Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Jan 27, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #32 of 477
There should be a firmware that includes a spdif input in a near future (instead of the 75-ohm clock input), . But for now, there are two clock inputs, a 50-ohm and a 75-ohm.
I hope that's true as I got a confirmation that they are discontinuing the DI20, and the customer support also said that the coax/spdif input is "cancelled" as well on the DI24.

Jan 27, 2024 at 6:53 AM Post #33 of 477
I hope that's true as I got a confirmation that they are discontinuing the DI20, and the customer support also said that the coax/spdif input is "cancelled" as well on the DI24.
That means I am keeping my DI20HE for sure😅 - thanks for this info!

but the port says “multiduty” specifically on 75Ohm input.

Jan 27, 2024 at 8:40 AM Post #38 of 477
Am I right the only difference between DI24 and DI24HE is the regenerative power supply?
Thx
The price difference is worth spending if thats what you are curious about. It was on the DI20/HE. It sure will be on 24HE, as it will be necassary if you think about the clock output👍

Power is everything. Good powered TXCO can sound better than OCXO. I have this experience on two products.

If you really think about whats inside 24HE, its a steal.
They are building me one if not the last DI20 HE because i had purchased the DI24 before and i didn’t want to give up the spdif input 😬
You lucky!

I was almost selling my DI-20HE to finance the 24HE. When I got it back from a friend, I just knew it is staying.

Will compare both when I get the 24HE, hopefully before march.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #39 of 477
Vale la pena spendere la differenza di prezzo se è questo che ti incuriosisce. Era sul DI20/HE. Sicuramente sarà su 24HE, poiché sarà necessario se si pensa all'uscita del clock👍

Il potere è tutto. Un TXCO di buona potenza può suonare meglio di un OCXO. Ho questa esperienza su due prodotti.

Se pensi davvero a cosa c'è dentro 24HE, è un affare.

Sei fortunato!

Stavo quasi per vendere il mio DI-20HE per finanziare il 24HE. Quando l'ho ripreso da un amico, sapevo solo che sarebbe rimasto.

Confronterò entrambi quando avrò il 24HE, si spera prima di marzo.
It should arrive in early February … i hope. I will feed my Gustard R26 and Afterdark Queen two output square wave

Jan 27, 2024 at 9:10 AM Post #40 of 477
How do you connect your DACs to the digital interface? Optical, coaxial or something else?

Jan 27, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #41 of 477
With burn-in, the di24he acquires warmth, which does not make it as warm as the di20he. For those worrying about having flesh on the bone, it is comparable to the di20he. No issue there. The unit needs over 525h (including the 300h done at the factory) to start to perform as it should. The benefit of getting it compared to the di20he are

1. A bit more resolution, so better staging depth, more air and details
2. Tighter/cleaner bass.

Jan 27, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #44 of 477
Another piece of info. I spoke to Kingwa about outputting the external signal from the di24he. There is a rebuffering occuring and noise can possibly go down by using this output instead of going directly out of the clock. Jitter obviously will degrade quite a bit but for devices like a streamer, noise likely matters more than jitter. A long as the streamer remains synched with the DDC and DAC, all should be fine. This can translate into a sound quality upgrade. I am using the di24he clock out to my streamer. I will a/b eventually. But i can't do it on the fly unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back