Audeze SINE Series
Jan 11, 2017 at 6:34 AM Post #3,151 of 4,783
My Vesperaudio pads have been with UK customs since 3rd January :frowning2:

Still getting lots of use out of the Sines with the standard pads though. I put up with the Sennheiser HD-25's legendary discomfort for years before getting after-market pads so in comparison the Sine's aren't too bad.

Jan 11, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #3,152 of 4,783
  My Vesperaudio pads have been with UK customs since 3rd January :frowning2:

Still getting lots of use out of the Sines with the standard pads though. I put up with the Sennheiser HD-25's legendary discomfort for years before getting after-market pads so in comparison the Sine's aren't too bad.

Apparently someone in UK customs has a Sine headphone as well.....

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:15 PM Post #3,153 of 4,783
They arrived 
beerchug.gif

Wasted no time in getting the pads on to the Sines and now I'm really wishing I'd read the suggestions of @Maxx134 and had the inner diameter made larger. These things are mostly still on-ears but with the additional thickness they now clamp more making them more uncomfortable than the stock pads. No issues with the quality or service from Vesperaudio but these aren't 'over ear pads' for anyone with bigger that kinda small ears.

Hoping @inertianinja is still selling adapters!

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #3,154 of 4,783
They arrived :beerchug:

Wasted no time in getting the pads on to the Sines and now I'm really wishing I'd read the suggestions of @Maxx134
 and had the inner diameter made larger. These things are mostly still on-ears but with the additional thickness they now clamp more making them more uncomfortable than the stock pads. No issues with the quality or service from Vesperaudio but these aren't 'over ear pads' for anyone with bigger that kinda small ears.

Hoping @inertianinja
 is still selling adapters!

Got your PM :)

Jan 13, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #3,155 of 4,783
Neither is better.
They are both perform at similar level playing field of quality.
They are both at the top of the heap of portable quality, excluding Oppo & Ultrasones (larger) or AudioTechnica woodies (unique)...

The Hifiman Edition S is equivalent to a portable HD800.

The Audeze Sine is equivalent to a portable Focal Utopia.

I have either owned or had access enough times have determined this.

So, the fact is they are both different personalities and I own and Luv them both.

But you need pad roll to get most out of the Sine.
This is due to the distance those pads give to driver.
I had those pads & they are not optimal.

The 3 pads I test as best offer what you are missing in energy and treble linearity.

So far I am liking the cheapest replacement non-original AudioTechnica pads best,

But I know the expensive Vesperaudio pads would be optimal if you knew what to order.
So far I know the stock foam on my Vesperaudio pads are too full or stiff for me, when the other pads are so softer..
In other words I needed to order memory foam for this headphone.

The original AudioTechnica pads have the most lively sound due to proximity and inner spacious diameter..

Seriuosly, you think the Sine is the equivalent of a portable Focal Utopia? I really have to have a listen to this headphone with my Mojo and see how it performs.

Jan 21, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #3,158 of 4,783
I also thought so!

On the other hand I agree that for the best comfort, they should be bigger. For my ears, they are not completely over-ear as I requested (it's not vesperaudio's fault as they asked me questions about the size and I agreed on the suggested one).

At the end of the day, I found the Sine to be quite bass lacking (quantity. the quality is good) so it's going to my sales list. Any suggestions on a closed back, over ear with clean sound and good bass? I listen at home on a LCD-2 and on the go with a JH Angie IEM. I'm trying to find a portable over ear that I can use on the airplane, bus, office when I don't feel like putting in IEM's. I wear eyeglasses so comfort is also a big plus.

Jan 21, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #3,159 of 4,783
I also thought so!

On the other hand I agree that for the best comfort, they should be bigger. For my ears, they are not completely over-ear as I requested (it's not vesperaudio's fault as they asked me questions about the size and I agreed on the suggested one).

At the end of the day, I found the Sine to be quite bass lacking (quantity. the quality is good) so it's going to my sales list. Any suggestions on a closed back, over ear with clean sound and good bass? I listen at home on a LCD-2 and on the go with a JH Angie IEM. I'm trying to find a portable over ear that I can use on the airplane, bus, office when I don't feel like putting in IEM's. I wear eyeglasses so comfort is also a big plus.

You could do worse than giving the Beyerdynamic DT1770 Pro a listen. A bit big for a protable, but it'll work in that scenario.

If you can tolerate an easy to carry on-ear with excellent isolation then the Beyerdynamic DT1350 would also be a good choice - I actually prefer that to the SINE because of the isolation - similar tonal balance but with bigger bass. However it sounds a bit more closed in than the SINE.

Jan 21, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #3,160 of 4,783
  I also thought so!

sony 7520
i listened to my 7520s aside the sines at a local shop a few weeks
back....sony 7520 have significantly more bass kick... a bit of a mid bass hump.
they're studio cans so still very detailed.

over ear so more comfortable, too....very easy to drive:
used my mojo with both: had to turn the volume up considerably more
on the sines vs the 7520s

Jan 24, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #3,161 of 4,783
Any observations/opinions on the Versper Audio pads with angled memory foam? Will angling them take away from the sound gains already mentioned?

Jan 24, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #3,163 of 4,783
I can speak of the combination of Sine with Mojo driven by Onkyo DP-X1 (especially playing a recording as great as the "Tutti" orchestral sampler)... I can't smile wide enough!

Jan 25, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #3,165 of 4,783
The Sine was my daily driver at work with my Mojo, and they sound very very good together.

Quote:
  Just got these headphones.  I would love to try them with the Mojo. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back