Audio-GD DI-20
Jan 11, 2020 at 10:36 PM Post #633 of 5,348
Awesome. Looking forward to your report.

Jan 11, 2020 at 10:59 PM Post #634 of 5,348
Again, the BJC belden series fe 0.3m is quite amazing. This cable makes my setup sing like never before. Just a great overall performance. No weak point i can identify so far. Five words: rich, smooth, clear, tight and crisp. Fantastic bass.

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #636 of 5,348
Again, the BJC belden series fe 0.3m is quite amazing. This cable makes my setup sing like never before. Just a great overall performance. No weak point i can identify so far. Five words: rich, smooth, clear, tight and crisp. Fantastic bass.

Hi Fred.
Im sorry, Ive got lost.
Is the Bluejeans cables Belden Series fe an HDMI/I2S cable?
If so, do you prefer it over your AES/EBU cable between your DI-20HE and R7-HE?

Jan 12, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #637 of 5,348
I figured out how to attach usb board into my pc. I can use riser for pci-e 2.0 x1 slot which works through southbringe. This will not affect on videocards or ssd.
According to my ideas of ultimate usb transport usb board must must meet this requirements
- best possible ocxo
- galvanic isolation from pc motherboard
- separate power for usb chip
- separate power for ocxo. not ot take over the noise from usb chip.
who knows anything like that?

after usb board I will have 2.5 meters usb cable
and I want to reclock usb once more before di-20he by iso regen or sotm usb ultra
I plan to use external 10mhz clock. in that case sotm usb ultra looks better as it have 10mhz input. but its price is awful

Jan 12, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #639 of 5,348
I can use riser for pci-e 2.0 x1 slot
Those NVMe ports a precious -- I use both on my server. Your mobo has 3?
I knew people used PCIe to NVMe adapters -- I didn't know I could buy a rizer to go the other way.

I plan to use external 10mhz clock
People are saying external clocks will only behave when using serial data processing out to I2S.
For those with external clocks we can only hope this can be addressed with an FPGA update.
It'll be interesting to see if that "update port switch" allows us to flash over USB, or if we'll still need to use one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/ALTERA-Blaster-ByteBlaster-Download-Debugger/dp/B00UVM2AQ4
I dunno, the pinkfaun i2s path is sounding awfully good right now.

I haven't done any a to b comparison yet
me2 -- I don't know what I'm waiting for

Jan 12, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #640 of 5,348
Thanks, now you've gotten me interested in Starlight but I'm having a hard time finding them in 0.3m, they seem to have discontinued it.

Yup, it's discontinued unfortunately. Hard to find similar specs (23AWG, silver plated) without the price going sky high.

wireworld hdmi archive.jpg

Jan 12, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #642 of 5,348
People are saying external clocks will only behave when using serial data processing out to I2S.
For those with external clocks we can only hope this can be addressed with an FPGA update.
It'll be interesting to see if that "update port switch" allows us to flash over USB, or if we'll still need to use one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/ALTERA-Blaster-ByteBlaster-Download-
No everyone has this issue. The ocxo could be causing problems, i have another coming in within the next weeks. We'll see.

The blaster you use for your r2r 7 will do. I kept mine so i am good to go.

Jan 12, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #643 of 5,348
My DI20HE is still breaking in (5 weeks). I2S, SPDIF, and AES/EBU sound better each time I revisit. Last week it was AES/EBU and how well it compared to SPDIF. Went back to I2S today and sounds excellent with my WW Silver Starlight 6 (0.3m). Very clear and open. I ordered Fred's HDMI cable today to compare. Internal oscillators are sounding better each week! My 2nd OCXO should be here in the coming week.

The sound quality of the DI20HE is just awesome with the internal Accusilicon oscillators and parallel data processing. Will be nice to compare to external so I can choose what I like.

Jan 12, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #644 of 5,348
On the di20he I just swapped a DIY power cable for a friend's Triode Lab cable. I think its the Twelve Plus American Series, so it's not even the version for digital. I don't recall ever owning anything that reacted this much to a power cord.

Jan 12, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #645 of 5,348
On the di20he I just swapped a DIY power cable for a friend's Triode Lab cable. I think its the Twelve Plus American Series, so it's not even the version for digital. I don't recall ever owning anything that reacted this much to a power cord.

I just did the same thing. I was using a $8.00 14awg power chord I got on amazon- the thickest regular power chord I could find and replaced it with my Harmonix $1,500 audiophile power chord. I found there to be a small difference- a bit more transparent perhaps- but I prefer the $8.00 chord as it seems meatier....

Using a pure silver USB cable without a power line on the other hand to my ears has a GIGANTIC effect on the sound vs. a cheap $5 USB cable.

This is a fun hobby...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back