1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audio-GD DI-20

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by soundlogic, Oct 29, 2019.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last
  1. PLGA
    Hello Jimmy
    I didn't know there were old Audio-GD DDC!

How are they compared to the U16?

I guess the U16 must be better as you have two of them and you've sold the SU1.

2. DACLadder
    @jimmychan Ha-ha! Yes, those all belong in the DDC museum. I'll even throw in a USB32 adapter board! Another DDC I never tried was the Audiobyte Hydra Z.

How is your DI-20 HE working out? I'm hoping to receive mine by end of week. I should sell my SU-6 as well. I read the other day that the super caps don't necessarily have a long lifespan.

It is funny but the U16 works for so many people. Disaster for me with Allo Usbridge, Aurender, and PC.

3. FredA
    "Sunshine" is music to my ears...

4. Wynnytsky
    yes the U16 is trouble free for me included
    But while my LPS'd SU1 can over-commit and need more taming, I found the U16 more likely to error on the side of being too conservative.

Looking back I would think the Keces could have saved the Hydra Z, but it was horrible with a 1st get HDPlex and I was fortunate to sell in hours.

My best sound continues to be an Asus Essence STX II PCIx card sending analog into an integrated Crown D60 (cirque 1970) sending 30wpc into 3" Fostex FE83-SOL full range drivers in a rear loaded horn cab.
    Whenever I'm tempted to stack higher I get my reality check listening to that.

5. FredA
    WTH? A 300$ sound card? Really?

6. Currawong Contributor
    If you want to go full-heresy mode, you could try comparing with an optical input using a high-quality cable, such as from Sysconcepts.

7. FredA
    To each his own preferences, who am i to judge. I am just a guy who knows next to nothing. But i will keep my big setup now that i have it. :)

8. Wynnytsky
    If I was a little more curious and a little less lazy I'd drag both sources into one room to make the comparison.

And yes, the Pink Faun is a terrific rip off given that it doesn't have a DAC or power supply. It looks like a 115k modem or an ethernet card. They now cover the chip with a heat sink or rub it black, but old photos show it's the same Oxygen chip used by my previous favorite sound card, the HT Omega Claro Halo. The DACs in these sound cards can't be anything special, so maybe there's some aspect of USB my ears struggle with.

I promise this is my last off-topic topic. Today I stuck one of these on the left and immediately ordered a second. It actually took bite off the highs w/o reducing the volume - like I solved a problem I didn't know I had.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0798S3DV8
    upload_2019-12-2_22-51-2.png

Currawong and CJG888 like this.
  9. FredA
    Nice. My brother in law has acoustics panels that cover the whole back wall and on front part of the sides to prevent primary reflections. He gets a splendid soundstage and a great tonal balance.

10. JaMo
    @Wynnytsky Nice. I like the snow shovel inside the house : )

11. UsoppNoKami
    After enjoying the Singxer SU-6's small size , the R1-sized case of the DI-20HE was a bit of a shock haha.

IMG_20191203_220314.jpg

R7HE is hooked up via 0.3m Wireworld Starlight 8 HDMI cable, will burn in the Acusilicons in the DI-20HE first before trying out the 10Mhz clock or doing any comparisons with the SU-6.

I'm hearing pops on sample rate changes fresh out of the box, but Roon somehow seems to do that a bit more than Foobar for me on my system anyway... let's see how it goes as it burns in. Fun times ahead :)

Turdski, motberg and FredA like this.
  12. PLGA
    Nice set up!

Let us know your impressions on the DI-20HE after some burning time.

On the other hand, I see you have Q Acoustics bookshelf speakers. How do you like them? I've had their Concept 40 and now I have their flagship, the Concept 500. Both outstanding speakers for the money. The 500 are very special.

13. UsoppNoKami
    the QA 3020i are hooked up to my Sansui AU-7700, i only use it for background music. I have B&W 707 S2 in the living room, live in an apartment so can't run big floor standers without getting noise complaints.

PLGA likes this.
  14. rsbrsvp
    Is this product better than the SOTM USB-TX Ultra?

I have one and it BLOWS away the Regen ISO which I also own.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 4:06 AM
  15. FredA
    Looking
    It is a different product, the usb-tx is a usb reclocker, the di20 is a usb to spdif converter. The two can be used together. And with the same 10M clock reference if your sotm unit has the option. Something to try.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 5:47 AM
    motberg likes this.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16
Next

Last