Audio-gd DAC 19 (MKIV)
Apr 9, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #106 of 155
Oh btw, any chance of a pic with your MS Pro on top of it for size comparison? I own HF-2 so I know how small Grados are. It'd be great to see how big it is compared to my Zero (lol at the irony). Thanks
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #107 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh btw, any chance of a pic with your MS Pro on top of it for size comparison? I own HF-2 so I know how small Grados are. It'd be great to see how big it is compared to my Zero (lol at the irony). Thanks
biggrin.gif

sure pm me your email and I will send a picture tonight.

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:19 PM Post #108 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm. Did you write a review on any? I need to read some more reviews. It would be good to hear the DAC-19 compared to the DAC-3SE. I wonder which will have more detail and body? Better synergy with Grado's (and Beyerdynamic if possible).

The DAC19DSP and the DAC-3SE weren't built with the same goals in mind. According to the description on Audio-gd's website the DAC19DSP falls on the neutral category and the DAC-3SE falls on the musical category.

I used to have the dac19mk3 and it had 2 "flavors":
With the PMD100 the sound was warm with a beautiful timber.
With the DF1704 the sound was fast and analytical.

According to Kingwa, the dac19DSP is dead neutral. I should receive either tomorrow or Monday I think. I am planning to write a review on it once I get enough hours on it.

Apr 9, 2010 at 4:21 PM Post #109 of 155
-.- I guess I should go for the DAC-19 DSP then
tongue.gif
We will see what I end up getting when I get the money
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #110 of 155
Just ordered me a DAC-19 DSP, will be replacing my usb hotaudio bitperfect feeding my X-Can V8..
biggrin.gif

Took me a long time to decide between the Audio-Gd and the Meier's StageDac..

The comment on piano- and violin did it eventually for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Cant wait..(but have to)

Apr 16, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #112 of 155
Have a DAC-19 DSP mk4 on the way now, intending on using it with my speaker setup (soliloquy 6.5's on a modded musical fidelity A5) but will also check it out on the HD600's with modded x-can v2's...

currently using an HT claro and waveterminal 192x card as computer sources, so i'm expecting some awesomeness.

will report back
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #113 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by ittech /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have a DAC-19 DSP mk4 on the way now, intending on using it with my speaker setup (soliloquy 6.5's on a modded musical fidelity A5) but will also check it out on the HD600's with modded x-can v2's...

currently using an HT claro and waveterminal 192x card as computer sources, so i'm expecting some awesomeness.

will report back
smily_headphones1.gif

I went from a HT Omega Claro+ to Dac19DSP about a week ago, and even with Logitech 2300, you could immediately tell that the Claro+ is too bright and not very extended in the bass.

The DAC19 was a stupendous upgrade. I'm very happy w/ it.

Apr 22, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #115 of 155
Listening to my Dac19 dsp with wadia170 and X-Can-V8.. I like this Dac better then my Grace M902, which I liked a lot..

The detail and bass is absolutely stunning! Does wonderful on my Marantz amp and Usher speakers, very clear, transparant and great bass
biggrin.gif

I love this DAC

Apr 22, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #117 of 155
Quote:

Originally Posted by bannani /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own for one week this awesome piece of art the DAC 19DSP
tongue_smile.gif

Can someone explain what is the aim of the dip that you can find on the DSP1 card?
Thanks

http://currawong.net/head-fi/DSP_settings.html

currawong posted this in the ref1 thread a long time ago, but i believe that it would apply just the same to your dac as well, since its the same dsp-1
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:43 AM Post #118 of 155
My DAC-19DSP is starting to really sing now that it has about 70 hours on it. I listen to mainly R&B...voices are starting to develop body, depth, realism.....becoming very believable.

I thought it sounded good out of the box but now I understand what Kingwa was telling me. He told me to give it the recommended burn in period before making judgements.

I am starting to regret purchasing the DAC-3SE, think I should have waited until I had put on the recommended hours on it first. Oh well....

Apr 27, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #119 of 155
If you have no problems wasting power, leave on the dac19dsp for ten days straight. You probably won't regret the 3SE, if it's as musical as compass+moon hdam I think you will appreciate it simply because of how it contrasts with dac19.

Apr 27, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #120 of 155
I hate leaving equipment on when I am not at home. Thats why I only have 70 hours of real play time on it.

I have the P-2 Pre-Amplifier along with the 6 voltage modules. They all can change the flavour of the sound, adding warmth, chaning dynamics, etc. but I found they could not bring life to the voices in the recordings. The burn in period has really enhanced this area!!

I am really starting to enjoy my setup...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back