Audeze SINE Series
Mar 4, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #182 of 4,783

Rock music? SINE for sure IMO.

If you had the PM-3 in the past and were not 100% satisfied, why would you reconsider it?

Then I will have to try the Sine 
wink.gif
  (Not sure if they are available somewhere in Canada ?)

I was very close to buy another pair of PM-3 because I will travel a lot this year.  I also have the 1st gen Momentum but to my ears the PM-3 are much better.

Mar 4, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #183 of 4,783
So would you guys say that the Sine is livelier and more exciting to listen to than the PM3s overall? That would be one of my main goals for buying the Sine

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #185 of 4,783
So would you guys say that the Sine is livelier and more exciting to listen to than the PM3s overall? That would be one of my main goals for buying the Sine

I just got my pair yesterday and am also finishing up my audition of the PM-3.  In early comparisons I would say the Sine is both livelier and more exciting than the PM-3.  PM-3 wins in the comfort category however, but probably not fair to compare around ear to on ear.  I wear glasses so that has an effect too.

Mar 4, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #186 of 4,783
I just got my pair yesterday and am also finishing up my audition of the PM-3.  In early comparisons I would say the Sine is both livelier and more exciting than the PM-3.  PM-3 wins in the comfort category however, but probably not fair to compare around ear to on ear.  I wear glasses so that has an effect too.

Really good to know thanks. I'll be placing my order next week for the Sine

Mar 4, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #188 of 4,783

I find the SINE livelier and more nimble.

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #189 of 4,783
Can you comment about how they are with isolation (both sound getting in and sound getting out)?  I had a pair of LCD-XC that I was using for commuting on the train, I finally got tired of how big and clunky they were but didn't grow tired of that sweet sound.

Mar 4, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #190 of 4,783
Can you comment about how they are with isolation (both sound getting in and sound getting out)?  I had a pair of LCD-XC that I was using for commuting on the train, I finally got tired of how big and clunky they were but didn't grow tired of that sweet sound.

Much lighter and so much more portable than the XC's. Good isolation from outside noise with a good seal. Not perfectly quiet from the outside, with a little leakage, but not bad. You can hear it in a quiet room, but likely not on a plane or bus or a place with other noise. I'll be flying with them cross country this weekend and will see how they work on the road. Cheers

Mar 4, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #191 of 4,783
Another thing I love about the SINE is that you don't have to fiddle with them to get the ideal fit for proper sound.

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #194 of 4,783
Mar 4, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #195 of 4,783
Haven't done any real comparisons yet but coincidentally I did "prime" myself with the PM-3 before the SINE arrived. The PM-3 has a more "fleshed-out" midrange (more space to operate in) but the cleanliness and clarity of the SINE wins me over. 

On-ears. Small ears would fit in the orig. Momentum but probably only small terriers would get their ears inside the SINE pads.

thanks !

I do wonder if there is a huge demand for on ear planars, I guess time will tell. feel kinda bad for existing, dissatisfied, el-8 owners that Audeze decided to focus on a new product as opposed to refining or addressing concerns of existing ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back