Audeze SINE Series
Mar 29, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #466 of 4,783
  Well, in all fairness, some people have tons of posts and very little experience, they just blab on about the same things over and over again. One member here always has the highest recent post count, but 95% of their posts are in the three word story thread which has nothing to do with headphone or sources. Another prolific poster I know just posts non stop about the same Sony gear over and over and over again. So post numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Very true. I was a bit surprised when I found some of the "game" and/or "bulking" threads here that seem to be in place purely to get ones post count up. Seems a bit like cheating to me. Cheers 

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #467 of 4,783
Why Sine bad for guitar drum rock?  Because its tonal balance is skewed.  Not just rock. Trumpets sound polished and lack bite, too.
Until the measurement result come out, I cannot help but guess.
To my humble ears, they sound somewhat laid-back in upper mid-range (3~5k), and very recessed around 6~7k, too strong after that (8~10k). 

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:15 AM Post #468 of 4,783
  Why Sine bad for guitar drum rock?  Because its tonal balance is skewed.  Not just rock. Trumpets sound polished and lack bite, too.
Until the measurement result come out, I cannot help but guess.
To my humble ears, they sound somewhat laid-back in upper mid-range (3~5k), and very recessed around 6~7k, too strong after that (8~10k). 

Sounds a bit similar to LCD-4.

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #471 of 4,783
There are plenty of comparisons with the PM3 for obvious reasons. But I don't suppose anyone can compare the sines to V-Moda XS or Master & Dynamic MH40?

I did a comparison with V-Moda XS on Fiio X5II. Both pretty nice but personally I prefer XS.. More Vocal forward, to me XS smoother and lighter, Sine hurts my hearing a bit than XS when higher volume.

Settings for XS(with Silver Dragon) on FIIO X5II
EQ: Off
Volume: 65
Gain: High

For Sine on Fiio X5II
EQ: Off
Volume: 70-80
Gain: High

Other players you have to test yourself.

*This is my personal opinion can only use for reference. Different combos will have different results.

Mar 29, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #472 of 4,783

contrary to some condescending comment, I auditioned sine very seriously and reached my conclusion. i also compare sine with hd600, shure 1540. 
there are no headphones that have great bass/mid/treble in itself, they  have 'great bass' only when compared to other phones.
and what we are disagree about is not that big, who loves sine say it is smooth/liquid etc and who don't less treble in certain area etc, they describe the same things but with different interpretations.  

Mar 29, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #473 of 4,783

I don't doubt you, but that still isn't the same thing as somebody may not prefer the same attributes, and some people may even actually over the long haul prefer the PM3 presentation, but due to initial excitement feel something different was better, but in the end return to preferring the PM3. I'm being completely theoretical and I have no doubt that the Sine may indeed be preferred by most PM3 owners. I'm just saying that making a really quick decision on preference in such a case may be explainable by new toy syndrome. I take it that the OP liked the PM3 or he wouldn't have had them presumably, it is also possible they are now bored with them, maybe you are as well seeing how long either of you may have owned the PM3. Boredom is a powerful influencing factor. Regardless, I'm not saying you or the OP are wrong, I couldn't possibly lknow that. Just having fun and bidding my time until a Bluetooth version is announced! Then, I'll be in the club pretty quickly.

Well, in all fairness, some people have tons of posts and very little experience, they just blab on about the same things over and over again. One member here always has the highest recent post count, but 95% of their posts are in the three word story thread which has nothing to do with headphone or sources. Another prolific poster I know just posts non stop about the same Sony gear over and over and over again. So post numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Well said
L3000.gif

Mar 29, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #474 of 4,783
Just received my pair of SINEs. 

Wow what a great sound, i much prefer them to the pm3, much punchier, snappier and less dry/more lively. Reminds me a lot of the lcd-2 pre-fazor mids, the attack, decay and prat is spot on. Bass obviously doesn't go as low as the lcd2, but still has great depth, i actually prefer it to the he-400 bass !. Soundstage is a bit constrained but to be expected with closed back, the imaging and resolution is just so accurate ! A really fun Euphonic pair for sure !

Easy to drive, but scales so well !, could completely hear the step-up in sound quality between a s6 edge plus, dx 90,  chord mojo, and full desktop (Gungnir multibit/Mjolnir 2 with reflektor 75 tubes)

They really seem to handle any type of music well, and especially complex passages as found in progressive trance/ Complextro, vocals also seem spot on !
Best Audeze product in a while, they really made up for the disappointment of the EL-8 (at least to me)

Really happy with this purchase ! 

Now back to some listening time ! 

