Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Jan 23, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #17 of 483
Now at 525h with the di24he. Sound is very very very good. Flesh on the bones, but not as warm as the di20he. Still got some warmth. Goes deeper into the recording. Blacker background. More air. Superior staging depth it seems. Better timbres. Juicy. The stage width is the same as the di20he's: beyond the speakers. Quite spectacular sound, but relaxed. Very sweet treble. Full sound.

I forgot: visceral bass. I love it.

And it's only 7pm.

Congratulations, Kingwa. I am amazed. Cheers to you!

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #19 of 483
I just got my unit today and so far I'm impressed by how it improves the sound in my chain. Most notably the stage becomes wider and now much blacker background. This is based on my first listen, hopefully it will improve even further with more burn in.

Btw, does anyone know how to properly burn in the unit? Do I just need to keep it on or do I need to feed signal to the unit?

Also, what sound format are you guys using for the unit? When I connect it to my computer, it automatically sets itself to 32 bit, 48000 Hz. Should I change it to 16 bit, 44100 Hz instead?

1706109749920.png

Jan 24, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #20 of 483
I just got my unit today and so far I'm impressed by how it improves the sound in my chain. Most notably the stage becomes wider and now much blacker background. This is based on my first listen, hopefully it will improve even further with more burn in.

Btw, does anyone know how to properly burn in the unit? Do I just need to keep it on or do I need to feed signal to the unit?

Also, what sound format are you guys using for the unit? When I connect it to my computer, it automatically sets itself to 32 bit, 48000 Hz. Should I change it to 16 bit, 44100 Hz instead?

1706109749920.png
If on a PC, install the Amanero driver. Not sure about these pc setting. The device is good for 32bit/384Khz but when a file is played back, the best is too play it in its actual format. The di24he indicates the format received on its screen.

Let it cook with music playing for 300h.

Jan 24, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #21 of 483
I play using Foobar 2000 with the output set to 24-bit. Works well for PCM and DSD. When output device is ASIO or WASAPI Exclusive, it gives the best quality at a native rate - no sample-rate conversion, system mixer setting (photo) is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #22 of 483
If on a PC, install the Amanero driver. Not sure about these pc setting. The device is good for 32bit/384Khz but when a file is played back, the best is too play it in its actual format. The di24he indicates the format received on its screen.

Let it cook with music playing for 300h.
Thanks for the info on burn in!

I've installed the Amanero driver provided from the AGD website. I'm using Tidal for my streaming so it has a variety of format (changing from 16/24 bit and 44.1kHz/48kHz). Unlike my dac which will automatically change format according to the file that is being played, the di24he seems to be fixed on a certain format directly from Windows OS. Is there something wrong with my settings?

Jan 24, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #23 of 483
Thanks for the info on burn in!

I've installed the Amanero driver provided from the AGD website. I'm using Tidal for my streaming so it has a variety of format (changing from 16/24 bit and 44.1kHz/48kHz). Unlike my dac which will automatically change format according to the file that is being played, the di24he seems to be fixed on a certain format directly from Windows OS. Is there something wrong with my settings?
Yes. @sajunky could likely help you with this.

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:40 AM Post #25 of 483
In windows just leave it at 32/48Khz. ASIO/Exclusive application should change the samplerate to the corresponding of the file

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2024 at 8:01 AM Post #26 of 483
Fred, when you report your hours- you mean inclusive of the burn in time at the factory? Do they burn in in at 300 hours at the factory?
Yes and yes.

Last night was a low, still oscillating. But back on track this morning. Excellent sound. Kingwa is right on the money with his description. The bottom line is more resolution, real resolution that bring clarity and air. Same thing you get when ever noise in the digital chain goes down. I got a real addiction to this.

Jan 25, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #27 of 483
Just received my DI-24 (non-HE) and, unlike my fumbling of the DI-20 purchase years ago (LOL), this unit works great so far. The unit is physically bigger than you'd think but I have more than enough room. Can't comment yet on sound difference from my Singxer SU-2 but I am quite sure the DI-24 is in an upper class compared to that DDC. I'll just let it burn in overnight for a few weeks and use it normally during the day.

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #28 of 483
Just a quick update before my DI-24 takes a long trip to burnin' land: the DI-24 is excellent. I can't really speak much about staging and (especially) imaging since those are usually the last things to come into focus when burn-in is complete, but I can say that the Singxer SU-2 is very poor in direct comparison to the DI-24. The bass on the DI-24 is stronger, better-defined and punchier than the SU-2 by a noticeable margin. An even greater difference is in the midrange. The DI-24 mids are so full and somewhat warm, making the SU-2's mids sound considerably colder and thinner. Electric guitars now have that full-bodied crunch that I was completely missing with the SU-2. It is like night and day to me, anyways. I cannot believe I lived with the SU-2 for three or four years...

Jan 26, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #29 of 483
I am eyeing the DI24 since I will be using a DAC with an I2S input and I want to utilize it but I am running a streamer without a USB out, I just want to confirm does the DI24 no longer has an spdif/coax input like the DI20? or the 75 Ohm clock input works the same way?

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:55 PM Post #30 of 483
I am eyeing the DI24 since I will be using a DAC with an I2S input and I want to utilize it but I am running a streamer without a USB out, I just want to confirm does the DI24 no longer has an spdif/coax input like the DI20? or the 75 Ohm clock input works the same way?
There should be a firmware that includes a spdif input in a near future (instead of the 75-ohm clock input), . But for now, there are two clock inputs, a 50-ohm and a 75-ohm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back