Audio-gd HE-9 MK2
Jun 16, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #20 of 164
After over 500h, the mkii is just wonderful as a pre. Limpid. Deep. Smooth. Lively. Rich. I would call it exceptional. It can fullfill both applications, pre and hp amp, with similar brio.

Kingwa is a grand-cru. Improving with age. You will need the best equipement possible to see the extent of the mkii's competence. For those thinking Kingwa made compromises on sound quality, think again. My setup is now like a cascade of pure water that can quench any thirst. It will play any music your like as intended. I am in complete admiration for what Kingwa has achieved in the last 3-4 years. He has become a master. An exceptional master.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2022 at 1:19 AM Post #21 of 164
Ah cool. I have to say he9 is a solid SS amp imo. I do prefer tubes (especially OG BH crack) but he9 remains my SS reference.

HE9 with a better pre sounds cool.

Jun 24, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #23 of 164
After over 500h, the mkii is just wonderful as a pre. Limpid. Deep. Smooth. Lively. Rich. I would call it exceptional. It can fullfill both applications, pre and hp amp, with similar brio.

Kingwa is a grand-cru. Improving with age. You will need the best equipement possible to see the extent of the mkii's competence. For those thinking Kingwa made compromises on sound quality, think again. My setup is now like a cascade of pure water that can quench any thirst. It will play any music your like as intended. I am in complete admiration for what Kingwa has achieved in the last 3-4 years. He has become a master. An exceptional master.
Glad you liked the HE-9 MK2 and thank you for sharing your experience, I actually have an R-7HE MK2 and I can't tell you how great it is. I really respect Kingwa work, anyway I'm looking for a high-end headphone amplifier and I'm seriously considering the HE-9 MK2 but wondering about the temperature is it getting high with use? Or just reasonably warm! I have a Gustard H20 I can tell you can cook an egg on it in seconds! So this is a point that really interests me in any amplifier that comes with Class-A.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2022 at 2:04 AM Post #24 of 164
I wonder how mk2 compares to he1 as a pre.

Jun 24, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #26 of 164
Glad you liked the HE-9 MK2 and thank you for sharing your experience, I actually have an R-7HE MK2 and I can't tell you how great it is. I really respect Kingwa work, anyway I'm looking for a high-end headphone amplifier and I'm seriously considering the HE-9 MK2 but wondering about the temperature is it getting high with use? Or just reasonably warm! I have a Gustard H20 I can tell you can cook an egg on it in seconds! So this is a point that really interests me in any amplifier that comes with Class-A.
The new he9 only gets 1-2 degrees warmer then the r7he mkii. Which i own too. Great dac indeed. Even more so with an external clock.

Jun 24, 2022 at 4:39 AM Post #28 of 164
I asked Kingwa. He said not quite at the level of the old he1 but not so far off. I can say it is significantly better than the old he9, which beats a old master-1 itself.

You have to find an optimal power cord. The one with three separate trunk i got on Aliexpress works really great.

Thank you for this.

Jun 24, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #29 of 164
I asked Kingwa. He said not quite at the level of the old he1 but not so far off. I can say it is significantly better than the old he9, which beats a old master-1 itself.

You have to find an optimal power cord. The one with three separate trunk i got on Aliexpress works really great.

vacuum he1 would be a cool comparison

Jun 24, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #30 of 164
The one with three separate trunk i got on Aliexpress works really great.
Could you share a link? Thanks.

I also ordered HE-9 MK2 (due to arrive in 2 weeks), so one less decision to make.. Hopefully, soon enough I will have similar positive emotions re: the amp and its performance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back