Audio-GD DI-20
Dec 5, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #226 of 5,343
Can anyone share thier approximate shipping notification/times from the date they sent payment? My order for the DI20HE was placed on Nov. 29th and other than a confirmation, at my urging, of receipt of order...I have not heard or received any updates. Thanks for your replies.

I placed my order last week on a DI-20 (regular, non HE) and Kingwa told me it should be shipped at the end of this week, or beginning of the next. They are burning the unit.

May be the HE versions could take longer depending on stock units they have. I think they were overcomed by the demand.

They have always respond very quickly to my requests by email.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #227 of 5,343
I ordered on 31/10 from AGD's local distributor. Received this past Tuesday, so just over a month for the DI-20HE. Kingwa informed us ETA 4 weeks when order was placed, so pretty much on time.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #229 of 5,343
Can anyone share thier approximate shipping notification/times from the date they sent payment? My order for the DI20HE was placed on Nov. 29th and other than a confirmation, at my urging, of receipt of order...I have not heard or received any updates. Thanks for your replies.
Audio GD updated the online shipping log. It looks the HE is far outselling the standard DI-20. So Kingwa may be trying to catch up. My HE order is taking one month to complete.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Shipment.htm

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #230 of 5,343
Audio GD updated the online shipping log. It looks the HE is far outselling the standard DI-20. So Kingwa may be trying to catch up. My HE order is taking one month to complete.
http://www.audio-gd.com/Shipment.htm

It's mostly the Chinese market. They must have already done all the comparisons. I wonder what site they review on? I'm away this weekend but I'll be checking my phone often for DACLadder's day 1,2,3 impressions.

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #231 of 5,343
Thanks for the reply and the info. I assumed the rule was the same for BNC but i wasnt sure. I agree that audio sensibility cables are fantastic especially considering their price. All my power cables, interconnects and USB cables in both my headphone setup and speaker setup are Audio Sensibility. I went with OCC Copper statement for all my interconnects and power cables, but OCC Silver statement for the USB cables. I even had Audio Sensibility make me OCC Copper ACSS cables for between my R1 and Master 9 in my headphone setup. (wanted copper to maintain warmth with my headphones)

I actually own a 1m Statement RCA Coaxial cable that sounds great that I purchased for connecting my Marantz CD6005 to my R2R-7 (now connected to DI-20) (note I purchased this cable before I knew the 1.5m rule)

I have been very happy with the HDMI I2S from DI-20 to R2R-7 and it does native DSD perfect so im doubtful I will invest in a nice BNC cable unless other people find it significantly better than I2S as I want to maintain native DSD.

Thank you for the info! I'm glad to hear someone else having great success with Audio Sensibility cables. I was hoping to save up for a DAC with IIS input, but the DI-20 has me thoroughly intrigued, especially if the BNC out is about on par with the IIS out, which early indications seem to say is the case. I finally got my U16 working great with my simple-use scenario (100% PCM files <= 24/192, BNC out) but the DI-20 opens up more options in the future for SQ and stability should I wish to start exploring DSD and IIS DACs. These darn peeps have just gotta stop making great hardware - my wallet can't keep up!

Dec 5, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #232 of 5,343
It's mostly the Chinese market. They must have already done all the comparisons. I wonder what site they review on? I'm away this weekend but I'll be checking my phone often for DACLadder's day 1,2,3 impressions.

The HE orders are probably from fans on AGD's Chinese language forum... http://bbs.audio-gd.com/index.asp?boardid=2

FredA receives his HE tomorrow as well! From reports the DI-20 may take a month to sound its best. But I will certainly give my impressions.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 4:17 PM Post #234 of 5,343
Can someone explain to me what "ACSS" means???

I understand that this converter has usb input and coax or spdif output- but what is the ACSS part?

Also- does my dac need to have a special "ACSS" input to benefit from this transport is is a regular bnc input on my dac fine?

Dec 5, 2019 at 4:45 PM Post #235 of 5,343
Can someone explain to me what "ACSS" means???

I understand that this converter has usb input and coax or spdif output- but what is the ACSS part?

Also- does my dac need to have a special "ACSS" input to benefit from this transport is is a regular bnc input on my dac fine?

Kingwa said the SPDIF acss output is compatible with most of the DACs. Now I am using a BNC-BNC cable to connect SPDIF acss of DI-20 and SPDIF coaxial input of my DAC.

Dec 5, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #237 of 5,343
If you're wondering why Fred isn't posting it's because he was put in a medical induced comma until the package arrives.

It's a new shipping option on DHL's site where you can sign for your package online.
That's a real good one! Can't stop laughing! Especially since my delivery was postponed by one day, which means, fingers crossed, i should get it tomorrow. :)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #238 of 5,343
1.5m coax rule? If a longer cable sounds better then you may not have matched impedances - source, connectors, cable, load. The 1.5m rule is just a bandage where impedance mismatch causes signal reflections at the load to not mix and distort the incoming waveform rise/fall time. A longer cable moves the mismatch reflections out in time to not interfere with the incoming wave. But a longer cable also has more attenuation and smears (slows) risetime of the wave and causing more jitter.

I've seen examples where a longer cable helped uncontrolled impedance interfaces like TTL I2S. I think Steve at Empircal Audio sold "tuned" cables that improved TTL I2S. But if you match impedances all power is absorbed by the load and no reflections.

Here's an example of what signal reflections do to nice square waves from the transmitter.

I like BNC connections as you get true characteristic impedance. RCA connectors can be anything. 50 ohm BNC connectors and cables have more dielectric material (white plastic) than 75 ohm. See the pic below... You will notice the DI-20 BNCs have the proper impedance characteristics (75 ohm SPDIF, 50 ohm CLK out, 10Mhz in).

Thanks for this very informative post. I was wondering why the BNC clock connector looked different that the spdif BNC connector on my DI-20. Now I know..

Dec 8, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #240 of 5,343
The Gustard U16 uses a 50 ohm BNC connector for its S/PDIF output (75 ohm). Both S/PDIF out and 10M Clk in have the same 50 ohm connector type. Attention to detail drives me crazy sometimes.

U16_backpanel.JPG

The DI-20 HE is 40 miles away and hopefully delivered tomorrow. I forgot it was Black Friday shipping week. No wonder shipments are slow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back