Audio-gd HE-9 MK2
Jun 24, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #33 of 168
The new he9 only gets 1-2 degrees warmer then the r7he mkii. Which i own too. Great dac indeed. Even more so with an external clock.
Awesome, r7he mkii can barely feel its warmth, I haven't tried an external clock but I can say the quality of the power cable has a definite impact on it.

Jul 5, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #34 of 168
Funny but i am not surprised: last week, the he9 mkii had lost most staging abilities. They are now coming back. It is surprising, after 6 weeks of burn-in.
The unit has been brillant at times but is not cooked yet. I know it can do more. It's been very good for the last two days. But not brillant. Nearly excellent but not quite.
Being a no feedback design is likely the reason for such slow burn-in..

But the ultimate slow burn-in is with the Master series power amplifier. My own m3 took 3-4 month to wake up. If you don't belelieve in burn-in, and you want to stick to that position, buy something else. :)

The mkii is getting there. It is amost there in fact.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #35 of 168
Thanks guys for review of new gen, i was thinking to upgrade my he9 (use it with HP) but now I see it not worth it for my music genres… I listen heavy music which is requires a lot of lows

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #38 of 168
Quick update on the mkii as an HP amp.

It is now pretty much burned-in (not yet as far a the pre out though).

It is perfect with the Ali Music Master E1000 hps. I can't ask for better sound. Compared to the old one, i would say it sounds quite a bit faster. And it stages even better.

My reason for moving to the mkii was mainly for the improved pre out. But as a bonus, i get a 1-2% sound improvment on HPs. The signature is unchanged, on the other hand, which is great.

As for for the signature, for newcomers, i would call it "smooth and natural". Having no feedback is likely what makes the signature this way. The main benefit is very little fatigue.

Highly recommended, if you have the required room!

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #39 of 168
Quick update on the mkii as an HP amp.

It is now pretty burn-in (not yet as far a then pre out though).

It is perfect with the Ali Music Master E1000 hps. I can't ask for better sound. Compared to the old one, i would say it sounds quite a bit faster. And it stages even better.

My reason for moving to the mkii was mainly for the improved pre out. But as a bonus, i get a 1-2% sound improvment on HPs. The signature is unchanged, on the other hand, which is great.

As for for the signature, for newcomers, i would call it "smooth and natural". Having no feedback is likely what makes the signature this way. The main benefit is very little fatigue.

Highly recommended, if you have the required room!
Looks like you have golden ear man if you can hear 1-2% difference :)))

Jul 17, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #41 of 168
Just for my own curiosity, do we need to individually process the burn-in for each output, i.e. SE, 4-pin XLR, and 3-pin XLR on the rear? or would only one output suffice? I have no knowledge about the circuit inside.

btw, I'm selling off the Nimak 5 ACSS. Please follow the link on my signature if interested.

Jul 17, 2022 at 8:06 AM Post #42 of 168
Just for my own curiosity, do we need to individually process the burn-in for each output, i.e. SE, 4-pin XLR, and 3-pin XLR on the rear? or would only one output suffice? I have no knowledge about the circuit inside.

btw, I'm selling off the Nimak 5 ACSS. Please follow the link on my signature if interested.
All inputs use mostly the same amp circuits. But the rcas use a bit of extra circuit to convert to balanced. They is also some small wire lengths that should benefit from some burn-in. So the answer is a timid yes. The effect will be small if any.

Also, your Nimak might not be the best match before burn-in. In my case, the pre out would be a little lean at first. It's not the case anymore after 1500h. It takes much time to settle.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #43 of 168
All inputs use mostly the same amp circuits. But the rcas use a bit of extra circuit to convert to balanced. They is also some small wire lengths that should benefit from some burn-in. So the answer is a timid yes. The effect will be small if any.

Also, your Nimak might not be the best match before burn-in. In my case, the pre out would be a little lean at first. It's not the case anymore after 1500h. It takes much time to settle.

Thanks for the head-up, Fred.

Jul 17, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #44 of 168

Kingwa is following this thread.

He just told me there is no additional circuit for the rca inputs because the inputs circuits are differential. What this means also is that the he9 mkii will not be affected by a dc offet with the source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back