Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
May 29, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #1,786 of 4,451
Thanks. There us a link I posted from computoeraudiophile
With 15 USB converters reviewers
Al

May 29, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,787 of 4,451
Thanks. There us a link I posted from computoeraudiophile
With 15 USB converters reviewers
Al

Hi Al,

Where is the link? $1000 for a usb interface.... that's quite expensive.  Is there really a big audible difference between this/off ramp and the built in USB 32?

May 29, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #1,791 of 4,451
T
The Audiophileo 2 has the same perfs for half the price. You lose some unnecessary features in the process.

Still 1k though right?

May 29, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #1,792 of 4,451
  Hi Al,

Where is the link? $1000 for a usb interface.... that's quite expensive.  Is there really a big audible difference between this/off ramp and the built in USB 32?

I've been told the the AP1 and USB32 are on par, but I've personally heard the OR5 with an M7 and the OR5 takes the M7 to another level. There's more definition, less fuzziness.

May 29, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1,793 of 4,451
The ap1/pp is better than the USB 32 for sure. The offramp is very close to the ap1/pp. Only with the HDMI and offramp does it egg out the the ap1/pp. Given this is a lot more money not sure to go this route. But the new USB 32 is a improvement over the old one though . For me the ap1/pp is the way to get the last of this dac it comes with spidif adaptors .
Al

May 30, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,795 of 4,451
Well, the OR5 via I2S is bypassing a bunch of electronics compared to an AP1 going through S/PDIF.

May 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #1,796 of 4,451
We all,hear a little diffent and how much something does is always an opinion. So I do not take any offense . I did the test with a hdvd800 as amp only and the hd800 with. Balanced cables troughtout . There was a notible difference but not as much as before. So I can say kingwa. Did make a noticible improvment. Now the the offramp all options including the new PSU. The improvement was still better over HDMI. Now with spidif close to HDMI. This difrence was not enough for me to say it's worth it over the ap1/pp. Files used were ref PCM hidef 24/192 and dsd down sampled to PCM with j river.
The improvment wa there . Now I also own the new direct stream. A big improvement over the Pwd mkii that I did not like with the same setup. I think you need high def files to notice the improvment as with red book it may not be that important. Over all I think the M7 is a good dac and great with hesdphones like the hd800.
Al

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #1,797 of 4,451
Hi all,

So I just had an email from Kingwa who confirmed that the DECK has now been removed from the new drivers and ASIO would offer the best solution for output. KS would be the low CPU alternative.

I'll check when i get home whether ASIO is set up with Foobar correctly.

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #1,798 of 4,451
It works fine for me. I uninstalled everything
Update the firmware fine. And then the new drivers.
I even use a register cleaner to confirm removal

The new USB driver in win7 and jriver work great
The asio is what I pick in jriver
Al

Jun 2, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #1,799 of 4,451
It works fine for me. I uninstalled everything
Update the firmware fine. And then the new drivers.
I even use a register cleaner to confirm removal

The new USB driver in win7 and jriver work great
The asio is what I pick in jriver
Al

Am I right in assuming if I choose ASIO within Foobar (instead of DS) I can't have windows sounds playing at the same time?

For example if I have Foobar open with a track paused then I can't hear any audio from a browser or other software?

Also does anyone know how to get ASIO working for windows sounds - or is this not possible?

Jun 2, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #1,800 of 4,451
For me as long as there is no jriver open it plays window sounds. But the Monet I have jriver open and setup,to play it stops. Jriver must tKe control of sounds. .
However if you want to play a movie with it , it should play fine as long as it is the player. Also if no jriver is used win media of others will work fine as well.
Asia is just the USB driver software used to interface with the dac it's not a controlling software to my knowledge .
Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back