Audeze SINE Series
Aug 10, 2018 at 12:48 AM Post #4,231 of 4,783
Just wanted to chime in that I bought a pair of Sines 3 weeks ago, which I’ve been listening to since, and I’m truly smitten with these headphones. The sound is deep, wide, balanced, and has some very nice and present bass. They’re definitely not bass heavy, but I’m not finding it lacking (as a bit of a bass-head).

So far I’ve run them against an Oppo PM-3 and they were the clear winner. The Oppos, in comparison, were a bit more comfortable but had a high end cutoff that left me feeling like I was missing a lot. They were much darker.

I also ran them against a B&O H9i (which I know is an unfair comparison since the H9i is trying for something else (and succeeds fairly awesomely)) and, in comparison, the H9i was WAY more comfortable but lacked presenting life in the music as well as the clarity of the Sines.

I am incredibly happy with this purchase and am actually finding the fit not as bad as time goes on. It falls behind my old Sennheiser circumnaural cans, but I don’t find it as excruciating as some have described.

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:55 AM Post #4,232 of 4,783
Just wanted to chime in that I bought a pair of Sines 3 weeks ago, which I’ve been listening to since, and I’m truly smitten with these headphones. The sound is deep, wide, balanced, and has some very nice and present bass. They’re definitely not bass heavy, but I’m not finding it lacking (as a bit of a bass-head).

So far I’ve run them against an Oppo PM-3 and they were the clear winner. The Oppos, in comparison, were a bit more comfortable but had a high end cutoff that left me feeling like I was missing a lot. They were much darker.

I also ran them against a B&O H9i (which I know is an unfair comparison since the H9i is trying for something else (and succeeds fairly awesomely)) and, in comparison, the H9i was WAY more comfortable but lacked presenting life in the music as well as the clarity of the Sines.

I am incredibly happy with this purchase and am actually finding the fit not as bad as time goes on. It falls behind my old Sennheiser circumnaural cans, but I don’t find it as excruciating as some have described.
Nice! How do you find it compares to the H6?

Aug 13, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #4,233 of 4,783
Nice! How do you find it compares to the H6?

I didn’t get a chance to do the comparison - B&O has discontinued the H6 so I couldn’t audition a pair in-store. I’m debating making use of Amazon’s generous return policy to audition a pair... but I’ve heard horror stories of people getting locked out of Amazon for such behavior.

Aug 13, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #4,234 of 4,783
I didn’t get a chance to do the comparison - B&O has discontinued the H6 so I couldn’t audition a pair in-store. I’m debating making use of Amazon’s generous return policy to audition a pair... but I’ve heard horror stories of people getting locked out of Amazon for such behavior.
I’ve heard that too, but for people who abuse the system. I honestly would rather sell here though, I did that with my 770’s after 2 months. Only a small loss and they wind up with someone who wants them :) I have the H6, like them a lot but I’m also curious about the PM3...

Aug 17, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #4,235 of 4,783
Hi. I am trying to get used to these headphones, I love how they sound, but I can't get used to the weight because after 5 minutes my head and neck are hurting. Is there any trick in order to make them more "wearable"? Thanks.

Aug 19, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #4,236 of 4,783
Is there a replaceable cable for this anywhere? I hate that flat cable, but love the cans for my gym workout. Plz HALP!!

Aug 19, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #4,237 of 4,783
Aug 19, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #4,238 of 4,783
Aug 19, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #4,239 of 4,783
Last edited:
Aug 20, 2018 at 3:50 AM Post #4,240 of 4,783
We also produce custom cables with L-shaped connectors, designed for sine.
evo_insane_cpl_audeze_sine.jpg

Aug 25, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #4,244 of 4,783
Could you please recommend an "affordable" amp to drive these? I am driving them through the Fiio Q1 MKII and I think that they need more power.

Are you using it single-ended (3.5mm) or balanced (2.5mm)? They should have good enough power on 2.5mm -- this is the combo I have used at work (sine + q1 mk2). With a 3.5mm connection, it's definitely too weak for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back