Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704)
May 27, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,771 of 4,451
No.

DAC firmware 2014v9 works exclusively (if I interpreted correctly A-GD instructions) with driver v3. So - you are OK.

As per A-GD deck - there is no more A-GD deck with newer firmware/driver combinations. So - this is also OK.

Oh right - so i'm on the right firmware and driver - great. thanks

May 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #1,773 of 4,451
I just did the update both firmware and the driver so far very good. I hVe it warming up a bit for thirty mins before I commit to comments. Also have the offramp cooking too. Let's see.
Some here are claiming a big improvement I am hoping. There is something pleasant about the sound of this dac.
It's nice as long as you do not start listing to better dacs then you hear what's missing. Ingnorence is bliss for sure. .
Al

May 27, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #1,774 of 4,451
I found that I still had a working BSdeck as well, so I checked in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Via folder and found the BSdeck files were still left in a sub-directory from a previous install, dated 11/13/2013 or such.  I think because of the date of the files it might have been a remnant of one of the previous drivers I had installed on my system, so I went ahead and removed the folder and restarted. 

It seems that while the BSdeck will still work if its already installed, it can (and probably should) be removed.  My system seems to be running smoother as well with the deck gone, but its too early to tell. 

May 27, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #1,775 of 4,451
Ok inhave some info for anyone who wants a comparison .
First off the CPU is intel I7 with SS hardrive. PPA USB card and linear PSU with his PPA red USB cable.
Using the mother USB compared to this makes a difference but only with the offramp or AP1/PP.
NO DECERNING DIFFRENCE I can hear with the card or not with the offramp or Ap1/PP.
Now new USB driver and for firmware does improve things over the old one , but improvements are made with offramp and AP1/pp.
The offramp is clean and very detailed over the HDMI and gives very good details and seperation. The AP1/PP The same but adds a little more clarity due to it's brighter presentation.
The bass is more controlled with the new USB over the old one but both the offramp and ap 1/pp best it out.
It is my beleaf as much as I like the offramp it's a long way to go to get about 95 of the offramp and on some recordings the added brightness is welcome. But between the two it's really spiriting hairs. Now adding the PCI express card alone with out the ap 1/pp or offramp,is worthwhile but not in comparison to the other USB converters .
Using any of these two devices with the M 7 really is a special setup. Now this is with a hd800 and the hdvd 800 as amp alone. No speakers wre used in this evaluation . As speakers can show other virtues or annoying things as well .
Player was j river 19 both flac 24/96 and 24/192. Also some dsd 64 down sampled to 24/192. For the money it's pretty cool dac .
Hope this helps someone ask me questions and bashing is always welcome and appreciated hahahah aha
Please excuse my spelling I know I stink but I did take the time to post tonight's playing around
Al

May 27, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #1,776 of 4,451
I just did the update both firmware and the driver so far very good. I hVe it warming up a bit for thirty mins before I commit to comments. Also have the offramp cooking too. Let's see.
Some here are claiming a big improvement I am hoping. There is something pleasant about the sound of this dac.
It's nice as long as you do not start listing to better dacs then you hear what's missing. Ingnorence is bliss for sure. .
Al

How's the lampizator level 7 Al? 

May 27, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #1,777 of 4,451
Ask rob and Fred instill do not have. When I do get it I will post here . Supposedly rob is with frikas tonight . It's a long wait but from the ones I heard it should be worth the wait .
Al

May 28, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #1,780 of 4,451
I'm having troubles with driver on windows 8.1 which on the device management tells me that the driver has problems. No problem so far with windows 7. Any of you is using win 8.1 x64 and tried this driver? (Of course I flashed the fw with win 7)

May 28, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #1,781 of 4,451
I have 8.1 at home on a surface pro.
But I would run the program in win7 mode on won 8.1
Drop down menu run as
Al

May 29, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #1,782 of 4,451
Ok inhave some info for anyone who wants a comparison .
First off the CPU is intel I7 with SS hardrive. PPA USB card and linear PSU with his PPA red USB cable.
Using the mother USB compared to this makes a difference but only with the offramp or AP1/PP.
NO DECERNING DIFFRENCE I can hear with the card or not with the offramp or Ap1/PP.
Al

Hi Al,

so there is no sense in buying the PPA USB card for the Offramp>M7 config?

thanks!

May 29, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #1,783 of 4,451
Yes correct if you have an offramp or ap1/pp there is no
Point in buying it.
Al

May 29, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #1,784 of 4,451
Yes correct if you have an offramp or ap1/pp there is no
Point in buying it.
Al

Hi Al,

What is the ap1/pp?

Regards