Audio-GD DI-20
Jun 30, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #1,609 of 5,351
I think 3.993 is just bug fix attempts perhaps. Kingwa just said "here it is and give it a try".

SPDIF input in parallel mode has always been an issue on my DI20HE. Switching to serial seemed more stable. 3.99 played OK (parallel mode) with only two minor dropouts in 2 hrs of testing. 3.993 SPDIF input parallel mode does play on my DI20HE (parallel mode) so will run this for several hours to test. I have the Singxer SU-1 drving SPDIF input.

Jun 30, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #1,610 of 5,351
I’m on 4,5 weeks burn in and my unit (90/98 version) has taken a big step forward from being somewhat edgy with (too much) openness in the midrange (resulting i mild ear pains after 10 minutes of listening) towards a much more balanced and natural presentation with the bass impact being slighty less (in a good way as it was too much before).

It is quite strange how the sound changes during burn in. Hoping so much that this is a permanent step in the right direction and that the edgyness will be gone permanently.. fingers crossed :)

Jun 30, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #1,616 of 5,351
I’m enjoying 3.993 f/w. USB in/ I2S out/ parallel mode, int. or ext. clock. I’m getting much less grain/ glare. First thought the f/w had less highs but it is just less junk. More depth... spooky compared with 3.99 yesterday. Large space. Bass is thundering as well. Worth a try if curious!

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2020 at 8:11 PM Post #1,617 of 5,351
I don't know what it's like for others but when I engage my clock (w/ di20he 3.993 only) the dynamics rise to the point where I think I'm listening to a delta sigma dac. Though it's a little drier, it doesn't exhibit that hard+thin sound that is so typical of delta sigma implementations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back