Audeze SINE Series
Mar 28, 2016 at 12:18 AM Post #451 of 4,783
I did, worked great. Don't be such a chicken. :p

Mar 28, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #454 of 4,783
I did audition sine, again. This was 5th times. I didn't like it last 4 times. And this also I coulnt find the reason. Too restrained in certain treble area so makes it have soft sound, which is good for certain people. But at the same time probably upper treble is emphasized, unnaturally, so weird cymbal sound. some would say its treble is well extended. extended may it be, but still unnatural. And frankly every last of audeze has this problem. But that doesn't matter because of sheer base power and
well integrated mid. But translating it into small on ear, in this time the deficiency is too prominemt to ignore.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #455 of 4,783
I did audition sine, again. This was 5th times. I didn't like it last 4 times. And this also I coulnt find the reason. Too restrained in certain treble area so makes it have soft sound, which is good for certain people. But at the same time probably upper treble is emphasized, unnaturally, so weird cymbal sound. some would say its treble is well extended. extended may it be, but still unnatural. And frankly every last of audeze has this problem. But that doesn't matter because of sheer base power and
well integrated mid. But translating it into small on ear, in this time the deficiency is too prominemt to ignore.

I agree. Sine isn't well suited for rock music. Gone are the gritty bite of electric guitars, and impactful strokes of cymbals.
Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" sounds so sleek and without angst on these cans.

Mar 28, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #457 of 4,783

Tyll dicusses the Audeze trebble issue in his latest review of Lcd-4 but he seems to like Sine- will see when he do the official review.

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #458 of 4,783
  I agree. Sine isn't well suited for rock music. Gone are the gritty bite of electric guitars, and impactful strokes of cymbals.
Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" sounds so sleek and without angst on these cans.

REALLY 

I think they are really good for Rock / Metal, better than the PM3, in fact since ive had the Sine ive not touched the Oppos

Mar 28, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #459 of 4,783

What ?

I'm only listening to rock and metal and the SINE are my new favorite portable headphones.

While the SINE's upper midrange doesn't have the same energy than a pair of Grado headphones, it still packs a lot of distortion guitar crunch and bite.

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #460 of 4,783
  REALLY 

I think they are really good for Rock / Metal, better than the PM3, in fact since ive had the Sine ive not touched the Oppos

I'm not saying this is the case, but it is very possible that once you get a new headphone you use it more than the one you grew bored of. I say wait until you have had the Sine long enough to grow accustomed to the signature. If after 6 months of use you try the PM3 and still prefer the Sine that would really be more of an indicator. I think it is normal to become infatuated quite quickly with a new sound signature if it one that you enjoy. Over time, the newness factor will diminish. Our brains are hard wired to respond to newer stimuli, in fact we seek it out. That is why we try new gear, we get bored of even remarkable gear and want that high of discovery. In that context you might simply be more bored of the PM3 as opposed to actually preferring the Sine. They are similar, but still different things.

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #462 of 4,783
  Trust me, it doesn't take 6 months to realize that the SINE are much clearer and less dry than the PM-3.

I don't doubt you, but that still isn't the same thing as somebody may not prefer the same attributes, and some people may even actually over the long haul prefer the PM3 presentation, but due to initial excitement feel something different was better, but in the end return to preferring the PM3. I'm being completely theoretical and I have no doubt that the Sine may indeed be preferred by most PM3 owners. I'm just saying that making a really quick decision on preference in such a case may be explainable by new toy syndrome. I take it that the OP liked the PM3 or he wouldn't have had them presumably, it is also possible they are now bored with them, maybe you are as well seeing how long either of you may have owned the PM3. Boredom is a powerful influencing factor. Regardless, I'm not saying you or the OP are wrong, I couldn't possibly lknow that. Just having fun and bidding my time until a Bluetooth version is announced! Then, I'll be in the club pretty quickly.

Mar 28, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #463 of 4,783
REALLY 

What ?

I'm only listening to rock and metal and the SINE are my new favorite portable headphones.

While the SINE's upper midrange doesn't have the same energy than a pair of Grado headphones, it still packs a lot of distortion guitar crunch and bite.

Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder what these guys are on about, there have been a lot of off-the-wall from new members lately. :confused:

Mar 28, 2016 at 9:54 PM Post #464 of 4,783
Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder what these guys are on about, there have been a lot of off-the-wall from new members lately.
confused.gif

Ha! Exactly. It's like a flashback to the 1999-2000 period when "dot-com'ers" didn't trust anyone with real experience. Guess those of us with thousands of posts don't know what we're talking about... 
evil_smiley.gif

And for the record the SINEs are good IMHO with rock. Nirvana Unplugged in NY is great on the SINEs - with "Lithium" being one of my long-time reference testing tracks. 

Cheers 

Mar 28, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #465 of 4,783
  Ha! Exactly. It's like a flashback to the 1999-2000 period when "dot-com'ers" didn't trust anyone with real experience. Guess those of us with thousands of posts don't know what we're talking about... 
evil_smiley.gif

And for the record the SINEs are good IMHO with rock. Nirvana Unplugged in NY is great on the SINEs - with "Lithium" being one of my long-time reference testing tracks. 

Cheers 

Well, in all fairness, some people have tons of posts and very little experience, they just blab on about the same things over and over again. One member here always has the highest recent post count, but 95% of their posts are in the three word story thread which has nothing to do with headphone or sources. Another prolific poster I know just posts non stop about the same Sony gear over and over and over again. So post numbers need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back