Audio-GD DI-20
May 27, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #1,366 of 5,348
May 27, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #1,367 of 5,348
You don't need the PC anymore. Your Pi4b may access your PC/NAS over Ethernet/wifi, or if you use a good size SD card, you can have a sizable library right on your SD card. Limit is the size of your SD card or NAS. Or if you use USB storage, that can hold most music library.

Ya definitely good point. I am already using my pi as an Ethernet streaming device. I could get a NAS and then pc would not be in the equation at all.

May 27, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #1,368 of 5,348
No need for expensive LPS, a decent one would do. The one I am using costed about US$100.

Which LPS are you using? I saw a teradak on ebay.

May 27, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #1,369 of 5,348
I thought pies were powered over ethernet. I see there's a mini usb input that can draw 2amps of 5v. Is that known to sound better?

Its over usb C. Need a dc to usb C cable.

May 27, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #1,370 of 5,348

Choices:
Allo Shanti, comes with USB c. Designed for RPi.
https://allo.com/sparky/shanti.html
RPi battery, USB c cable. Good for 6 to 8 hrs. $ value is great. No power cord.
https://www.buyapi.ca/product/compact-rechargeable-battery-for-raspberry-pi/
ZeroZone R core - needs adapter to USB c. Expensive, but really good. If you doing HE route, maybe worth it. It has a model which can provide 2 DC connections which can power both your RPi 5v & OCXO 12v.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...zero+zone+r+core+linear+power+supply&_sacat=0

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #1,371 of 5,348
Greetings to all the members of this forum. I want to make an inquiry. I own an Auralic Aries G2 streamer transport and I want to know if any of you know if this device works with GD DI 20 through the usb connection. Thank you very much for your attention !
I am using a Aries G2 and the AGD DI20 SE, I2s out to PS Audio Directstream DAC...Sounds wonderful!

May 27, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #1,373 of 5,348
I am using a Aries G2 and the AGD DI20 SE, I2s out to PS Audio Directstream DAC...Sounds wonderful!

Sound did you compare G2 alone (aes out maybe) vs G2 + DI20HE? Thoughts?

May 28, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #1,374 of 5,348
Guys what do you think of these cybershaft OCXO clocks? It has lower jitter than a $23k esoteric clock and it only costs $1000.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/reasonably-priced-dual-master-clock-10mhz-rb-and-ocxo.20827/

Again probably I am wasting my cash as I will only connect a DI20HE to it if I order it.
Cybershaft now have a newer model. They are said to be very good though I have never heard them in action though. Why don't you get a Mutec instead? You can re-clock more of your digital front which I'm sure will reap better results. I'm using sotm master clock to reclock my sotm gears. Happy listening.

May 28, 2020 at 7:11 AM Post #1,375 of 5,348
is the USB C required for operation, or can it draw all it's power from ethernet?

BTW
I had the TeraDak DC-30W-TOUCH DC5V 3A to power a Singxer SU1 and that didn't fare well against the HDPlex and Keces. I thought it was odd that when I would power that LPS on/off the voltage would climb/fall slowly like a variac. I wasn't sure if that was normal so I decided to only operated the power switch while it was disconnected from stuff.

May 29, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #1,376 of 5,348
is the USB C required for operation, or can it draw all it's power from ethernet?

BTW
I had the TeraDak DC-30W-TOUCH DC5V 3A to power a Singxer SU1 and that didn't fare well against the HDPlex and Keces. I thought it was odd that when I would power that LPS on/off the voltage would climb/fall slowly like a variac. I wasn't sure if that was normal so I decided to only operated the power switch while it was disconnected from stuff.

Have you or anyone used any good ebay power supply? Like the one from queensland?

May 30, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #1,378 of 5,348
Got my DI-20 replacement unit today! Already sounding better than the first as the leanness is not there!
So, how did you know or suspect your initial unit was bad? Just because it sounded lean??
I am asking, because when I finally get one - if I do not like the sound, how do I know whether it is just not to my preference / taste, or maybe it is broken / bad?!

May 30, 2020 at 3:17 PM Post #1,379 of 5,348
So, how did you know or suspect your initial unit was bad? Just because it sounded lean??
I am asking, because when I finally get one - if I do not like the sound, how do I know whether it is just not to my preference / taste, or maybe it is broken / bad?!

Interesting, I think most units during the early days before the 2nd firmware update, sounded bad. Until at least after 300 hrs of burn in before the sound improves. Mine needs over 1000 hrs before it fully developed. You may be lucky that you received a fully burn in unit, or the firmware update may have changed it.

May 30, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #1,380 of 5,348
Hey guys so I posted on audiophilestyle asking about using a DDC after a lumin streamer (since I was thinking of doing lumin u1 mini -> DI20HE). The developer at lumin says he doesn't recommend amanero based DDC but only XMOS. So thus not recommending DI20. Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back