Audio-GD DI-20
Apr 23, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #5,326 of 5,348

I know about this problem on the Gustard how about the other inputs. Same problem rooted in the Pin15?
Will try other inputs tonight after work. I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #5,327 of 5,348
Will try other inputs tonight after work. I’m sure they’ll be fine.
They are all great, each and every port needs that special "match" with cables. Thats another journey but for first impression they are all very good imo. Recommend to only use one cable at a time on the [STD/ACSS]

Have only one cable connected to one DAC from the DI20HE at the time. You can of course use a DAC on each outputs. Counting that it haves a total of "3" outputs

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #5,328 of 5,348
Cheers for the feedback and suggestion. Seems likely it’s a pin 15 incompatibility I agree, R26 works fine with the Singxer SU-6 that provides for a signal on Pin 15 in one of its configs. If only there was a common i2S standard eh rather than the current free for all. For the purpose of this short term loan from @Mr Brett I can’t see myself modifying any cables so may have to use other connection types. Will try a few more things re i2S just in case, incl a different i2S cable.
Better do it on Gustard (not on a loan), as you can take Vcc from the interface chip. I remember you have removed wireless antenna, leaving a hole, pull wires to the switch through this hole.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #5,329 of 5,348
Better do it on Gustard (not on a loan), as you can take Vcc from the interface chip. I remember you have removed wireless antenna, leaving a hole, pull wires to the switch through this hole.
Lol good memory re the BT antenna, I did actually put back the pigtail (or whatever they call that short internal coax) but removed the antenna and capped it with foil. But anyway.. resistors and such are a bit outside my DIY comfort zone which doesn’t extend much beyond adding MuMetal shields to toroidals (awesome btw!) 😅

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #5,330 of 5,348
Hey guys appreciate some help. My Di20he stopped working and Kingwa said to reflash it. Tried rebooting, changing cables none of that worked.

I installed quartus prime lite 23.1 but when i click tools > programmer it just does not detect my di20he which is connected via my altera blaster. I did use this blaster years ago and was able to update the di20he. My device manager is detecting the blaster. I find the install guide kingwa wrote extremely confusing. Any advice would be appreciated.

Apr 24, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #5,331 of 5,348
Hey guys appreciate some help. My Di20he stopped working and Kingwa said to reflash it. Tried rebooting, changing cables none of that worked.

I installed quartus prime lite 23.1 but when i click tools > programmer it just does not detect my di20he which is connected via my altera blaster. I did use this blaster years ago and was able to update the di20he. My device manager is detecting the blaster. I find the install guide kingwa wrote extremely confusing. Any advice would be appreciated.
If your Altera Blaster is detected, you should be able to start the installation process running the Quartus. Try to delete the device driver that windows (default) uses and direct it to use the driver in the Quartus directory.

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #5,332 of 5,348
If your Altera Blaster is detected, you should be able to start the installation process running the Quartus. Try to delete the device driver that windows (default) uses and direct it to use the driver in the Quartus directory

I did the update driver option and pointed it to the quartus directory but it was not able to find anything. If I delete the device in device manager how can I make windows use quartus driver?

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #5,333 of 5,348
1713979202394.png

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #5,334 of 5,348
See post 398 on DI24, as below:

Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus controllers>"pick the USB device and right click">uninstall driver
repeat above with the last command with update driver>browse my computer for drivers

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #5,335 of 5,348

Try using a USB HUB. I have a specific USB port on my motherboard that works, which is for BIOS update

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #5,336 of 5,348
See post 398 on DI24, as below:

Device Manager>Universal Serial Bus controllers>"pick the USB device and right click">uninstall driver
repeat above with the last command with update driver>browse my computer for drivers

After i right click and select uninstall device, it disappears. So I am not clear on how I can then update the driver if its gone from my device manager?

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #5,337 of 5,348
Try using a USB HUB. I have a specific USB port on my motherboard that works, which is for BIOS update

Tried that didn't work.

Apr 25, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #5,338 of 5,348
Ok I managed to click update driver and direct it to the quartus driver folder. Now its recognized as altera usb blaster.

Apr 25, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #5,339 of 5,348
Ok I got it. Once I pointed the usb device to the quartus driver folder it recognized the driver and installed as an altera device.
Then I did the jtag test. Then after I added the latest firmware with tools >programmer, selected the firmware file, pressed the check box and start.

Thanks for the help.

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #5,340 of 5,348
I’ve spent much of the day listening to the DI-20HE either alone or in combination with the LHY UIP. Thanks to these superb AES/EBU cables loaned to me by @Mr Brett - thanks again.
In a nutshell - I see what all the fuss is about, the DI-20HE is a class above other DDCs I’ve listened to, and spoiler alert, though the LHY UIP is not quite at its level (though much closer to the DI20HE than it is to the U18 a distant third/fourth) it combines with the DI20HE to produce a sound that’s greater than the sum of the parts*. Lush, detailed, expansive.. magic.
IMG_0392.jpeg
Initial impressions up here…

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/lhy-uip-usb-audio-isolator.972463/post-18090861

*Edit - OK maybe a little hyperbole after an IPA or two, but it does sound magic, a good lift to the already superb DI-20HE!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back