Audeze
Apr 23, 2013 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

inasafeplace

100+ Head-Fier
Why is everyone selling their Audeze headphones. Is it that they regret their purchase? There are currently 10s of LCDs for sale... wow...

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #3 of 8
I don't see 10s on the sale list. I think because they have been out for a while, they may want to sell them to try other high end gear. They hold their value and are a good chunk of money that could be put to a new headphone they want to try. Also the new closed back version is in development. Maybe they are selling them now to get the funds for the closed back version of the LCDs.
size]

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #4 of 8
Many head-fiers sell just to try out new stuff... They get bored with what they have or hope for something better to come

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 8
Look at how many Audezes LCD 1 and 2 are being sold in the FS section. Try to find other headphones being sold as much apart from the DT880 and the HD650, you won't find. Also, these are not mass market headphones, so you'd think that for 1 LCD sold there are 100 HD650 sold. Do half Audezes headphones bought by customers end up being sold on head-fi?

Apr 23, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
For one, the comfort is probably make or break for a lot of people.

That, I personally felt that they are underdesigned for the price, plus with the recent spike (re-spike) of interest to HD800 they seem to fall out of favor.
Still great phones with quite unique signature, one day I'll probably own them again, if Audeze does something with ergonomic.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #7 of 8
Upgradeitis, that's the reason. 

I've seen some guys wanting to try some Stax, or buying more expensive headphone amps/dacs. 

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
Look at how many Audezes LCD 1 and 2 are being sold in the FS section. Try to find other headphones being sold as much apart from the DT880 and the HD650, you won't find. Also, these are not mass market headphones, so you'd think that for 1 LCD sold there are 100 HD650 sold. Do half Audezes headphones bought by customers end up being sold on head-fi?

That logic might apply elsewhere, but I even doubt that.  Both the HD650 and especially LCD2 are esoteric to the general consumer.

I bet on head-fi it's probably more like a 3-5:1 ratio for HD650 to LCD2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back