Audio-GD DI-20
Jun 27, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #1,577 of 5,348
My case from queensland had no feet, so I put 2 in the front and 1 in the back
1. front.jpg

I used the brass cap nuts that come with your standard indoor or outdoor wall sconce
2. feet.jpg

bottom view
3. outside.jpg

as shallow as these heads are, they still make contact with the circuit board so you should file them down a bit and cover with scotch tape (black tape won't slide as easy if it makes contact)
4. inside.jpg

also, the slots that guide the circuit board aren't snug enough. If you shake the case you can feel the board oscillating. Maybe apply scotch tape to the sides, and slice it open with an exacto blade.

and these are your tools
5. tools.jpg

I was amazed by how hot the morion block get's, and the case get's hot with only air as a conductor.

Jun 28, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #1,580 of 5,348
There is increased res when using an external clock. Some improvment were made to enhance the compatibility of the spdif inputs with sources or lesser quality. It fixed a glitch i had with it.

But there will be additional fixes and a 3.99. Maybe other versions after too, there are some small issues recently introduced that need to be fixed.

Jun 28, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #1,581 of 5,348
3.98 is great sounding in external clock mode/ USB in/ I2S out. It has several bugs and will soon be replaced. If you like what you have wait a while. I don’t think 3.99 will be the last firmware... I just have that feeling in my bones as the say. But 3.98 sounds better than all previous firmware in the configuration I am using. Very encouraging things to come.

Has anyone tested SPDIF outputs with 3.98? Timing was supposedly optimized for SPDIF in this version. I haven’t tested internal clocks either. or DSD.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #1,585 of 5,348
ever since I added the external clock my bass has been on an upswing, and either the unit is breaking in or these firmware updates are pushing it even further. I found a 2lbs block of aluminum in my friend's workshop and put that on top of the clock.

Jun 28, 2020 at 8:49 PM Post #1,586 of 5,348
I have put foam underneath mine and a 1-2 pound block of acrylic on top. The vima caps i added 2 weeks ago on the 12v pin helped, they gave a small upgrade. I had to use extension wires cause there is no space near where the caps are applied. I used a 0.01 and a 0.1uF. I bought the 600v versions by accident, they are huge. But they have better specs so not a bad thing.

Jun 28, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #1,587 of 5,348
Jun 29, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #1,589 of 5,348
We are being very raisonable. No crazy expense. But jokes aside, vibration control and power filtering are very important with ocxos.
Hi Fred
I’ve been outdated for a while and read most of this forum and inquire the queen seller about the external clock mv89A and he only have 2007 available. What do you think about this? I never used ext. clock before and no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back