Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9)
Feb 25, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #1,623 of 2,556
Good luck. Hope you stay with Audio-gd gear
smily_headphones1.gif

I won't be. I'm jumping ship to Schiit as far as DACs go and Eddie Current for the amp end of things

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #1,625 of 2,556
I bet there will be soon 2016 versions of the M11, NFB-1AMP and C-2 for sale.

Wonder how much of resale value there will be left on M11 that's known to had problems in the past...

Feb 26, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #1,626 of 2,556
  I bet there will be soon 2016 versions of the M11, NFB-1AMP and C-2 for sale.

Wonder how much of resale value there will be left on M11 that's known to had problems in the past...

I'm not so sure actually. Kingwa sent me this

"
We will follow the standard test to see if had the issue.
In our factory , we had the good earth connect, if without issue, I am consider it is effect by the static electric.

If it is static electric, we can send a MCU to you change the control mode to avoid the static electric effect, them you don't want shipping back, just want to replace the MCU."

So he legitimately doesn't see static as an issue that he should build a design around.

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #1,627 of 2,556
I just learned about the new active MCU unit from Kingwa from recent discussion with him. Going to request one from him, I'm not comfortable with static because I do often use my headphones laying down.

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:13 PM Post #1,629 of 2,556
Is the mcu new? Im wondering why this wasnt factory installed

I don't know what an MCU is, but I am going to request one as well. Although I'm enjoying the Master 11 with headphones and as a preamp with my speakers, I would feel a lot better knowing there so something that may prevent the spike in the future.

Feb 26, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #1,630 of 2,556
I don't know what an MCU is, but I am going to request one as well. Although I'm enjoying the Master 11 with headphones and as a preamp with my speakers, I would feel a lot better knowing there so something that may prevent the spike in the future.

microcontroller unit(MCU) is the brains of the unit.

"Master 11 applies optical couple isolation for the MCU and the control implementations to prevent the MCU affecting the audio parts.

Static storage mode control software:
           In most control softwares design, the MCU will continuously output data to the perform parts , the MCU had the very high speed, so the output data become high frequency impulses disturb the audio signal circuits make the sound worst . This product had applied static storage mode control software , the MCU output once control data and save in the perform parts while just power on and users operate ,then stop output data until users next operation. This design make the sound quality improve on the clear and transparency ."

On my previous OPPO HA-1 the controller board is quite large and operates in active mode since it has to update the display continuously. The controller board On the OPPO HA-1 sits right top of the DAC board.
I think that Kingwa mention that there is a reprogramming unit available in some cases and having a good earth ground from the outlet is key for good operation from what I can interpret from Kingwa. 

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #1,631 of 2,556
I asked Kingwa in if there are any negative impact to sound quality and he said no. The active MCU he said will react slower than the static one.

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #1,633 of 2,556
What will it react slower to? Volume change? Input change?

Quote from Kingwa:
The active mode is the MCU always control the all unit, so its speed is lower .
The passive mode is whille the user had operate then the MCU control the unit, so it is faster.
In sound they had not the audio different.

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #1,634 of 2,556
I don't have earthed sockets. Those came the standard in late 90s I think. This building was built in 1990 and the only socket with safety earth is in the kitchen.

Whatever its called in english. You know the third yellow Green wire.

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #1,635 of 2,556
I don't have earthed sockets. Those came the standard in late 90s I think. This building was built in 1990 and the only socket with safety earth is in the kitchen.

Whatever its called in english. You know the third yellow Green wire.

You can do that yourself fairly easy, just get a copper rod and planted as close to your "audio" outlet as possible, then run a wire in from the copper rod and hook it to your ground pin.  Make sure you power off the appropriate breaker!  I didn't have ground either and I am not such a handy man so I called an electrician to do it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back