Audio-GD HE Series: HE-9, HE-7, HE-1, HE-350
Apr 18, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #47 of 179
  Hi , any impression on  the HE-9 sound plz ...

From what I've seen negura commenting on the HE-9, it would be the best thing since sliced bread, but at a cost, he had some problems with it so he sent it back for now, don't know if he got it back yet since it was a while ago.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/529873/amps-that-can-drive-the-hifiman-he-6-planar-headphones/3990#post_11475414

Feb 4, 2016 at 5:09 PM Post #50 of 179
Still no one has heard the HE7 except von Fujak?

I have listened to HE-7 on a Master 10 and compared it to a Master 7. I own last 2 and wanted to know the difference between M7 and HE7. Not I am not satisfied with current setup but was more interested in and if it could make a difference. 
Before I listened: Kingwa advised Master 10 might not able to show the real capabilities of the HE-7.

Keeping this in mind I did not have high expectations of the HE-7 until I turned it on. I was shocked - what a difference!
Now you want to know what the difference is of course :) The difference is much more resolution and music in your room rather than listening to your speakers.

Again I stil own the Master 7 and switching back from HE-7 to M7 was not a disappointment at all. I listen on daily basis and enjoy music as never before but wow...the HE-7 is magic!

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #51 of 179
Hi mtoc,

if you are interested in more reports/reviews I can recommend the regarding thread in our Forum aktives-hoeren.de. Have a look at: http://www.aktives-hoeren.de/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6020. I hope Google translator will do a good job.
Kind regards
Fujak

Feb 9, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #52 of 179
Still no one has heard the HE7 except von Fujak?

I have listened to the HE-7. Before jumping to the conclusion, my current setup is a Master 10 (2015) integrated amp and Master 7 dac. I contacted Kingwa before I did the listening session with the HE-7 (I borrowed HE-7 from another enthusiastic audio friend). I contacted Kingwa about Mater 10 and HE-7 and he replied the Master 10 cannot show the real capabilities of the HE-7.

With this answer in mind I didn't expect a huge difference between Master 7 and HE-7. At the moment I turned it on and let it run to come back in about 20 minutes and was kind a shocked. I could already hear the difference without being in front of the speakers. The HE-7 is MAGIC...! It fills up the room with music with extreme realism and easiness. I expected less difference between M7 and HE-7 as you can imagine. 

Today I still have the Master 7. Why? Because it is fantastic too. Switching back to the M7 did not disappoint me at all, I would say less magic but still enough magic to make me very happy.
The HE-7 isn't cheap and the fact the Master 10 need replacement for something better to hear real capabilities? (Wonder what next step is :) )

If I did not yet have the Master 10 and 7 I would definitely consider the HE-7. From what I have experienced even with a Master 10 already! Choices...choices....

Hope this helps...I keep dreaming about the HE-7.....one day.....

Jul 3, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #55 of 179
@Sorrodje

Can you comment here on any further experience with this amp. It seems that you have used it with other DACS and have had no problems. After reading your review I am pretty much set on this being my endgame.  

Jul 3, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #56 of 179
  @Sorrodje

Can you comment here on any further experience with this amp. It seems that you have used it with other DACS and have had no problems. After reading your review I am pretty much set on this being my endgame.  

Nope. I can't . I had it on loan and the HE-9 had been returned to the Store a long time ago. Sorry. 

Jul 3, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #58 of 179

@Sorrodje

Nope. I can't . I had it on loan and the HE-9 had been returned to the Store a long time ago. Sorry. 

Thanks for the response.

Jul 3, 2016 at 5:02 PM Post #59 of 179
I got the Master-9 about a month again and as a first time Audio-gd product owner I am impressed. I feel the upgrade-itis a brewin' in the long-term when I have funds for the HE-9.

Jul 3, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #60 of 179
I ask because I am doing things differently this time around. I personally find that while headphones differ so much in sound quality, I would rather have my TOTL AMPS and DAC and then have the headphones I like, One planar open back, one dynamic open back, and one planar closed back, one dynamic open back. Thats my goal. I am looking at this one really hard right now. I love my trafomatic head2 as a tube amp but the truth is, it doesn't make the best pairing for some orthos. Its killer for the higher impedance dymanics and does great with the HE1k. I want an end game solid state. 

I think I may be ready for the he-9 soon. I was looking at that iFi-Ican Pro but I already have a tube amp. I just want a solid state. 

Too bad there is not much information. I think Sorrodje's review is reliable and am not worried about its sonic performance at this point, however, I am scared of this thing messing up my Pavane. I wouldn't know what to do if it messed up my DAC. That DAC costs a lot for an income like mine. 

I wish Audio-GD could chime in on it. On the product page it says the following.

"Only for the users who had bought the below products :C-3,C-8,Master 1 to 11,Reference 10,NFB-7,NFB-27 。"

Their English is quite bad so does that simply mean it is only compatible with previous Audio-GD products? 

I will email them and just incase someone else is interested I will post the response here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back