Audeze SINE Series
Apr 3, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #4,741 of 4,783
I did the aftermarket pads as well but not those ones.

Anyone has this issue where one ear is a bit louder than the other? My headband's broken as well and need to be DIY'd. Very nice pair of on the go headphones, unfort been through the paces and need of RnR.

Apr 4, 2023 at 8:20 AM Post #4,742 of 4,783
the sines with the aviator pads on the fiio m17 is ace. I thik they love the power

Apr 16, 2023 at 3:46 AM Post #4,743 of 4,783
Anyone here have the new Audeze Maxwell headphone? I wonder how this compares to the Sines. I know one is on ear and over ear. Just wondering.
Don't have them, have significantly auditioned them (3-4+ hours) as an ongoing process to see what Audeze can do at the bottom end of the market. I do have the Sine DX still and had the OG sine. One of the issues with the Maxwell, Penrose and the LCD-1 was the construction. To my ears, the plastic had a resonance and boxiness that the aluminium frame of the Sines didn't. The newer plastic ones are all tuned 'brighter' than the Sines which gives the impression of more detail - probably helps with location spotting in gaming. The Sine DX has a much better bass timbre and while dark still has a very good treble extension. Overall the Sine is just better for music.
The major problem is that they're just not as comfortable as the plastic models (lighter/over-ear, more universal gaming/music)- the clamp is strong and you literally have to get new pads (and occasionally they creak...). Not too mention they're as rare as hen's teeth even on the second hand market. If you want to try this end of the market for Audeze, you may want to wait until June when the MM-100 comes out for $399.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #4,744 of 4,783
I really happy with my new on ear Vesper Audio replacement ear pads for my Audeze Sines. I’ve been using the Sines with my APPJ PA 1502A tube amp and I think they are a perfect combination. See picture over on the APPJ thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/any-opinions-reviews-on-gemtune-appj-pa1502a.780178/post-17513415

But the cable is about to fall apart unfortunately, and I was thinking of getting a Vesper Audio replacement cable - they got four Audeze Sine ones at different levels in the range in their picture gallery. Someone did say on this thread that they thought the lowest of the range was very good, but I wonder whether it’s worth spending - there aren’t any prices for them on the Vesper Audio site that I can find.

Apr 27, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #4,745 of 4,783
I really happy with my new on ear Vesper Audio replacement ear pads for my Audeze Sines. I’ve been using the Sines with my APPJ PA 1502A tube amp and I think they are a perfect combination. See picture over on the APPJ thread:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/any-opinions-reviews-on-gemtune-appj-pa1502a.780178/post-17513415

But the cable is about to fall apart unfortunately, and I was thinking of getting a Vesper Audio replacement cable - they got four Audeze Sine ones at different levels in the range in their picture gallery. Someone did say on this thread that they thought the lowest of the range was very good, but I wonder whether it’s worth spending - there aren’t any prices for them on the Vesper Audio site that I can find.
Yes, the cable I mentioned it's this one:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/audeze-sine-series.793518/page-311#post-16676602

It has pictures to show the profile of the cable connector on the headphones

Apr 27, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #4,746 of 4,783
May 1, 2023 at 11:09 AM Post #4,748 of 4,783
Have you seen better ones?
No, I only know about the Meze ones without right angled 2.5 mm jacks, and the Vesper Audio ones. I would be interested in any other makes of compatible cables, as I don’t think the stock ones that came with my Sines are going to last much longer.

Oct 13, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #4,749 of 4,783
I’m thinking about getting the Sine´s for when I’m on the go, to replace my 99 classics. Right now, I have the 109 pro which are just perfect for me, but since they’re open headphones, they’re not really great for listening to music outside. So, do you think the Sine’s sound is more like the detailed sound of the 109’s or the 99’s in terms of resolution, speed and overall sound quality?

Oct 13, 2023 at 11:20 AM Post #4,750 of 4,783
I’m thinking about getting the Sine´s for when I’m on the go, to replace my 99 classics. Right now, I have the 109 pro which are just perfect for me, but since they’re open headphones, they’re not really great for listening to music outside. So, do you think the Sine’s sound is more like the detailed sound of the 109’s or the 99’s in terms of resolution, speed and overall sound quality?

I have not heard the Meze 109 Pro, but I have heard the Meze 99 Classics and the Sine Closed and I can tell you that almost every sound aspect is improved, except the overall smoothness and maybe tonality from the 99's wooden ear cups. Granted, you do need a decent amp to power the Sine Closed and access to a 3D printer to print some Sine over-ear adapters to use larger ear pads, but that is about it.

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #4,751 of 4,783

Oct 13, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #4,752 of 4,783
Alas, there is only one model of closed headphones on this earth that sounds decent, and that is the Japanese sony R10, but they are old and expensive. I had two sino copies in stock, back in 2018 when I removed the back covers, the sound of these babies pleased me much more than THEY closed.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #4,753 of 4,783
If you want an outside headphone, ANC is a must. I like the Sines and Meze 99 but a pair of Sony 100XM4's is far more practical as you can use ANC
in both bluetooth and wired mode. The closed back Sines can only be enjoyed if the environment is low noise.

Dec 2, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #4,754 of 4,783

I contacted Vesper Audio about Sine replacement cables and they replied with a list of 10 different kinds of cable. I opted for the second most expensive one which was $220 including shipping - it was one of the ones they had in their photo gallery. I’ve had about 50 hours on the cable now and it is sounding pretty amazing:

IMG_20231202_102757_Original.jpeg

The cable is the same length as the original cable, but with a 6.3 mm plug. The stock cable had a slightly sweet sheen to it, and the Vesper cable is more resolving and more neutral. The main difference is the amazing imaging of the new cable - it is larger and very precise. I have a pair of Audeze LCD3s with Nordost Heimdall 2 cables driven by a PrimaLuna Evo 100 integrated, and I prefer the Audeze Sines because of their imaging and speed. The Sines don’t have quite the extended bass of the Audeze LCD3s, but they are more comfortable and I find them more enjoyable to listen to. The APPJ PA1502A tube amp seems a perfect match.

Dec 2, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #4,755 of 4,783
I contacted Vesper Audio about Sine replacement cables and they replied with a list of 10 different kinds of cable. I opted for the second most expensive one which was $220 including shipping - it was one of the ones they had in their photo gallery. I’ve had about 50 hours on the cable now and it is sounding pretty amazing:

The cable is the same length as the original cable, but with a 6.3 mm plug. The stock cable had a slightly sweet sheen to it, and the Vesper cable is more resolving and more neutral. The main difference is the amazing imaging of the new cable - it is larger and very precise. I have a pair of Audeze LCD3s with Nordost Heimdall 2 cables driven by a PrimaLuna Evo 100 integrated, and I prefer the Audeze Sines because of their imaging and speed. The Sines don’t have quite the extended bass of the Audeze LCD3s, but they are more comfortable and I find them more enjoyable to listen to. The APPJ PA1502A tube amp seems a perfect match.
This conversation has triggered my FOMO. I pulled out my Sine with Vesper overear pads. Wow! I forgot how good they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back