Audeze SINE Series
Mar 23, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #379 of 4,783
  Thanks for opinions.

I figured that I would just buy them and return them, if I don't like them, but as I said, if their sound "settle down" after some burn-in (not going to start any discussion on this, it seems 50:50), I wondered I could try to listen to them after that period of time.

Off-topic question - any recommendations for DAC player ? Currently I am thinking about FiiO X3 2nd Gen, but I will appreciate any other suggestions.

Bobi

Was looking to upgrade my Vmoda M100 for some time now and was planning for the Oppo PM3 .  Really liked the audeze sound when i tried the LCD 2 and X at a local store  but i didnt want a open back .Then these came,ordered right away  and honestly really love them . On ears took some time to get used to but the sine really shines with high quality recordings.
Didnt try the oppo so not sure how these compare to them but definitely a good upgrade over the M100.

Have a fiio x1 and looking to upgrade my source. Pioneer dap seems to fit me as it is andriod based (spotify/tidal can work) and can support MQA(tidal might use it future)  .Not sure how much SQ wise it is diff from Onkyo DAP , still exploring, 

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #380 of 4,783
Hi - need some advice. I'm currently using my Beyerdynamic T51i as my go to traveling / outdoor headphones. I really like the T51i since the sound is very clear, bass is nice and the headphones are very comfortable to wear for long duration.

When I heard of the PM-3, I was really keen on upgrading. While I liked the overall sounds of the PM-3, I found it lacking in bass. Hence decided against upgrading at that point.

However, it seems that the SINE is blowing everyone away - any thoughts on how it sounds vs. the Beyerdynamic T51i? Is this the time to upgrade :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #381 of 4,783
Definitely not a PM3 wannabe, yes similar but a different sound I think ive had brain burn in occur now as well put them on for a good hour today and they sounded really good bass was really punching and I think goes lower than PM3.  Im going to stick with my after thoughts PM3s are clinical and the Sine are fun. 

Sine really good for Metal, Rock FFDP sounds awesome due to the better bass I think PM3 slightly better for female vocals but perhaps due to the slower nature of the music. 

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #382 of 4,783
  Definitely not a PM3 wannabe, yes similar but a different sound I think ive had brain burn in occur now as well put them on for a good hour today and they sounded really good bass was really punching and I think goes lower than PM3.  Im going to stick with my after thoughts PM3s are clinical and the Sine are fun. 

Sine really good for Metal, Rock FFDP sounds awesome due to the better bass I think PM3 slightly better for female vocals but perhaps due to the slower nature of the music. 

+1, will write more comments tonight.

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #383 of 4,783
Odd, I always think of the PM3 as a more fun sound signature, not neutral, and with rolled off treble? Anyway, hopefully some more impressions on the Since come through soon, and hopefully Audeze is seeing that a Bluetooth version makes a lot of sense, wireless is the future baby, and it sounds damn good to boot.

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #384 of 4,783
  Odd, I always think of the PM3 as a more fun sound signature, not neutral, and with rolled off treble? Anyway, hopefully some more impressions on the Since come through soon, and hopefully Audeze is seeing that a Bluetooth version makes a lot of sense, wireless is the future baby, and it sounds damn good to boot.

I have more fun right-now with the SINE vs the PM-3.  (I will explain the differences more in details later.)

Not sure that Audeze will release a BT version soon because they will probably want to promote their Cipher cable technology..

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #386 of 4,783
Here are my thoughts about the SINE after 2 days :

PROS
  1. The sound signature is very engaging and fun.
  2. They kept me engaged with my music, where the PM-3 felt too dry and unexciting.
  3. Much better tonality than the EL-8.
  4. Crystal clear highs and great midrange.  (More clarity than the PM-3)
  5. Superb imaging.
  6. Great extension at both ends.  (The bass is amazing)

CONS
  1. Small soundstage. (About the same size as the PM-3)
  2. No carrying case included. (They should have included a case like the one that is coming with the PM-3)
  3. Not as comfortable as the PM-3 but still quite comfortable for on-ear headphones. 

I seriously think that it's the best product from Audeze since the LCD-2 Rev.2!

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #387 of 4,783

PROS
  1. The sound signature is very engaging and fun.
  2. They kept me engaged with my music, where the PM-3 felt too dry and unexciting.
  3. Much better tonality than the EL-8.
  4. Crystal clear highs and great midrange.  (More clarity than the PM-3)
  5. Superb imaging.
  6. Great extension at both ends.  (The bass is amazing)

CONS
  1. Small soundstage. (About the same size as the PM-3)
  2. No carrying case included. (They should have included a case like the one that is coming with the PM-3)
  3. Not as comfortable as the PM-3 but still quite comfortable for on-ear headphones. 

Well stated! Agree with everything here, although expecting a big soundstage from closed HP's might be wanting too much? Cheers 

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #388 of 4,783

Wow, sounds fantastic. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that they do put out a Bluetooth version. I'm not surprised about the clarity versus the PM3. I really liked the PM3, but clarity wasn't their strong suit. I find the B&O H7 I'm using now to have better clarity than the PM3 going by recent memory (sold my PM3 about two weeks ago now). I would grab a Sine now, but I'm just not able to go back to wired for a portable which is my loss as I would love to try the Sine.

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:27 PM Post #389 of 4,783
  Well stated! Agree with everything here, although expecting a big soundstage from closed HP's might be wanting too much? Cheers 

Yes I agree, the soundstage is a little bit compressed but it's not the end of the world.  But the imaging is extremely accurate, I can really feel where all the instruments are located.

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #390 of 4,783
  Wow, sounds fantastic. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that they do put out a Bluetooth version. I'm not surprised about the clarity versus the PM3. I really liked the PM3, but clarity wasn't their strong suit. I find the B&O H7 I'm using now to have better clarity than the PM3 going by recent memory (sold my PM3 about two weeks ago now). I would grab a Sine now, but I'm just not able to go back to wired for a portable which is my loss as I would love to try the Sine.

We will have to put pressure on Audeze 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back