Audeze SINE Series
Jul 20, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #1,921 of 4,783
I don't currently have my pair in quite yet, however I had a simular issue with a previous pair of headphones, I placed a rolled up piece of tissue under the earpads from inside the pads around the circumference , I don't know if the sine pads have that pocket, but what they did on my other earphones was place the inside further away from my ear to prevent them touching.. Just a thought.

James

Hmmm.... I'll have to look into that. 

If they do have a space, I'll probably use some of that non-slip rug pad material instead of tissue.

Thanks!

Jul 21, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #1,924 of 4,783
thicker pads would increase comfort , for sure.  i have same issue  with metal ridges rubing against the ear, really annoying ...
however i feel like simply putting a ticker pads would  alter the sound , it will decrease attack , snappiness and punch of Sine ,it will change bass too...

If changing pads , whole Sine have to be tuned ,in my opinion ...

@JPizzzle 

Imagine Sine with BIGGER sound , wider soundstage with more depth to it, all that extra space of headphone cup would do a lot of inner acoustic and vocals would sound breathtaking , i bet ...
all that with better comfort and I wouldn't mind Sine being less portable or not portable at all ...

El8 was first take at "portable high end" from Audeze ... but Sine is a different beast, i would like it to be " Bigger "

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #1,925 of 4,783
My cipher suddenly ceased to operate yesterday too. At first, a couple times, it said this accessory is not supported. Then it just stopped acknowledging that the cable was even connected at all. I tried it on both my iPhone 6 plus and iPad Air 2. Both of which are updated to the latest iOS version. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Audeze app as well. I'm wondering if it is a software glitch that suddenly appeared, seeing we both ran into the same problem at relatively the same time. I have contacted Audeze support as well. Anybody else out there having Cipher issues? Fingers crossed for an easy fix!

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #1,926 of 4,783
My cipher suddenly ceased to operate yesterday too. At first, a couple times, it said this accessory is not supported. Then it just stopped acknowledging that the cable was even connected at all. I tried it on both my iPhone 6 plus and iPad Air 2. Both of which are updated to the latest iOS version. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Audeze app as well. I'm wondering if it is a software glitch that suddenly appeared, seeing we both ran into the same problem at relatively the same time. I have contacted Audeze support as well. Anybody else out there having Cipher issues? Fingers crossed for an easy fix!

Very strange. It started working sporadically this morning but for how long who knows.

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #1,930 of 4,783
Very strange. It started working sporadically this morning but for how long who knows.

Have you tried cleaning the lightening contact on your iPhone? I did it with a toothpic. A lot of stuff was in there which caused my cipher cable to fail. Now it works perfectly.

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #1,931 of 4,783
Some times, both with iPad Air and iPhone 6 sound coming out of intern speakers instead of headphones, when I use cipher.
Unplugging the cable and plugging it in seems to fix the problem for now...

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #1,933 of 4,783
To answer my own question - I just called Audeze and they said that the cipher cables are not available separately.

Apparently apple hasn't approved it.

They said maybe in a few months. That's fustrating.

All the more reason we need all the non i-device people buying the SINE with the Cipher and then selling the cables on HF! 
beerchug.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #1,934 of 4,783
To be honest, Audeze is for Apple like a spec of dandruff on an Armani's jacket... You simply blow it away.

Jul 23, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #1,935 of 4,783
Audeze is sending me a replacement cipher cable and I'm sending mine back because their enigineers want to take a look at it. So two thumbs up for their customer service :thumbsup_tone5::thumbsup_tone5:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back