Audeze SINE Series
Feb 3, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #4,757 of 4,783
Any update on pad recommendations. I’ve looked for some and there’s not many options anymore out there. I did see that eBay link posted about a page ago. Need to finally purchase some pads.
Yes the ebay pads are really good (make sure to get the proper leather version), I got a bunch of other pads from that same manufacturer, it's the real deal. The Vespers are probably very good as well if you want to pay the higher price. I'm not aware of any other leather option for the Sine.

Feb 3, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #4,758 of 4,783
Wow. Hard to believe that these are now so old. Glad some people are still keeping them going.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2024 at 11:19 PM Post #4,759 of 4,783
Yes the ebay pads are really good (make sure to get the proper leather version), I got a bunch of other pads from that same manufacturer, it's the real deal. The Vespers are probably very good as well if you want to pay the higher price. I'm not aware of any other leather option for the Sine.
Great! Are these the same size(on ear) or larger?

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:29 PM Post #4,760 of 4,783
Has any one used leather conditioner on the outside cups and headband? I’m afraid of it drying out and cracking. Also I have a THX ONYX and Hidizs s9 pro dongles I use to power these from the 3.5 cord that came with it. Is it worth using these on a desktop amp such as fiio k11, Fiio k7 or topping dx3 pro. I’m thinking of buying one of these. Any experience using any of these with the Sines? Would it make any difference over the dongles I have?

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:39 PM Post #4,761 of 4,783
Has any one used leather conditioner on the outside cups and headband? I’m afraid of it drying out and cracking. Also I have a THX ONYX and Hidizs s9 pro dongles I use to power these from the 3.5 cord that came with it. Is it worth using these on a desktop amp such as fiio k11, Fiio k7 or topping dx3 pro. I’m thinking of buying one of these. Any experience using any of these with the Sines? Would it make any difference over the dongles I have?
Don't know about the leather conditioning. But trust me these need a ton of power to get proper dynamics out of them. A desktop amp is highly recommended.Dongle dacs may be able to provide loud enough volume; however, the bass may be looser and less impactful, etc.

Feb 3, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #4,762 of 4,783
Has any one used leather conditioner on the outside cups and headband? I’m afraid of it drying out and cracking.

I have the Sine DX and the headband is genuine leather and I use leather conditioner on them with good result. Not sure about the cup cover on the closed version Sine.

Feb 9, 2024 at 10:43 PM Post #4,766 of 4,783
Just one tip if you find the fit a bit tight, try to wear the headphone the other way around (left side on the right ear and vice-versa). The pads fit nicely this way, I get a good level of bass and dynamics.
Thanks, I’m still waiting for them. Looks like they shipped out of China. I’m receiving a Fiio K7 in a few days. Excited to power these with a proper DAC/Amp. I’ve only used them with the Cipher cable and a THX ONYX dongle. They sound good with those but wanted to see what difference more power will make.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #4,767 of 4,783
Thanks, I’m still waiting for them. Looks like they shipped out of China. I’m receiving a Fiio K7 in a few days. Excited to power these with a proper DAC/Amp. I’ve only used them with the Cipher cable and a THX ONYX dongle. They sound good with those but wanted to see what difference more power will make.
I think planars in general sound a bit sterile on the onyx (because of the dac maybe) but I don't think they need as much power as people often say. Sure the Audeze play nicely on my K5 pro but they even sound good off a 30mw USB dongle like the Meizu hifi. You can't go wrong with the K7 anyway, it's always good to have.

Feb 16, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #4,768 of 4,783
Sines sound so much more alive with more power. Loving it with Fiio K7. Got my new sheepskin earpads from eBay, much more comfortable but I think it they may take away from some of the details, sounds more muffled compare to the original earpads. Maybe it’s just me. I’ve a/b it with original ear pads and new using the K7.

Attachments

• IMG_3475.jpeg
    IMG_3475.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Feb 16, 2024 at 7:42 PM Post #4,769 of 4,783
Sines sound so much more alive with more power. Loving it with Fiio K7. Got my new sheepskin earpads from eBay, much more comfortable but I think it they may take away from some of the details, sounds more muffled compare to the original earpads. Maybe it’s just me. I’ve a/b it with original ear pads and new using the K7.
Interesting. I may have to hear the stock pads again for comparison, it's been a while I haven't used them. I would say with both sets of pads the sound quality is depending a lot on the positioning of the headphone. Might be worth playing a bit with the fit (don't forget my trick to wear it reverse). But it's possible the deeper bass gives you that impression of lesser details.

Feb 16, 2024 at 9:39 PM Post #4,770 of 4,783
Interesting. I may have to hear the stock pads again for comparison, it's been a while I haven't used them. I would say with both sets of pads the sound quality is depending a lot on the positioning of the headphone. Might be worth playing a bit with the fit (don't forget my trick to wear it reverse). But it's possible the deeper bass gives you that impression of lesser details.
Thanks. I appreciate your comments, always helpful. I’ll play around with them. The new ones are deeper. I wonder if that affects the highs as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back