7 after I heard the 19. It is abeautiful sounding dac. The 7 just
has more of everything. More resolution and greater dynamics.  For the money the 19 (10th anniversary edition) is a great dac and the Master 7 is simply the best dac I have ever heard.
Alan

Dec 5, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #3,080 of 4,451
What is (or are) the best jumpers position for you guys ?

Dec 5, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #3,081 of 4,451
  Yes my friend has the 19 and I have the Master 7. I bought my Master 7 after I heard the 19. It is abeautiful sounding dac. The 7 just
has more of everything. More resolution and greater dynamics.  For the money the 19 (10th anniversary edition) is a great dac and the Master 7 is simply the best dac I have ever heard.
Alan

Did both of them have Amanero combo384 USB module? And did you compare them on the same setup? Thanks.

Dec 5, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #3,082 of 4,451
  What is (or are) the best jumpers position for you guys ?

I experimented with jumpers for months and finally went back to factory default.  Changing the jumpers warmed up the M7 sound at the expense of narrowing the soundstage and fuzzier imaging for the most part (recollections from memory). 

But you should give the jumpers a go as you never know what you will discover.  It was a lot of fun!   

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #3,083 of 4,451
i should give it a try, i haven't tried any combination yet.
wink_face.gif

Dec 11, 2015 at 5:49 AM Post #3,084 of 4,451
Hi,
I have bought a Master 7 two months ago. I found the USB input very good so reading about Amanero I wished to upgrade the USB32 module with an Amanero but there was a problem listening with my Mac: left and right channels were swapped in a random way! Magna Hifi who made the upgrade could not understand the problem for long time and then arrived to this conclusion after several tests:

the problem is only on Master 7 DAC before 2015. And only through Mac computers. It's fine with Windows and Linux.
For Magna Hifi it would be necessary to change the DSP. 
Audio GD did not help.

Then I purchased a Linux based streamer and now I have some problems of connections with my USB32 card. It is maybe a firmware problem but I find the installing guide for the new firmware not very clear. (if someone could help me!)

Now Kingwa talk about the Xmos usb module as alternative choice to USB32 and working better with Linux:

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/Xmos/XmosEN.htm

Someone knows about it?

Dec 14, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #3,085 of 4,451
Maybe the easiest solution will be for you to buy an external usb module (digitale interface)
That's what i did some months ago , ok it's an another box but it's asily to instal ..and remove !!
I've bought the Melodious Mx-U8 it's Xmos

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #3,086 of 4,451

I experimented with jumpers for months and finally went back to factory default.  Changing the jumpers warmed up the M7 sound at the expense of narrowing the soundstage and fuzzier imaging for the most part (recollections from memory). 

But you should give the jumpers a go as you never know what you will discover.  It was a lot of fun!   

had some tries today with different settings. I'm agree with you, default settings seems to be the most coherent, or i prefer them. In nos mode, i've a little channel imbalance to the left that i haven't in default for example.
 I leave the default settings and prefer playing with tubes
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #3,087 of 4,451

had some tries today with different settings. I'm agree with you, default settings seems to be the most coherent, or i prefer them. In nos mode, i've a little channel imbalance to the left that i haven't in default for example.
 I leave the default settings and prefer playing with tubes
biggrin.gif

Make sure your NOS settings are correct. There are settings on the Audio-GD website now that disagree with earlier settings. Specifically, try with and without the IPS1 jumper for NOS mode.

Dec 15, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #3,088 of 4,451
I also prefer to the original settings.

Dec 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #3,089 of 4,451

Make sure your NOS settings are correct. There are settings on the Audio-GD website now that disagree with earlier settings. Specifically, try with and without the IPS1 jumper for NOS mode.

Yes i knew that. I've tried IPS1+IPS0. Only IPS1 or Only IPS0 and others combination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back