Audio Cubes - Disappointed
Feb 16, 2006 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Spaceage

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to share this with those of you who may be ordering headphones soon.

I ordered some headphones on January 25th from Audio Cubes. After I made the order I was told that it would take 6-7 before shipment. After 8 days I emailed them and asked when the item would be shipping. After waiting 3 days for a response I was told that the item was not in stock and would be in another 7 days.

Now, the item has been listed as shipping within 1-3 days on its page the entire time since my order. I hate this form of false advertising, as I would have just made the order with someone else. Well, the extra 7 days have come and gone and my order has not been updated and I have not been contacted. Needless to say I am very disappointed.

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 18
Weird.. Said 3-5 days for me, shipped out in 12 hours or so
confused.gif

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 18
I've dealt with audiocubes many times before and never had a problem. Good luck to you!!

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #4 of 18
Similar experience so far for me, order said 2-3 days, been in pending for 10 days
frown.gif
Mailed but no reply
frown.gif
They have taken the money so nothing I can do
frown.gif
So have they said when yours will be delivered m8? what are you ordering - I got Stax SR-001 and power adapter and Japan > Europe voltage wotsit.

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #6 of 18
I've emailed them and had a pretty fast response, ordered a pair of eggos and they arrived in six days (osaka to UK).

A chap in work has also ordered a pair, they were shipped three days after the order was placed.

Perhaps they are having issues locating the item you ordered, and have just been lazy by not updating the website - Sorry about your wait.

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #7 of 18
You can rest assured Audiocubes will deliver. Remember they are located in N.E. and rely on shipment from Japan.
While I received my 'phones a bit later than anticipated - they DO arrive in as timely manner as they can arrange. Go to a pub. with the lady de Jour and have a couple of brews (or Cognac ). All will be well.

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:32 PM Post #8 of 18
I paid by debit card (yeah I know - should have got a credit card ages ago to protect myself
smily_headphones1.gif
- had bad experiences in the past tho!)

I do have faith and am sure that audiocubes will deliver, I just want my Stax
smily_headphones1.gif

You say they ship from N.E., sorry what does N.E. stand for?

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #9 of 18
Six orders between me and a friend from Audiocubes and it always took about 2 weeks to get to us (Canada).

They always shipped within 2 or so days and was available for tracking through EMS within 24 hours of the updated order status.

The shipping process was slow (1.5) weeks but EMS and our local reciever (Purolator or Canadapost) always had a good clue as to what was going on.

Needless to say I will vouch that Audiocubes gets it done, I suggest the beer and waiting game as well
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0rk
You say they ship from N.E., sorry what does N.E. stand for?

Items from Audiocubes are shipped directly from Japan, but their office is located in Massachusetts, which is one of the states in the New England (N.E.) region of US.

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #12 of 18
Just a couple weeks ago ordered some Audio Technica ATH-A900's from Audiocubes, 1st time I ordered from them. I Ordered them on a Saturday afternoon, and by Friday I had them in Maine from Japan. I have nothing but good things to say about the transaction.
biggrin.gif
Love the phones.
biggrin.gif

Sorry they have not worked as well for you.
frown.gif

Feb 16, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #13 of 18
I bought my A900LTDs from them and it went flawlessly, no problems at all for me. I would gladly buy from them again.

Feb 16, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #14 of 18
If it is any solace to you I ordered (first) a pair of Eggos and they arrived a day early. Unfortunately sometimes estimated shipping and delivery dates are not connected real-time to inventory.

For me the very sad part (needlessly sad) for me is they should have contacted you proactively vs. waiting for you to contact them. Headphone and Amazon and others do contact you ahead if shipping will be delayed.

Still I would rest assured your package will arrive.

Feb 16, 2006 at 9:55 PM Post #15 of 18
Sorry to hear that your experience with Audiocubes wasn't so great. I've dealt with them on many occassions and on all occassions the transaction went smoothly. Kohn even replied to all my emails promptly, he is also a member here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back