Audeze SINE Series
Jul 6, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,741 of 4,783
I think these sound slightly too bassy and warm (with the seal of my large head at least) with the Cipher. That EQ app is a really handy tool, I wish I had this kind of a global tool to use with all of my headphones.

People thinking these are bass-light and have too forward highs might wonder what I was thinking here 
smily_headphones1.gif
, but it works! I bet I'll be doing some more fine-tuning, though.

Jul 6, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #1,744 of 4,783
Any news for the Cipher cable to available separately? Or if anyone want to give up their Cipher cable, feel free to offer that to me. :)

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #1,745 of 4,783
  No, don't believe so. While Nano does indeed have a lightning port, it does not allow apps like iPod Touch/iPhone/etc. Those apps are what's needed to bypass the internal DAC...send through the lightning...and let the Cipher DAC take control. And because you can't add apps to Nano, you can't add the Audeze/Cipher app which you're prompted to do as soon as you plug it in the first time to the other aforementioned devices.

Cheers for that - I was just curious is all. My Nano works with my oppo Ha-2 so thought it might be able to use the amp component of the cipher cable. Has anyone actually tried it??

Jul 6, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #1,747 of 4,783
  Cheers for that - I was just curious is all. My Nano works with my oppo Ha-2 so thought it might be able to use the amp component of the cipher cable. Has anyone actually tried it??

I had my Nano in front of me so I just tried it. This is the warning message that pops up. If you skip past it and go to the songs and try to play, nothing happens.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #1,749 of 4,783
So I've just picked up a pair and I love them. I find the size a bit awkward with my ears but so far find them comfortable as long as I have them back a bit otherwise the pressure on the side of my head gets to me a bit.

I've never heard a planar before and the detail and separation is incredible. Absolutely love listening to them and I can get them properly loud so now I'm using it as an excuse to take my dog for longer walks! Out of my phone it's too quiet (but the phone is underpowered) so I've been using a JustAudio uha-120 amp and they sound amazing and can really hit a good volume if I want. I've got an LG G5 that I bought because of the B&O Hifi Plus module but the one I got is busted so I had to send it back to LG so haven't been able to try them out yet.

The one thing I'm really curious about is the cable. I'm happy with it but want to get the absolute best sound out of these that I can. Have many people replaced the stock cable? How much of an improvement in the sound do you notice?

Jul 7, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #1,750 of 4,783
I've changed the ear pads to Marshall Monitor pads. What this does is a few things; the ear pads are thicker so there's a soundstage improvement and they're also wider, so it changes the Sine to over-ear, although the Marshall Monitor ear pads are only barely "over ear" and may still be on ear for some.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:39 AM Post #1,752 of 4,783
  I've changed the ear pads to Marshall Monitor pads. What this does is a few things; the ear pads are thicker so there's a soundstage improvement and they're also wider, so it changes the Sine to over-ear, although the Marshall Monitor ear pads are only barely "over ear" and may still be on ear for some.

How does it affect the sound?

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:10 AM Post #1,753 of 4,783
  @inthere 

share some pics

Already did in this thread

How does it affect the sound?

Like I said, soundstage improvement is noticeable, may be a bit more bass but not sure because my stock pads got lost in the mail before I could compare. I sent my stock pads to a custom place that was going to make velour versions for me.

Jul 7, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #1,754 of 4,783

Already did in this thread

Like I said, soundstage improvement is noticeable, may be a bit more bass but not sure because my stock pads got lost in the mail before I could compare. I sent my stock pads to a custom place that was going to make velour versions for me.

Wow that's cool. I wonder how the velours sound like.

I once tried changing the pads to the Brainwavz pads I had lying around (these are the really thick ones from mp4nation). I have to say, they did improve soundstage but the sound was a little off for me. Especially the mids where they sound kind of distant.

Returning back to the stock ones, the sound is more intimate but stock pads hurt my ears as hell. Even after bending the headband a couple of times to relieve the head clamp.

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #1,755 of 4,783

Wow that's cool. I wonder how the velours sound like.

I once tried changing the pads to the Brainwavz pads I had lying around (these are the really thick ones from mp4nation). I have to say, they did improve soundstage but the sound was a little off for me. Especially the mids where they sound kind of distant.

Returning back to the stock ones, the sound is more intimate but stock pads hurt my ears as hell. Even after bending the headband a couple of times to relieve the head clamp.

Brainwave pads were too loose and kept slipping off for me, did that happen to you? The Monitor pads stay on without issue, almost like they were made for them. Ultimately though, the Monitor pads are some synthetic material and I want either real leather or velour because I know it will sound even better, which is why I sent them off to Vesper audio so they could make them for me. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back