Audio-gd DI24/DI24HE
Apr 23, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #466 of 471
Oh yeah we tried/done updating the firmware via usb and usb blaster after the first time happened, and yes Ive tried difference source its the same issue.

From what I know it counts under warranty so the good news it I wouldnt need to spend money, just time.
Ok I see. It should count under warrenty.

Did you check if it happens when the headphone cable is connected?

Maybe it activates something

1. Unplug headphone
2. Try to replicate

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #467 of 471
Ok I see. It should count under warrenty.

Did you check if it happens when the headphone cable is connected?

Maybe it activates something

1. Unplug headphone
2. Try to replicate
Tried that aswell, with different headphone and spare cable i have again sound only count out when im using the dac at Pre-amp mode, headphones are completely fine

Apr 24, 2024 at 10:45 AM Post #468 of 471
Got DI24HE to replace my Denafrips Iris DDC. Not much expectation as my DAC is old and connection is through Coaxial.

Really suprised as in the first use, it felt more energy/lively impression, maybe some additional crisp to the sound as well.

Hopefully it continue to get better as I use it.

Side note: It came with USB Blaster, quite an unique firmware update method.

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #469 of 471
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I am thinking about buying an afterdark external clock with only 1, 75 ohm bnc clock output

If I run the 75 ohm clock out signal from the afterdark in the 75 ohm clock input on the DI24HE can I send the clock signal from the Afterdark through the DI24HE 75 ohm and 50 ohm clock outputs to my Etherregen and R7HEmk3 DAC?

My apologies if this is an ignorant question.

Regards

Andrew

Apr 25, 2024 at 2:59 PM Post #470 of 471
Got DI24HE to replace my Denafrips Iris DDC. Not much expectation as my DAC is old and connection is through Coaxial.

Really suprised as in the first use, it felt more energy/lively impression, maybe some additional crisp to the sound as well.

Hopefully it continue to get better as I use it.

Side note: It came with USB Blaster, quite an unique firmware update method.
I would be very interested in your take on Iris vs DI24HE. I’m considering some ddc or usb isolator but still not convinced which one. I leaned towards Iris to pair it with Pontus II.
Do you consider it significant upgrade? It’s interesting how such DDC change can have that impact.

Also, does it still make sense to go for HE version if the DDC will be powered through Puritan PSM156 conditioner? It’s not clear to me what kind of benefit the HE version could bring in this case. The power entered to the ddc shall be already filtered and “clean”.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #471 of 471
I would be very interested in your take on Iris vs DI24HE. I’m considering some ddc or usb isolator but still not convinced which one. I leaned towards Iris to pair it with Pontus II.
Do you consider it significant upgrade? It’s interesting how such DDC change can have that impact.

Also, does it still make sense to go for HE version if the DDC will be powered through Puritan PSM156 conditioner? It’s not clear to me what kind of benefit the HE version could bring in this case. The power entered to the ddc shall be already filtered and “clean”.
Personally, I wouldn't consider it as a very significant change but I'm surprised with the positive improvements and definitely satisfied with the purchase.

However, I afraid I cannot answer the pairing with Pontus II as I dont have the DAC. I'm sure there's few review on the Iris-Pontus II pairing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back