Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones
Mar 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #166 of 260
I think it's perfectly fine for the craigslist link to be posted, though be better if through PM to Audeze direct.  I don't want to be impolite but it's always possible for culprit to makes his own head-fi account to say that its SN# is legitimate.  It's "wierd" because you can usually sell LCD-3 higher than $1300 here on head-fi.  And I'm pretty sure most of the user who owns Audeze knows about head-fi.  I don't know why he decided to sell it on craigslist...... 
ph34r.gif

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #167 of 260
No reflection on Head-Fi intended, but there are probably people who don't want to do mail and pay-pal.  They would prefer cash in hand and to meet with the seller to exchange cash for goods (in a public place be it hoped). I am very very careful, depending on what I am selling, about whether i will sell it on-line or not. It's sometimes worth taking a slightly lower price for a sure deal and cash in hand.

All of that said, that was a very low price.  I was tempted.

FWIW, I think just sending a head's up to Audeze with a link to the ad would be ok too.

Mar 16, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #168 of 260
Audeze has an email setup (security@audeze.com) if there are any suspicious sales so you can contact them.  The issue with posting links directly to a "questionable" sale is determining what is actually a suspicious sale.  How many people need cash and need to liquidate assets for some reason or another and legitimately acquired their headphones? Unfortunately, in the past, crowdsourcing has placed blame wrongly in the past and will do so in the future.  I'd send Audeze an email if you find something and let them (or FBI) figure out if something is up.  

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #169 of 260
  Audeze has an email setup (security@audeze.com) if there are any suspicious sales so you can contact them.  The issue with posting links directly to a "questionable" sale is determining what is actually a suspicious sale.  How many people need cash and need to liquidate assets for some reason or another and legitimately acquired their headphones? Unfortunately, in the past, crowdsourcing has placed blame wrongly in the past and will do so in the future.  I'd send Audeze an email if you find something and let them (or FBI) figure out if something is up.  

Thanks for posting the email, posting in an open forum can create issues for legit buyers and sellers and tip off potential criminals

Mar 17, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #170 of 260
Unfortunately for me trying to put my kid through college and nine million other things atm I couldn't even afford stolen and discounted Audeze cans  :frowning2: . I was fortunate enough at a meet last weekend though to demo both the LCD-3 (fantastic!!!) and LCD-XC (did not like at all). Well crafted cans and the LCD-3 was really sweet on a chord hugo.

Mar 18, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #171 of 260
Last night there was a break-in and robbery at Audeze. Many LCD Series headphones were stolen; we’re not sure of the exact number as yet. We’ll post the serial numbers as soon as we can confirm what was taken. Audeze asks all Head-Fiers to let us know if offered LCD headphones at a deal that’s too good to be true. More information later and thanks in advance for whatever help you can offer.
The Audeze Team

alert 2nd hand dealers like cash converter etc. Once a bundle of brand new badminton rackets were stolen from a warehouse n were found on sale at fraction of its retail price in a local cash converter store.

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:25 PM Post #172 of 260
alert 2nd hand dealers like cash converter etc. Once a bundle of brand new badminton rackets were stolen from a warehouse n were found on sale at fraction of its retail price in a local cash converter store.

I believe they take ID and serials down during any purchase over $X.  Hock shop staff are pretty vigilant about not buying hot goods since they are out the money once a product is determined stolen and handed over to police.

Mar 18, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #173 of 260
In many states buying and merchandising hot items can itself be a crime under certain circumstances.  Shops that deal in used items vary greatly.  I recently had a talk with a local pawnshop owner.  He told me a couple of horror stories which ended with him turning a seller in to the police.  He made it clear that he tries to be as careful as he can which can mean asking for a receipt. If he was suspicious he said he just wouldn't buy something.  He mentioned that there is a database for serial numbers and descriptions of stolen goods in our area and lamented that most stolen items are never found.  He took this to mean that private buyers and/or some of his peers were not as particular about breaking the law as is he.  He obviously knows right from wrong and wants to stay in business. I guess not everyone is so honest.

Mar 19, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #175 of 260
Mar 19, 2015 at 10:13 PM Post #179 of 260
Have you contacted Audeze?  If not, I believe you should

Users who are viewing this thread

Back