Audio-GD DAC Loan for Testing?
Feb 25, 2011 at 1:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5
It seems every 3rd post in this forum has "Audio-GD" in the title. So I am curious if anyone would like to send me their Audio-GD DAC for professional testing? Or perhaps Audio-GD can send me a DAC intended for a USA customer, I will carefully test it, and then send it on to whoever purchased it at my expense? I am especially interested in the lower priced Audio-GD DACs.

And if there is already some good independent testing of Audio-GD products somewhere (not just RMAA results), please provide the link so I can check them out?

Surely there must be some Audio-GD owner here who's curious how the Audio-GD products really compares to some of their competition? I can provide a direct comparison with the NuForce uDAC-2 at the low end, and the Benchmark DAC1 Pre at the high end.

Feb 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #2 of 5
I think it will be diffcult with this "Mutual Admiration Society" 
beerchug.gif

I wrote to Kingwa about your thread - maybe he answer you 
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 5
Already happening for the very reasons you mention, though there hasn't been any testing beyond listening comparisons: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/506715/audio-gd-reference-7-loaner-program-usa

Currently the DAC is heading to eventually land in California (it started in NY) after which I'll see if there is any interest in a second run.

Feb 26, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #5 of 5
I can send you my sparrow. Do you want the cs8416 and ad1852 modules too? CS8416 sounds warm, ad1852 has emphasized highs. I have an older sparrow model so if you want to use these modules, you have to use them together, since my wm8741 and dir9001 modules have a wire going between them. Unless you unsolder the wire :p. Pm me with shipping address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back