Audio-GD DI-20
Jun 5, 2022 at 3:39 PM Post #3,541 of 5,353
I need to reinstall my USB driver on the DI and I cant because pressing the button on the back- no matter how long I hold it does not erase the driver in the unit.

Can someone explain to me how to erase the USB driver from the DI so I can do a fresh install?
USB driver is installed on the connected PC. Its the firmware that resides on the DI unit.

Jun 5, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #3,543 of 5,353
I need to reinstall my USB driver on the DI and I cant because pressing the button on the back- no matter how long I hold it does not erase the driver in the unit.

Can someone explain to me how to erase the USB driver from the DI so I can do a fresh instalo avoid accidentally erase

To avoid accidentally erasure.
From AGD website:

Some few customer feedback they accidentally touch the Amanero update button cause the firmware delete, Since 23rd. July 2021 , the product ship without connect the update button wire, if customer want to active the update button feature, connect by customer.

http://www.audio-gd.com/R2R/R8mk2/R8mk2EN_Use.htm

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #3,547 of 5,353
I have a question for fellow headfiers.

WHen I download new firmware- I often get static noise and have to re-due the firmware update. Is this normal and is there any way to prevent it from happening?

Jun 7, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #3,548 of 5,353
When using the ACSS output on the DI, is it correct that cable length does not matter- or does it?
Its more immune to noise, but I would place DDC close to the DAC (and powered from the same outlet) anyway. What cable lenght you are talking about and what is your sound source?

Regarding getting cracks after firmware upgrade, I think you don't follow closely procedure or USB cable is to long. The instruction on the Amanero website is slightly different. Where Amanero says unplug/plug USB cable, you also need to power cycle (off/on) DI-20.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #3,549 of 5,353
Hai everyone,
I am new here and this is my first post , hope you guys will help me sort this.

I have an audiogd r2r7 dac which i had recently updated the firmware [latest as per audiogd]. I had also updates the usb combo firmware and used the driver mentioned by the manufacturer.
Since then i have this noise coming out of the speaker with some files cannot say exactly which but mostly files that are 24/192,24/96, . While dsd or 16/44 or 24/48 or even 16/48 has no issue. If any file starts having issue then it will continue for rest of all file which i play no matter what bit or sample. This will be ok only after i turn the dac off and restart it after sometime , but sometime it wont even help and i will wait a while longer to start the dac. If is stop playback when it was working and then start again even 16/44.1 files too will not play without noise. and funny thing is clearly dont have a clue when the device malfunction or till when til will properly function.

So i am on firmware R-7_Parallel_DOP1.1_IIS3 Nov 2020
Amanero Win 10 driver is ver 1.0.62
Foobar 1.6.11 2000 using exclusive driver or asio to Amanero
Jriver 28.0.106 using asio

Jun 7, 2022 at 12:25 PM Post #3,550 of 5,353
Hai everyone,
I am new here and this is my first post , hope you guys will help me sort this.

I have an audiogd r2r7 dac which i had recently updated the firmware [latest as per audiogd]. I had also updates the usb combo firmware and used the driver mentioned by the manufacturer.
Since then i have this noise coming out of the speaker with some files cannot say exactly which but mostly files that are 24/192,24/96, . While dsd or 16/44 or 24/48 or even 16/48 has no issue. If any file starts having issue then it will continue for rest of all file which i play no matter what bit or sample. This will be ok only after i turn the dac off and restart it after sometime , but sometime it wont even help and i will wait a while longer to start the dac. If is stop playback when it was working and then start again even 16/44.1 files too will not play without noise. and funny thing is clearly dont have a clue when the device malfunction or till when til will properly function.

So i am on firmware R-7_Parallel_DOP1.1_IIS3 Nov 2020
Amanero Win 10 driver is ver 1.0.62
Foobar 1.6.11 2000 using exclusive driver or asio to Amanero
Jriver 28.0.106 using asio
I am using WASAPI (JRiver, Roon, Foobar) as well as 1.0.67 USB driver. No crackles or pops at all.

https://www.amanero.com/drivers.htm

Jun 7, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #3,552 of 5,353
Hi, a bit confused what you mean by r2r7 DAC and you are posting in the DI-20 thread. What exactly is your DAC and did you update the DAC firmware and DI-20 firmware and USB firmware for both devices all at the same time? I hope not...

1st thing, make sure you have the correct firmware for your devices, the firmware page can be a bit confusing. Do one thing at a time and test every step of the way before doing something else.

To isolate the issue to the device firmware or USB firmware, try some other input (coax, AES/EBU, optical) etc.

Jun 13, 2022 at 12:01 PM Post #3,554 of 5,353
Did anyone try different feet under the.......

Nothing that fancy I am using, just some vibration damping material which I use on all my equipment. This is way back when the system was a lot less resolving, never test it lately, so not sure how big/small the effects it has on my system anymore. At the time that I did the testing, it did make a difference to isolate/damp the vertical movement, sound is actually better if the lateral movement is not restricted.

Jun 13, 2022 at 12:33 PM Post #3,555 of 5,353

Users who are viewing this thread

Back