Audeze SINE Series
Mar 10, 2022 at 12:27 AM Post #4,682 of 4,783
Had a custom cable builder crafted a cable using OCC Litz wires for my Sine DX. The new cable brings improved sound layering and treble/bass extensions to the Sine DX. My Sine DX is very close to my LCD-XC in technicalities now, almost like a mini LCD-X. I was using the Meze99 copper cables before.

Sine DX with Litz OCC cable.jpg

Mar 10, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #4,683 of 4,783
So my Vesper Audio pads finally arrived. And what a difference in comfort! I can't say to the sonic differences to the standard pads, but between the clamp and my glasses the SINE were unusable after an hour or so. Extremely enjoyable now. A nice warm laid back sound signature with a tad of sparkle in the treble region, with great passive noise reduction. Sound stage is not that big and vocals are intimate. But what a nice chill headphone. I think I'm good in closed back k for the foreseeable future.
I also have Vesper pads to my Sines and the comfort is so much better. Think these cans deserve to be over ear and properly amplified. My pads are hybrids thoug, would have prefered lambskins and angled. Sine actually sounds amazing of my Burson Soloist 3XP.

Mar 10, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #4,685 of 4,783
Had a custom cable builder crafted a cable using OCC Litz wires for my Sine DX. The new cable brings improved sound layering and treble/bass extensions to the Sine DX. My Sine DX is very close to my LCD-XC in technicalities now, almost like a mini LCD-X. I was using the Meze99 copper cables before.

Something I've been wondering regarding the Sines versus the full-size Audezes... Do you think they have as much dynamics and impact? Overall I like mine better than my full-size planars but mostly because of the superb tuning and intimate soundstage. I wonder in particular if the single-sides magnets limit the dynamics on the Sine. Of course it's also why the headphone is also super light and compact.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #4,686 of 4,783
Something I've been wondering regarding the Sines versus the full-size Audezes... Do you think they have as much dynamics and impact? Overall I like mine better than my full-size planars but mostly because of the superb tuning and intimate soundstage. I wonder in particular if the single-sides magnets limit the dynamics on the Sine. Of course it's also why the headphone is also super light and compact.

I find my Sine DX has similar dynamics as my LCD-XC. My RAD-0 have better dynamic then both.

I think dynamic has to do with magnet flux strength and driver size ratio. The AB1266 has single side magnets but properly have the best dynamics of all planar headphones. One could use single side design but super strong magnets to compensate.

Mar 12, 2022 at 2:55 AM Post #4,687 of 4,783
I dont have any Audezes to compare with now but i owned LCD-XC wood, -3 pre fazor & -2. I think the Sines have great dynamics, especieally with oratory1990s EQ and a high power amp. Comparing to my other planars, Ananda & DC D2C, i sometimes imagine Sine has some of that raw LCD-3 pre fazor feeling.

May 17, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #4,688 of 4,783
I have an offer to trade my Fostex TH600 (lawton modded) for a pair of Audeze Sine modded (around ear).
I own an Xduoo XA10 (4 w balanced), don't own an iphone, would use it at my desk only.
Any thoughts ?
My main is a Fostex TH900.

May 17, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #4,689 of 4,783
I have an offer to trade my Fostex TH600 (lawton modded) for a pair of Audeze Sine modded (around ear).
I own an Xduoo XA10 (4 w balanced), don't own an iphone, would use it at my desk only.
Any thoughts ?
My main is a Fostex TH900.

I just saw a modded SINE go for $140 on the classifieds, and usually they go for less than $250. That's got to be significantly less than what you could get for the TH600 if you just sold it.

May 18, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #4,691 of 4,783
The Sine with aftermarket pads is very nice of you're looking for a balanced headphone with a very accurate sound. It's not a bass monster at all (I haven't heard the TH600 but I know the TH900 was famous for that -personally I didn't like its v-shaped signature).

May 20, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #4,692 of 4,783
I really like the Sine. It’s my first more expensive set of headphones. What is a good next step? I have only tried 2 planar headphones, Sine and Mobius and I liked both. I’ve never tried any other hifi headphones. I have various Koss, but Sine are probably my most originally expensive pair, even though I bought them during Audeze BF sale. I use them with the Cipher and like the sound. I also have Hidizs S9pro and THX Onyx. I like how it sounds with those as well. I only have those 2 Dax/Amps. Any suggestions?

May 21, 2022 at 8:45 AM Post #4,693 of 4,783
I really like the Sine. It’s my first more expensive set of headphones. What is a good next step? I have only tried 2 planar headphones, Sine and Mobius and I liked both. I’ve never tried any other hifi headphones. I have various Koss, but Sine are probably my most originally expensive pair, even though I bought them during Audeze BF sale. I use them with the Cipher and like the sound. I also have Hidizs S9pro and THX Onyx. I like how it sounds with those as well. I only have those 2 Dax/Amps. Any suggestions?
If you really like the sound of the Sine you could get a desktop amp first. It will improve the speed and resolution of the headphone versus the onyx (which I have too). Then you could also get a full-size planar but you will need a desktop amp anyway at some point if you want to hear its full potential. For me the Sine is competent enough technically to deserve a proper desktop amp.

May 21, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #4,694 of 4,783
If you really like the sound of the Sine you could get a desktop amp first. It will improve the speed and resolution of the headphone versus the onyx (which I have too). Then you could also get a full-size planar but you will need a desktop amp anyway at some point if you want to hear its full potential. For me the Sine is competent enough technically to deserve a proper desktop amp.
That's a good suggestion. Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent desktop amp for the SINEs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back