Poweroff di20he
Connect usb blaster to upgrade port on di20he and other end to pc usb
Poweron di20he
Flash firmware using quartus software
Poweroff di20he
Disconnect usb blaster from di20he and pc usb
Power on di20he
Enjoy

New firmware sounds very different than original one, more resolution, more space, more separation. Its like my equipment has changed. This is insane, my system cannot handle resolution, reverted now to original. Will try back after few days :deadhorse:

Kingwa is making us experience a new sound every couple of months with frmware updates, and then poor people like me who take a couple of momths to adjust to new sound and then.... vicious cycle

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #1,023 of 5,343
oh, me want some

would love to hear somebody try to flash over USB with the red button

AFAIK red button is for amanero interface, dont press for more than 1 sec while di20 is on, otherwise the current amnaero firmware will get erased and you would need to flash again.

USB blaster is needed to update di20 firmware.

Mar 25, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #1,025 of 5,343
Does anyone compare the new firmware and old firmware of DI-20/DI-20HE paired with an audio-gd headphone amp through ACSS?

When I connected a C-2 amp through ACSS to my audio-gd Ref-5 and paired with DI-20 in the month I received DI-20(of cause with the original firmware), the resolution and separation were lifted to a very high level comparing to the traditional RCA connection between Ref-5 and amps.

Mar 25, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #1,026 of 5,343
THIS is what the Amber3's USB input sounded like.
It's like someone cracked open my DI and removed jumpers "homogeneous" and "congealed".
My dynamics increased at least 1 or 2dBs. If your heavy on the silver you may need to dial it back to enjoy this.
Brutal separation and delineation. There's 6ft social distancing between performers.
Lots of speed and air. I'm still in NOS mode but I'm hearing the strengths of OS.
I don't recall a FW change ever being this profound on the r2r7. Where the hell is @FredA?

Mar 26, 2020 at 6:01 AM Post #1,028 of 5,343
THIS is what the Amber3's USB input sounded like.
It's like someone cracked open my DI and removed jumpers "homogeneous" and "congealed".
My dynamics increased at least 1 or 2dBs. If your heavy on the silver you may need to dial it back to enjoy this.
Brutal separation and delineation. There's 6ft social distancing between performers.
Lots of speed and air. I'm still in NOS mode but I'm hearing the strengths of OS.
I don't recall a FW change ever being this profound on the r2r7. Where the hell is @FredA?
I am here, Victor. You are refering to the new di20 fw? I have been beta-testing it for the last 10 days.

This 3.9 fw mostly helps with the external clock input. Some users were experiencing glitches every 3 min, with all outputs and settings (parallel/serial), except serial/i2s The good new is the glitches were totally cured. I get a sound quality upgrade using the serial mode. I now prefer serial to parallel. The spdif outs are also better than they were. I mostly tried with the external clock and did little testing with the internal.

As for the external clock, i can't go without one because it raises resolution and bass extension even more. I just have a cheap modded ocxo i purchased on ebay.

I always applied social distancing to my gears and speakers: there are always in good shape. But i won't give them THE cure, it could change them forever.

@newabc yes. But I can't talk much about the internal clocks and a possible upgrade with them as i always use the external.

And about using the acss out on the ref5, it should be a very clear upgrade. Today, the rca and xlr outs have less of a gap with acss. But acss is alway clearly on top and worth favoring.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #1,030 of 5,343
In fact, i think the new fw sounds better resolved in parallel mode, it is amazing the level of details. But there is some more sub-bass in serial mode so all in all i favor it. But again the clarity of the parallel mode is outstanding. Perhaps i would need to use a rounder sounding cable with it.

Mar 26, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #1,031 of 5,343
The new 3.9 firmware fixes my long running issue of external 10M clock playing back correctly in the DI20's parallel data mode. I still like serial mode but gives me the option of trying parallel mode without worry.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #1,032 of 5,343
The di20 had only one real issue as far as i was concerned, namely with the 10Mhz clock input. Now it is without issue beside a slight humming noise with the he version, but all in all, it is a fantastic product, sort of the turntable of the digital interfaces. It is so good, i can safely say the talk of the hour is not real compared to what comes out of the di-20. Cause to make it real, you have to sincerely make it as such with all the truthfulness and honesty God has given you. That is exactly what my friend Kingwa did, for those who still enjoy old values like these. Be all truth seekers blessed, with a great mention to Kingwa for paving the way. Amen.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #1,034 of 5,343
That’s true! I have to mention again. The DI-20HE is the best digital transport I have so far.
Since I own the DI-20HE, I saved money from selling my Aurender N10, dCS NB, Naim Uniti Core and not to mention the Singxers, Gustards....etc. I have the upgrade and get some money back, this is the best scenario of playing Hifi.

Thanks to KingWa to offer us some incredible audio equipment at a reasonable price.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back