Audeze SINE Series
Mar 9, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #226 of 4,783

Thanks, yeah I know.  (I had the JH13s in the past.)

I imagine that the K10s are much better than the SINE ?

Yeah, but they also cost over 3x as much. Different league. 

However, the SINE's are quite good IMO. Cheers

Mar 9, 2016 at 2:26 PM Post #227 of 4,783
Yeah, but they also cost over 3x as much. Different league. 

However, the SINE's are quite good IMO. Cheers
Are there any cheaper IEMs you have experience with that you can compare the Sines to?I'm wondering how they compare to the Westone W40s, or maybe other 4-6 driver IEMs in the price range.

I'm specifically looking to replace my W4Rs, or at least compliment them

Sonically, do they have the flat bass of the LCDs, or are they a bit more midbass oriented? How is the treble? Brighter or darker than the LCDs?

Thanks

Mar 9, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #228 of 4,783
Are there any cheaper IEMs you have experience with that you can compare the Sines to?I'm wondering how they compare to the Westone W40s, or maybe other 4-6 driver IEMs in the price range.

I'm specifically looking to replace my W4Rs, or at least compliment them

Sonically, do they have the flat bass of the LCDs, or are they a bit more midbass oriented? How is the treble? Brighter or darker than the LCDs?

Thanks

One of my favorites is the Noble 6. Probably a pretty similar signature to the SINE's. Cheers 

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #230 of 4,783
Are we comparing apples and oranges? I am interested on how they compare with other on ear or over ear portable headphones. I think is kind of difficult start comparing regular headphones with iems.

Mar 10, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #231 of 4,783
Try this web page:

https://www.audeze.com/contact-us

Also, if you are under 30, you may not realize this, but your smartphone has a realtime, voice enabled, universal communication app built right it! Open the "phone" app and look for the something call a "keypad". Enter this secret code for Audeze and press the green button. (714) 581-8010.

Then hold the top part of the smartphone to your ear and the bottom part of the smartphone to your mouth. After the connection is made with Audeze, you can talk and the person on the other end can hear you! WAY faster than e-mail, twitter, texting, instagram, pinterest, Facebook, Google+, or even LinkedIn!

:)

Gotta Say this is one of my Favorite post on Head-Fi and I even work for Apple :atsmile:

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #232 of 4,783
Hi to the siner's who are kindly answering questions about these cans.......I like my bass and I enjoy the Fidelio M2BT for their bass and rumble but also enjoy clarity and non veiled sound............how are the sine for bass, sub bass, mid bass and rumble for EDM, trap and bassy music?................could they be considered for someone like me who likes to be a basshead on occasion with certain tracks when out and about?

Many thanks for answering questions from those of us who don't have them at the moment.

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #233 of 4,783
Everybody just buy a pair of Sine and shut the screw up. After you've posted impressions of course haha

Mar 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #234 of 4,783
Listening to these right now and I really have to say these hit right home for me. Deliciously smooth and lively with a palatable naturalness to the mids, this is what I would consider to be an "addicting" signature and presentation. With more burn in I'm sure they'll be exceptional all around. I feel as if I'm connecting with the music far more than say the PM3 or even the EL8 open. Take that with a grain of salt however as a proper EL8 is no slouch either. But for what it is this headphone continues to amaze me anywhere I go. I plan to get an aftermarket silver occ litz to further push their potential. Deliciously satisfying experience overall! And even without modification..

Mar 10, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #235 of 4,783
Listening to these right now and I really have to say these hit right home for me. Deliciously smooth and lively with a palatable naturalness to the mids, this is what I would consider to be an "addicting" signature and presentation. With more burn in I'm sure they'll be exceptional all around. I feel as if I'm connecting with the music far more than say the PM3 or even the EL8 open. Take that with a grain of salt however as a proper EL8 is no slouch either. But for what it is this headphone continues to amaze me anywhere I go. I plan to get an aftermarket silver occ litz to further push their potential. Deliciously satisfying experience overall! And even without modification..

Thanks for your feedback, how's the sound signature versus the LCD-2 ?

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #237 of 4,783
I enjoyed the PM3 quite a bit, and these sound fairly similar sound signature wise based on how people are describing them, but with a little extra treble. Can I ask somebody to post a picture of the cable ends that attach into the cups? I'm considering trying an Audeze after years of hesitation due to QC issues. My other concern is whether or not a smartphone can drive these, in my case a LG G3 which is a great sounding phone. I am also quite interested to know how realistic it is that a Bluetooth version may come out. Frankly they should have done that as I can tell you with apt X Bluetooth sounds fantastic. I was able to test apt x against a PM3 driven balanced by the DP-X1 and I was more than surprised just how good the Bluetooth headphones performed. I have since sold my DP-X1 and bought the LG and love Bluetooth. If  Audeze make a Bluetooth version it will do quite well as wireless is I'm very willing to predict going to dominate this segment within only 5 years.

I was expecting this big drop in quality given the obvious low cost DAC and amp in the WS99BT and XTZ Divine I use, but nope, they sound really good. So Audeze, do Bluetooth!

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:39 PM Post #238 of 4,783
I was told Audeze would consider a Bluetooth sine if demand was there......................personally I think it would be great. I agree APTx sounds great  and while I have quite a few BT headphones, B&W P5 wireless, B&O H7, Fidelio M2BT, AKG 845BT, sony 1ABT and V-Moda crossfade wireless for different moods and genres, I would welcome a BT Sine if they are as good as early reports and especially if they have some good bass when needed......... I would definately buy them.

Mar 10, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #239 of 4,783
I enjoyed the PM3 quite a bit, and these sound fairly similar sound signature wise based on how people are describing them, but with a little extra treble. Can I ask somebody to post a picture of the cable ends that attach into the cups? I'm considering trying an Audeze after years of hesitation due to QC issues. My other concern is whether or not a smartphone can drive these, in my case a LG G3 which is a great sounding phone. I am also quite interested to know how realistic it is that a Bluetooth version may come out. Frankly they should have done that as I can tell you with apt X Bluetooth sounds fantastic. I was able to test apt x against a PM3 driven balanced by the DP-X1 and I was more than surprised just how good the Bluetooth headphones performed. I have since sold my DP-X1 and bought the LG and love Bluetooth. If  Audeze make a Bluetooth version it will do quite well as wireless is I'm very willing to predict going to dominate this segment within only 5 years.

I was expecting this big drop in quality given the obvious low cost DAC and amp in the WS99BT and XTZ Divine I use, but nope, they sound really good. So Audeze, do Bluetooth!
the specs indicate they a phone should be capable. They are 20ohm and have a sensitivity of 120db

If I have a really killer weekend at work I might buy these monday. They'd be used pretty much strictly out of my phone or computer unamped (library use) so I'll let you know based on that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back