Audeze SINE Series
Jul 4, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #1,696 of 4,783
Can we make a Head-Fi rule where we're not allowed to cite information from reviews that used Silent Shout by the Knife, or that *******ed drum loop from Jay Z and Kanye West's No Church in the Wild?

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #1,700 of 4,783
Is there anyone here that has experience with the PSB M4U 2 and 4:s, that can compare them to the Sines? I love the PSB sound, which I'd describe as neutral, but musical with a slightly warm tinge.

Jul 4, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #1,702 of 4,783
For me:

Momentum 2.0 (over ear) were uncomfortable.

Sine (on ear) are comfortable.

Go figure...

Jul 4, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #1,704 of 4,783
Can owners please comment more on the microphonics? I will be wearing these while walking, and don't plan on clipping the cable or putting it under my shirt. Thanks!
Audeze's SINE and EL-8 cable with their matte ribbon are very good. No microphonics to speak of.

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #1,705 of 4,783
hi guys, what are your thoughts for Sine as a complement to HD600? im looking for 2nd pair of headphones and thinking of giong w/ the SINE since the signature seems to be opposite of hd600.. not sure if the schiit stack will need an upgrade too though!

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #1,708 of 4,783
I placed an order today , SINE with Cipher cable, will arrive this week !!!
gotta admit , i have high expectations ...

p.s

if you choose Cipher cable version , do you get 3,5mm jack cable to ?
i saw some unboxing video of Sine , and guy had both cables in the box ö.Ö

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #1,709 of 4,783
hi guys, what are your thoughts for Sine as a complement to HD600? im looking for 2nd pair of headphones and thinking of giong w/ the SINE since the signature seems to be opposite of hd600.. not sure if the schiit stack will need an upgrade too though!

I actually think the Sine and HD600 are roughly the same, signature wise. Both are neutral and airy, though the latter is obviously larger in soundstage and has a bit more naturalness to the vocals. The Sine however has better defined instrument separation, deeper bass presence and overall a slightly livelier sound.

I actually am thinking of selling my HD600 since the Sine has supplanted it as my primary headphone. It also doubles as my portable, replacing the M-80.

Jul 4, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #1,710 of 4,783
  I just wish there's a USB-A and C version of the Cipher, Audeze is missing out on more than half the mobile user base using Android. 

Half? Try 80% Android penetration. I'm sure Audeze will get their act together and stop favouring the iPhone market. I get that it is easy to do, but I'm sure Apple is like Walmart and expects a great deal from vendors so I would be willing to bet the Apple partnership isn't pure profit for Audeze. I expect to see an Android version soon, and even better, hopefully Bluetooth, but I'm less optimistic about that sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back