Audio-GD DI-20
Jan 16, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #4,561 of 5,353
Hello
I have a question
Is there a way to connect my DI 20 to my new Hifiman EF 400? It has not coaxial input..just usb input.
I need a cable Spdif in to Usb out...but I am not sure it does exist actually
Maybe try a USB reclocker instead from iFi, Ideon or Innuos for example. It would have similar effect like DI20 has for converting USB signal to other digital outputs.

Jan 16, 2023 at 8:23 AM Post #4,562 of 5,353
Maybe try a USB reclocker instead from iFi, Ideon or Innuos for example. It would have similar effect like DI20 has for converting USB signal to other digital outputs.

We had a similar question earlier. Nobody was able to identify anything that can take S/PDIF or other input and direct it to USB output.

Jan 16, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #4,564 of 5,353
umhh such a pity that I can't use my DI 20 with this fantastic dac amp ef 400
anyway it is incredible tha does not exist any adaptor form Spdif to Usb out
Well, it's very unusual for mid to hifi gear to have only USB input. The point of DDC is not to use USB, so really there is not much of a use-case for anything -> USB.

Jan 16, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #4,565 of 5,353
I think that the new Holo Red DDC can do it.

Jan 16, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #4,566 of 5,353
I think that the new Holo Red DDC can do it.
Why do you say that? Everything I have seen (can't find a manual) suggests it's USB -> something

Jan 16, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #4,567 of 5,353
Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #4,568 of 5,353
I saw it when the Red was released, but I was not sure to remember well. And it has indeed a USB port in, and a USB port out.
It's a transport-only streamer, so I guess the USB out is for the streamer function for a USB DAC rather than DDC? But it would be nice if we could find some doc.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #4,569 of 5,353
It's a transport-only streamer, so I guess the USB out is for the streamer function for a USB DAC rather than DDC? But it would be nice if we could find some doc.
Maybe you are right, and it's only an output for its built in streamer… I was surprised to see it, because I never saw a DDC with a USB output.

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #4,570 of 5,353
Maybe you are right, and it's only an output for its built in streamer… I was surprised to see it, because I never saw a DDC with a USB output.

I have a Mutec with USB out and we were hopeful, but @tesarpa and I concluded it's for recording on the PC and won't work as a USB host to be able to plug in a USB DAC.

The whole point of a DDC seems to be to avoid USB connections downstream. So I'm doubtful anybody is going to support this.

Jan 17, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #4,573 of 5,353
DELETED.

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2023 at 12:36 PM Post #4,574 of 5,353
I recall looking into this last year as I was similarly keen to convert a s/pdif signal into a USB output. I was likewise surprised and frustrated that my search drew a blank.

I concluded the only way to do this was convoluted - to use a computer with a sound card with a s/pdif input, then reroute the signal using software to a USB output. I ended up buying this cheap USB sound card/dongle and briefly tried it half-heartedly without immediate success, ending up going a different direction.

https://hifimediy.com/product/hifime-ur23-spdif-optical-to-usb-converter/

Jan 17, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #4,575 of 5,353
I recall looking into this last year as I was similarly keen to convert a s/pdif signal into a USB output. I was likewise surprised and frustrated that my search drew a blank.

I concluded the only way to do this was convoluted - to use a computer with a sound card with a s/pdif input, then reroute the signal using software to a USB output. I ended up buying this cheap USB sound card/dongle and briefly tried it half-heartedly without immediate success, ending up going a different direction.

https://hifimediy.com/product/hifime-ur23-spdif-optical-to-usb-converter/
It could be a great idea. So I can buy sometingh like this (https://www.thomann.de/gb/lindy_audiokonverter_spdif_digital.htm) to get the Coaxial signal form the DI20 and to use that one you suggest (https://hifimediy.com/product/hifime-ur23-spdif-optical-to-usb-converter/) to go into the EF 44o Usb port

Users who are viewing this thread

Back