Audeze SINE Series
Jun 5, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #1,351 of 4,783
Jun 5, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #1,352 of 4,783
Hi Does anybody has a mod or a replacement earpad ?

has they are, they are so unconfortable, even reducing the claming a lot.

I'm wearing glasses and i can't stand more more than half an hour.

also even with a lotoo paw gold, they are a bit lifeless to my ears, but extremy transparent, i admit.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #1,353 of 4,783
Hello guys.
I need to make a quick decision.
I was offered a massdrop can thx00 by fostex.
If like to know which sounds better the fostex or the audeze sine.
Ill be making a purchase this week.
And this two are the only choices i have.
And i needed to decide quickly :frowning2:

Pls help.

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #1,354 of 4,783
There is no better/worse/winner/loser -- they're both fantastic headphones. You're approaching the decision the wrong way and will just run in circles here.

Instead, think about how you're going to use it (at home/stationary or lots of travel/portability)...what sort of source you're playing from (DAP, laptop, amp/dac, iDevice in case you ever want to spring for Cipher cable) and what sort of music you like (and sound signature you're after)

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:48 PM Post #1,356 of 4,783
There is no better/worse/winner/lose -- they're both fantastic headphones. You're approaching the decision the wrong way and will just run in circles here.

Instead, think about how you're going to use it (at home/stationary or lots of travel/portability)...what sort of source you're playing from (DAP, laptop, amp/dac, iDevice in case you ever want to spring for Cipher cable) and what sort of music you like (and sound signature you're after)

Yeah not enough information was given like at all.

But no doubt is Fostex Tx00 a great headphones. I've read many good things about it. You will have to unscrew a lot of screws to replace headphone cable though. Other than that the wood finish seems very high quality.

If isolation and portability is not of concern either choice would be fantastic. A recommendation is to see if you can try both and return one.

Oh yeah, another good bit others are asking is the cipher cable. Which makes your portability very light.

Jun 5, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #1,357 of 4,783
Since I posted Sine was available for in-store pick up at many New York City Apple Stores, none of them have same day pick up. I've checked some west coast stores, same thing. Funny thing is, they are "in stock" for shipping to home, delivery in 2 days, but delivery to store is "about a week." At the same time, Audeze web site has had "back ordered" message almost a month now. Hmmm.
In order to get into Apple stores Audeze would have to guarantee stock availability within certain limits so they are likely prioritizing Apple stores.

Sounds reasonable but what changed is - before I posted - almost every Apple Store in NYC had "same day" pickup. Odd coincidence I guess but after I posted - none of them have same day pick-up anymore. And ship to store takes "about a week" but home delivery in 2 days. That seems odd. If they can deliver to me in 2 days at home why would it take "about a week" to pick up at store? Odd. I think I should not have posted that info. :mad:

Jun 5, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #1,358 of 4,783
I'm surprised more people haven't shared their Cipher EQ settings. After lots of experimentation, here's where I've settled. I tuned it to sound great when I'm outdoors (and dealing with periphery noise like wind, cars, etc)...but I've gotten so addicted to it I keep it the same indoors too. (although I admittedly don't use my Sine as much indoors, and use my open-backed pair instead)

I've been using Tyll's settings from his review:

I will load your EQ settings as my second preset and compare.

We use it all the time..even for testing internally. It sounds awesome.

Just out of curiosity, do you use the Geek Out V2 for testing? I found it paired very well with the Sine.

Jun 5, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #1,361 of 4,783
Jun 5, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #1,362 of 4,783
Why do you cut so much away? It seems you are trying to make them seem brighter?

Spent a few minutes going back and forth between the sine's (iPhone) and ether c's (mojo/iPad) synced on the same songs. This is what I came up with.
Of course the ether's are more resolving up top so I'm probably compensating but it's been sounding pretty great to me.
The eq isn't really very drastic. It doesn't sound like the differences in value are truly decibels even though that's the way they are labeled. Also there's definitely some dynamic processing going on. I can't get them to distort no matter what I do with the EQ. To my ears adjustments sound like Half the value they're labeled as. My curve is much more subtle than it looks in the screenshot.

Jun 5, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #1,363 of 4,783
For "in there" - Are you curious if Cipher cable would produce quality sound without separate DAC?

Cipher cable will only work with Apple devices; I don't know how to hook it up to my Mojo so I use the normal cable with the Mojo and Cipher cable with Apple devices.

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #1,364 of 4,783
Yeah not enough information was given like at all.

But no doubt is Fostex Tx00 a great headphones. I've read many good things about it. You will have to unscrew a lot of screws to replace headphone cable though. Other than that the wood finish seems very high quality.

If isolation and portability is not of concern either choice would be fantastic. A recommendation is to see if you can try both and return one.

Oh yeah, another good bit others are asking is the cipher cable. Which makes your portability very light.

thank you very much for your input. very helpful!
actually, im also having second thoughts wether i sell or not my mojo and x3ii or just depend on the cypher cable.
but knowing i do have some iems that depend on the mojo... so i may stick on it for awhile.

but how about sound quality?
may i know which do you prefer between the two?

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #1,365 of 4,783

thank you very much for your input. very helpful!
actually, im also having second thoughts wether i sell or not my mojo and x3ii or just depend on the cypher cable.
but knowing i do have some iems that depend on the mojo... so i may stick on it for awhile.

but how about sound quality?
may i know which do you prefer between the two?

don't sell mojo! it's the best thing ever....!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back