Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Nov 14, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #1,006 of 2,556

I used to own the Master-7 back when I had the Hugo. There's no real competition, unless I was using the Master-7 USB-32 input. The Amanero USB input of the M11 (or updated M7) should be much better now.

I have the  Reference 10.32 with USB32 board. I have asked Mr. Kingwa about possible upgrade to Anamero board and he said that the difference is not that big to be worth possible problems during upgrade.
So I am kinda confused now
wink_face.gif
. Can you compare these two please?

Nov 14, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #1,007 of 2,556
Hi,

I've got the 10.32 too but upgraded I2S (with DI-2014).
This upgrade is wonderfull. I don't know about Amanero usb.
One of my friends has upgraded his NFB28 with Amanero and he's very happy with this.

I would like to buy the Master 11 but Kingwa said me :
"The Master 11 not much better than the RE10.32 on sound quality. If the RE10 only can sale a low price in used market, the improve of the Master 11 may not worth the different money"

Anyone could confirm please ?

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #1,009 of 2,556
Hi,

One of my friends has upgraded his NFB28 with Amanero and he's very happy with this.

"The Master 11 not much better than the RE10.32 on sound quality. If the RE10 only can sale a low price in used market, the improve of the Master 11 may not worth the different money"

I've never heard the 10.32, but I previously had the Ref 5 + Roc, which is the older stack version of the same.

The Master-11 is slightly better than that stack but nice because it's one unit and does NOS well. The 10.32 is likely between the two in sound quality.

We're talking maybe 5% improvement from Ref 5 + Roc in Neutral mode to Master-11 in 8x, so you'd probably not even notice an improvement going from the 10.32.

Nov 14, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #1,010 of 2,556
Hi,

It sounds as if Kingwa interprets sound quality on a more Normal basis vs the hyper - acuity we all seem to go for. He also sounds honest in not having you send him thousands of dollars for just a minor upgrade in sq. The more I deal with and read about audio-gd the more I l Ike.

Nov 14, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #1,011 of 2,556
It sounds as if Kingwa interprets sound quality on a more Normal basis vs the hyper - acuity we all seem to go for. He also sounds honest in not having you send him thousands of dollars for just a minor upgrade in sq. The more I deal with and read about audio-gd the more I l Ike.

+1 on that, big respect to Mr. Kingwa for his overall work and such genuine attitude  !

Nov 14, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #1,012 of 2,556
I've been really enjoying my Master 11. Been listening to Cat Stevens recently. 

What have you guys been listening to on your Master 11?

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #1,013 of 2,556
I could never listen to Yusuf Islam on any of my music gears.

Light me up

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #1,014 of 2,556
  I've been really enjoying my Master 11. Been listening to Cat Stevens recently. 

What have you guys been listening to on your Master 11?

I've been mostly listening to really well-recorded and well-mastered music in FLAC format, plus some stuff I can't resist listening to no matter what...

Hoff Ensemble's Quiet Winter Night, all of the 2L Hires sample recordings, Audiogon sampler, Chesky recordings, various Classical collections, SATRI reference recordings, FIM audiophile recordings, McIntosh recordings, LINN audio collection, Groove Note, ZES, Daft Punk, Nero, Robert Miles, Yoshida Brothers, Half Dub Theory, Stevie Ray Vaughan, B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Queen, U2, AC/DC, Metallica, The Killers, Radiohead...

EVERYTHING sounds good with the Master-11. It is so revealing that bad recordings really stand out, and great recordings really shine. 

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #1,015 of 2,556

I've been mostly listening to really well-recorded and well-mastered music in FLAC format, plus some stuff I can't resist listening to no matter what...

Hoff Ensemble's Quiet Winter Night, all of the 2L Hires sample recordings, Audiogon sampler, Chesky recordings, various Classical collections, SATRI reference recordings, FIM audiophile recordings, McIntosh recordings, LINN audio collection, Groove Note, ZES, Daft Punk, Nero, Robert Miles, Yoshida Brothers, Half Dub Theory, Stevie Ray Vaughan, B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Queen, U2, AC/DC, Metallica, The Killers, Radiohead...

EVERYTHING sounds good with the Master-11. It is so revealing that bad recordings really stand out, and great recordings really shine. 

Yep, everything does sound good (when mastered right) on the Master 11. I'd say it is like this because of the amp's neutrality, which lends itself to how exactly the studio engineer intends the listener to hear the music. 

Nov 15, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #1,017 of 2,556
It's just music to me. I don't look into the musician's personal choices. 
I just remember seeing him on TV calling for the murder of Salman Rushdie, violence against the West. Donating to Hamas. Supporting the hostage taking of Americans in Iran. As far as I am concerned he is an accomplice to last nights murders in Paris. Music should be a peaceful activity. Yusuf Islam / Cat A**hole is one of the new sirens of ISIS. Peace train my ass. But nothing personal. I just hate murder and those who advocate for it.

Nov 15, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #1,019 of 2,556
Happy happy happy talk. That is what I like to do! From Flower Drum Song. A favorite piece of music.

So if still interested I am having a blast listening to all sorts of stuff. Lots of Blues Rock. Robbin Ford, Cream, Zep, John Mayall, Gary Moore. And Chicago Blues. The three Kings, Wolf, the usual and British Invasion. Biggest Who fan ever. I listen to a lot of fingerstyle guitar. John Fahey, Leo Kottke, Michael Hedges. I'm a Hawaiian music nut. Don't get me started about Lady Gaga. Gaga, Robyn, yes Kesha. Holy cow, Lady Gaga through a warmed up Master 11 and a set of HD800's is amazing. Say, listening to 'My Generation' it's the first time I have heard the humm coming off Townshend's amp when he's not playing. I think m11 sounds great after warming up for 15 minutes as Kingwa has said. Yet I have found after six hours the sound really does get holographic and euphonic and buzzwordy in a most positive way. And then there's my Fusion Jazz and Beefheart and just not Orchestral Classical.

Nov 15, 2015 at 4:50 AM Post #1,020 of 2,556
I'm really hanging out for the HD800S now. 

How are your HD800's; are you getting the high-frequency energies that people are reporting? Or is it that the Master 11 pairs really well with the HD800's that the high frequencies are tamed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back