Audeze SINE Series
Mar 31, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #511 of 4,783
I got the Audeze Sine yesterday and I'm loving it.  I've always been a fan of the Audeze house sound, and these have it.  

I'm currently using it through a Chord Mojo.  While I'm not in love with the Chord Mojo, the design and amazing sound of the Sine make it a winner in my book.

I do have a question though.  In the travel pouch, it seems like the left side and the right side would hit each other frequently when the headphone is flat.  There doesn't seem to be any protection for this and it would probably result in some damage to the headphone in the long run.  Do ya'll have any thoughts on this?

I know it's all about the music, but I like to take care of my gear.

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #512 of 4,783
sorry to hurt you feelings or ego, but read their description... it states the cables... there is no 8 foot cable that comes with the Sine... there is no Audeze Cable it is a Cipher and it isn't 6 foot long either... so get a grip on your emotions would ya
Buysonic is an authorized dealer.

The $380 price is for the non-cipher version. Which there is

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #513 of 4,783
Buysonic is an authorized dealer.

The $380 price is for the non-cipher version. Which there is

never claimed they were authorized or not... all I did was point out the fact that their description of what is in the box is not what Audeze ships with the item.

Once again, you spend your money where you like... I aint stopping you

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #514 of 4,783
never claimed they were authorized or not... all I did was point out the fact that their description of what is in the box is not what Audeze ships with the item.

Once again, you spend your money where you like... I aint stopping you
Alright then. I think most of us can agree to disagree. But there is a way more trusting guy Named Brian. He is over at http://www.razordogaudio.com. He offers. Discounts right off the start and has the Sines in stock. But I think they are only the regular ones without the cable

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #516 of 4,783
Alright then. I think most of us can agree to disagree. But there is a way more trusting guy Named Brian. He is over at http://www.razordogaudio.com. He offers. Discounts right off the start and has the Sines in stock. But I think they are only the regular ones without the cable

thanks for the tip, I will head that way

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #517 of 4,783
I got the Audeze Sine yesterday and I'm loving it.  I've always been a fan of the Audeze house sound, and these have it.  

I'm currently using it through a Chord Mojo.  While I'm not in love with the Chord Mojo, the design and amazing sound of the Sine make it a winner in my book.

I do have a question though.  In the travel pouch, it seems like the left side and the right side would hit each other frequently when the headphone is flat.  There doesn't seem to be any protection for this and it would probably result in some damage to the headphone in the long run.  Do ya'll have any thoughts on this?

I know it's all about the music, but I like to take care of my gear.

Take some electrical tape and wrap around the sides, or place a piece of specially cut foam in between the ear cups. I tried the portability forms during demoing and noticed the same exact thing when folding it flat. There might even be a generic hard case to fit it on Amazon.

Mar 31, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #518 of 4,783
I'd be interested in a comparison with the LCD 2f  -  Does anybody of you guys out there have both of them?
Not that I believe that the Sine is a LCD killer, but wondering if they kind of sound similar …. 

Also please forget those silly EL-8 phones. Not really worth comparing with ...

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #520 of 4,783
  Has anyone compared the Sine vs the TH-X00 vs the EL-8C? I'm in the market for one of these and trying to decide on one.

A Sine vs EL8C comparison should be possible at your local apple store soon

Impressions seem to be in the Sine's favor considering the EL8C seems to be like an afterthought, and doesn't have the best reviews

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #521 of 4,783
I think a comparison between Sine and EL-8 Titanium is fair, considering both have Cipher cables. I wonder if EL-8 Titanium is better and closer to tonality of Sine as opposed to earlier EL-8 models.

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #523 of 4,783
A Sine vs EL8C comparison should be possible at your local apple store soon

Impressions seem to be in the Sine's favor considering the EL8C seems to be like an afterthought, and doesn't have the best reviews

No, the EL8C is still worth considering, though the advantages over others is rather slim. Against the Oppo PM-3, I prefer the sound of the EL8C with plenty of extra comfort to boot, but the EL8C is a little heavier, little larger, and costs more. However, add a cipher cable to the EL8C and add a Oppo HA-2 to the PM-3 and the EL8C with cipher cable has more convenience, less weight as a stack, and is future-proof for iPhones in portability (headphone jack may be removed for the next iPhone model).

However, the Sine is overall better than the EL8C in many ways. It is not just that the Sine is the first planar-magnetic on-ear, but also the most portable Audez'e with the EL8C a rather distant second in this regard. For me, the Sine sounds better than the EL8C in overall clarity, though the EL8 is still more comfortable for my ears (over-ear) with a larger supporting headband. So far, the Sine is also one of the best, if not the best, on-ears I have ever heard. Add a cipher cable to it and the Sine becomes an ultimate portable beast for your iPhone.

Apr 1, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #525 of 4,783
so after initially thinking i had a dodgy mojo lots of interference when screen was on, ok when off.  Doing some listening the Sine are really shining even more so that the PM3.  First time listening today.  The sine sound better to me, the instruments are more defined and pop a little more.  I will say the cymbals on PM3 sound more prominent to me but im a drum & guitar person, cymbals are nice and they are present in the sine but not to the same extent

I think i may very well be selling my PM3s and Cayin N6.

Sine & Mojo FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back