Mar 29, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #475 of 4,783
  I'm not saying this is the case, but it is very possible that once you get a new headphone you use it more than the one you grew bored of. I say wait until you have had the Sine long enough to grow accustomed to the signature. If after 6 months of use you try the PM3 and still prefer the Sine that would really be more of an indicator. I think it is normal to become infatuated quite quickly with a new sound signature if it one that you enjoy. Over time, the newness factor will diminish. Our brains are hard wired to respond to newer stimuli, in fact we seek it out. That is why we try new gear, we get bored of even remarkable gear and want that high of discovery. In that context you might simply be more bored of the PM3 as opposed to actually preferring the Sine. They are similar, but still different things.

This might be the best quote ive seen for the need to buy new gear.  Im not spending money, my brain is seeking new stimuli, love it.  

Id say im definately in new toy mode but i have owned the PM3 for nearly a year and dont think i got out of it with them, was always surprised how good they were as i only get an hour a day to listen.  Its not that i have grown out of the PM3 but Sine delivers more if that make sense, too me its like PM3 plus 

Mar 29, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #476 of 4,783

This might be the best quote ive seen for the need to buy new gear.  Im not spending money, my brain is seeking new stimuli, love it.  

Id say im definately in new toy mode but i have owned the PM3 for nearly a year and dont think i got out of it with them, was always surprised how good they were as i only get an hour a day to listen.  Its not that i have grown out of the PM3 but Sine delivers more if that make sense, too me its like PM3 plus 

PM3 plus sounds awesome. I can only play if they do Bluetooth as I'm just not going wired ever again, definitely not for a portable. The sound quality of Bluetooth is just so high there is no reason to shy away from it now. Essentially they need to get the Cypher setup in the cup. Audeze, listen to the future, catch the wave wireless....wireless ......Try to hear that like an fading out echo, you know all ghostly haunting and ****.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #477 of 4,783
Well, I've been listening to the Audeze SINEs since they arrived this afternoon. And I am shocked! From the packaging, to the construction and comfort and most importantly to the sound, these are outstanding headphones! Classic Audeze LCD type sound, but portable! This pair has the 24 bit Cipher Lightning Cable and from my iPad Air & Tidal I can't believe how dynamic and natural they sound!

I will be reviewing them (and hopefully adding them to my Comparative Thread of portable headphones), but so far, I really like what I'm hearing.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:45 PM Post #478 of 4,783
  Well, I've been listening to the Audeze SINEs since they arrived this afternoon. And I am shocked! From the packaging, to the construction and comfort and most importantly to the sound, these are outstanding headphones! Classic Audeze LCD type sound, but portable! This pair has the 24 bit Cipher Lightning Cable and from my iPad Air & Tidal I can't believe how dynamic and natural they sound!

I will be reviewing them (and hopefully adding them to my Comparative Thread of portable headphones), but so far, I really like what I'm hearing.

mine arrived today also and I have been listening through my steely dan collection and I am impressed with the sound and don't even mind that the sound stage is a bit compressed. I'm generally an open dynamic headphone owner, but do have a few closed sets. I do believe I will keep them although I am a bit disappointed that I didn't get the cipher cable in my box (the back story on that is for a different thread than this).

all in all Audeze has created a very formidable portable that will have me leaving some of my less portable headphones at home from now on... now to find which pairing of portable dac/amp and transport sound the most goodest. I'm sure I will be given a Sine one way or another

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #479 of 4,783

mine arrived today also and I have been listening through my steely dan collection and I am impressed with the sound and don't even mind that the sound stage is a bit compressed. I'm generally an open dynamic headphone owner, but do have a few closed sets. I do believe I will keep them although I am a bit disappointed that I didn't get the cipher cable in my box (the back story on that is for a different thread than this).

all in all Audeze has created a very formidable portable that will have me leaving some of my less portable headphones at home from now on... now to find which pairing of portable dac/amp and transport sound the most goodest. I'm sure I will be given a Sine one way or another

I haven't tried them without the Cipher cable yet...but I will. I'll go straight out of either my iPhone or iPad, then I'll move on to my Chord Mojo and AK240SS just to see what happens and then how that compares to the Cipher DSP/DAC/Amp cable. This is going to be a bit more complicated review as such...but fun nonetheless.

Mar 29, 2016 at 9:52 PM Post #480 of 4,783

I haven't tried them without the Cipher cable yet...but I will. I'll go straight out of either my iPhone or iPad, then I'll move on to my Chord Mojo and AK240SS just to see what happens and then how that compares to the Cipher DSP/DAC/Amp cable. This is going to be a bit more complicated review as such...but fun nonetheless.

I don't have a dedicated DAP, just a few IOS and Android (and even one windows) devices that I use as transports. people think I am loony using a phone as an audio player, but not a phone. go figure?

I also have a mojo, CD5 and an i-FI to shuffle around to get the sound blazing good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back