Audeze SINE Series
May 12, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #4,126 of 4,790
Hey there,
Did someone 2+ Sine ? I did it today with a friend who recently bought one. With the same pads and cable, mine sounded significantly clearer and more sensible (aka louder for the same volume setting). According to the serial numbers, mine seems older. Was there any revision of the Sine ?

May 12, 2018 at 11:28 PM Post #4,127 of 4,790
Does anyone use Fiio Q5 with the sine? Its a little bit expensive but its an all around dac/amp.

For now im using Fiio E10k and i want to make an upgrade on my dac/amp.

I liked Fiio because of the bass boost,already tried audioengine D3 and I didnt like it.

I can accept sugestions...but the dac/amp need to be portable because I use on my laptop and i use him on many places.

I use a Headstage arrow with great results. It opens significantly the sound and brings to life the sines in comparison with some other sources i have. Extremely portable and incredible battery life also. Mine is 4th generation, but at the sale/trade forum is not very difficult to find a unit from any of the 6 generations available for the moment.

May 13, 2018 at 3:25 PM Post #4,128 of 4,790
Hey there,
Did someone 2+ Sine ? I did it today with a friend who recently bought one. With the same pads and cable, mine sounded significantly clearer and more sensible (aka louder for the same volume setting). According to the serial numbers, mine seems older. Was there any revision of the Sine ?
Heard two models, both sounded the same. Both in fairly new condition

May 14, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #4,129 of 4,790
Hey there,
newer built easier to drive.

May 14, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #4,131 of 4,790
Got my new Creative Aurvana Live ear pads finally from China. We have a winner! Sort of...

First impressions after 15 mins.:
Pros:
- They go on quite easily. Just start at the easy end (narrowest part of the triangle) and work your way around. If you haven't done a pad swap out yet (I've done it several times now) your results may vary
- They fit well enough. Slightly stretched out at the narrow triangle end, but that doesn't seem to be a problem
- Same sound. Same thickness as stock pads so no distancing effect like what happens with thicker pads. I cannot detect any difference in sound vs. stock pads
- They are round and just a little more open than stock. They just barely go AROUND my small ears vs. stock pads that go ON my ears
- Because they go AROUND your ears, you can't feel them pressing against your ears like the stock pads. Huge plus there

Cons:
- Big ears could result in ON your ears. Anyone with big ears will be taking a chance with these. Might be same as stock pads for them
- Don't expect super comfort. I have the HD6XX and these pads are nothing like that. Nothing like the Brainwavz either. They are thin like the stock pads, not plush or comfy
- You still get that relatively tight, closed-in feeling (which on the plus side I think shapes the sound - you don't want these headphones to stick out too far, they weren't designed for that, and they won't sound right [hence the poor impressions from Brainwavz type of thick pads])

Bottom line: I think these new pads will reduce the fatigue factor significantly, for a net cost of $12.99. No change in sound. No adapters required. Just don't expect a Porsche to get turned into a Cadillac

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078KTQ2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got my new Creative Aurvana Live ear pads finally from China. We have a winner! Sort of...

First impressions after 15 mins.:
Pros:
- They go on quite easily. Just start at the easy end (narrowest part of the triangle) and work your way around. If you haven't done a pad swap out yet (I've done it several times now) your results may vary
- They fit well enough. Slightly stretched out at the narrow triangle end, but that doesn't seem to be a problem
- Same sound. Same thickness as stock pads so no distancing effect like what happens with thicker pads. I cannot detect any difference in sound vs. stock pads
- They are round and just a little more open than stock. They just barely go AROUND my small ears vs. stock pads that go ON my ears
- Because they go AROUND your ears, you can't feel them pressing against your ears like the stock pads. Huge plus there

Cons:
- Big ears could result in ON your ears. Anyone with big ears will be taking a chance with these. Might be same as stock pads for them
- Don't expect super comfort. I have the HD6XX and these pads are nothing like that. Nothing like the Brainwavz either. They are thin like the stock pads, not plush or comfy
- You still get that relatively tight, closed-in feeling (which on the plus side I think shapes the sound - you don't want these headphones to stick out too far, they weren't designed for that, and they won't sound right [hence the poor impressions from Brainwavz type of thick pads])

Bottom line: I think these new pads will reduce the fatigue factor significantly, for a net cost of $12.99. No change in sound. No adapters required. Just don't expect a Porsche to get turned into a Cadillac

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078KTQ2R4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They look very similar to these which are super cheap. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/112488386029

I wonder why there is a huge price difference for a slightly smaller size

May 14, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #4,132 of 4,790
They look very similar to these which are super cheap. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/112488386029

I wonder why there is a huge price difference for a slightly smaller size
probably not the same material/quality then?
A lot of ebay sellers are selling cheap hm5 pads for instance, but they’re not REAL hm5 pads they just look identical on pictures. In hand, it’s very obvious that the fakes ones use a stiffer pleather and non-memory foam.
Could be the same thing here

May 14, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #4,133 of 4,790
I've not heard a lot about the SINE DX... from browsing the Audeze web site, it looks like it's available already, so I'm puzzled as to the silence on this HP.

May 14, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #4,134 of 4,790
probably not the same material/quality then?
A lot of ebay sellers are selling cheap hm5 pads for instance, but they’re not REAL hm5 pads they just look identical on pictures. In hand, it’s very obvious that the fakes ones use a stiffer pleather and non-memory foam.
Could be the same thing here
The stitching on the back seems to be a giveaway. Meaning possibly the same factory.

May 15, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #4,135 of 4,790
I've not heard a lot about the SINE DX... from browsing the Audeze web site, it looks like it's available already, so I'm puzzled as to the silence on this HP.
I’m not sure they made too many of them.
Anyway, I guess an open-back with a portable form factor just didn’t make too much sense for many people

May 15, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #4,136 of 4,790
I’m not sure they made too many of them.
Anyway, I guess an open-back with a portable form factor just didn’t make too much sense for many people

Maybe it did make sense, just in a truly portable form, their iSINE line? Perhaps they cannibalized their own sales?

May 16, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #4,138 of 4,790

The Sine DX was produced in extremely small quantities. It’s a limited production run headphone. I assume the reason it hasn’t caught on is that the price is high (same price as the LCD2C is a tough sell even if it’s more portable), and from the reviews I’ve seen people tend to prefer the sound of the closed-back Sine.

May 16, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #4,139 of 4,790

I think I remembered the DX being a limited production item. IIRC, I looked into buying one shortly after they came out, only to find them out of stock and seemingly no longer in production. Maybe I'm mistaken and it was a pre-order special though.

It may be like the AEON C and AEON O thing. There was a lot of anticipation and excitement about the C, with a nice pre-order discount. When they came out to stellar reviews, the they got a lot of press. With the Opens, there wasn't that sort of build-up, just a quiet release. While the Open are great in their own right, they didn't seem to generate the same sort of buzz as the original C. They caught the short end of the marketing/psychology stick. The SINE C/DX might have experienced the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back