Audio-GD DI-20
Jun 2, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #1,411 of 5,351
Do headfiers leave their DI020HE and R-7HE ON 24/7 or just turn them on for part of the day?

I listen to music for around 2 hours a day and it does not seem to make sense to leave everything on 24/7.

To my ears- around an hour and a half warm up gets me to where I want. What do others experience in terms of warm up time?

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:31 AM Post #1,412 of 5,351
Do headfiers leave their DI020HE and R-7HE ON 24/7 or just turn them on for part of the day?

I listen to music for around 2 hours a day and it does not seem to make sense to leave everything on 24/7.

To my ears- around an hour and a half warm up gets me to where I want. What do others experience in terms of warm up time?

I turn everything off now that I have an external clock, I used to keep them on 24/7 because I worried about the internal clocks degrading with each power cycle.

To me, everything sounded better after leaving them on for a few days, but good enough after about 2 hours. I haven't tested this since getting my Morion, and I'm not going to because 2 hours is good enough for me.

I leave them on overnight if I am having a GTG though.

Jun 3, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #1,413 of 5,351
Jun 4, 2020 at 2:59 PM Post #1,414 of 5,351
I think the only difference is the connector, the actual signal shouldn't be changed.
It's normal for BNC cables to be used as regular coax cables with adapters. The adapter itself if just the metal piece with no extra wires.

Jun 6, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #1,417 of 5,351
Got the HE too. About delivery, there is a 15-day lead time on my quote, so i assume i am getting it in three weeks.

For FredA, or those of us who use the RPi for transport:

A prototype from Kingwa, however, according to what was released on the forum(chinese), it is unlikely going to make it to the market, due to the difficulties in supporting the SBC hard/software.

Attachments

• AudioGD RPi.jpg
    AudioGD RPi.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
Jun 6, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #1,418 of 5,351
For FredA, or those of us who use the RPi for transport:

A prototype from Kingwa, however, according to what was released on the forum(chinese), it is unlikely going to make it to the market, due to the difficulties in supporting the SBC hard/software.
Also, regen power is most likely overkill for a pi. But perhaps not for a usbridge signature.

Another rpi power solution, an affordable one, has been put together by one of Kingwa's friend. I will be happy to receive a unit to review if all goes as planned. It is meant also as a chassis for the RPi, with pi connectivity on the back plate. It feature a 5v/2A class-a psu. I asked for the addition of a 5.5/2.1 to test with the usbridge sig.

Jun 6, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #1,419 of 5,351
Also, regen power is most likely overkill for a pi. But perhaps not for a usbridge signature.

Another rpi power solution, an affordable one, has been put together by one of Kingwa's friend. I will be happy to receive a unit to review if all goes as planned. It is meant also as a chassis for the RPi, with pi connectivity on the back plate. It feature a 5v/2A class-a psu. I asked for the addition of a 5.5/2.1 to test with the usbridge sig.

Please let us know if/when it arrives.

Jun 6, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #1,422 of 5,351
Good idea.
isn't it more about isolation than ultimate current headroom? I've been told computers back feed noise into the DC supply. As convenient as it is to have all those taps on the HDPlex, it seems to sound best when I don't power both the computer and other stuff. Same thing with the Keces P8. I was almost tempted to use a laptop brick on the computer.

I wonder if optical network transceivers operate quieter than gigabit ethernet ports. If so, it would be cool if someone made an optical transceiver expansion board for an RPI. Do I get a good-idea star for that one?

Jun 6, 2020 at 3:12 PM Post #1,423 of 5,351
isn't it more about isolation than ultimate current headroom? I've been told computers back feed noise into the DC supply. As convenient as it is to have all those taps on the HDPlex, it seems to sound best when I don't power both the computer and other stuff. Same thing with the Keces P8. I was almost tempted to use a laptop brick on the computer.

I wonder if optical network transceivers operate quieter than gigabit ethernet ports. If so, it would be cool if someone made an optical transceiver expansion board for an RPI. Do I get a good-idea star for that one?
Isolation is important of course, and when you have a USB/reclocker, power quality is important as well. Check the allo usbridge on allo.com, the whole I/0 board is custom, with tens of analog regulators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back