Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones
Mar 3, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #93 of 260
Hey Everybody,

For those of you asking why I haven't shared ANY news about the Audeze robbery (I drove down here to be with Alex in this trying time to lend support) - 

I can't comment on an on-going investigation.

Plus: I URGE those of you, who, like me (and warrenpchi, Jude, HiFiGuy528, etc.) who know the Audeze team, and that they put their all into what they do - I urge you to help in telling the people trying to make claims of "inside job" and "possible insurance fraud" here to PLS STOP with all that innuendo....

It will only complicate matters for the authorities involved.

But I'm VERY proud of this community for helping to spread the word!!

Sincerely,

MikeMercer
a.k.a the "Audeze Jihadist"

Mar 3, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #94 of 260
I own two LCD-XCs and couldn't be happier, there are so few options for high-end closed cans. I hope Audeze has proper insurance and can ride this out.

Mar 4, 2015 at 3:12 AM Post #95 of 260
  So I searched for 'inside' in this thread, so many inside job theorists.

You searched the word 'inside', inside this thread? 
You realise you could have destroyed the entire universe with your 'insideception'!? 

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #96 of 260
Hope this is only a blip on the Audeze radar and they continue to make great headphones. Agree that the conspiracy theorists need to take a powder, but given that they cant leave 9/11 and JFK alone after all these years I'm not holding my breath. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #99 of 260
Having worked the past 15 years in manufacturing and warehousing, from my own first hand accounts, this stinks to high-heavens of an inside job.

cool.gif

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #101 of 260
  If your best guess is "It was an inside job... probably", then please keep the thought to yourself and don't write anything. It's not helping at all.

Inside job doesn't mean employees, it means somebody was in the know. And yes, (from personal experience) it does help, even though both Audeze and the police are probably in fact looking into the possibility. By calling out these, thieves, this inside job, it not only puts out a greater awareness of possible suspects, but may put pressure on the thieves as well.

Out of all the company thefts I have had to account for over the years It was clients who did the 99% of the stealing. That includes customers who regularly visit the company, and couriers/carriers. 

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #102 of 260
Re the Eastern Europe theories...

I'll keep an eye on the local Ukrainian sites, but really... almost no-one in Ukraine has heard of Audeze. They would be really hard to sell, and now that the UAH has lost so much value, these cans are worth around a year's average wages, and most people are more worried about getting food and the war.

Russia is a better bet, but there are similar problems there.

Baltic markets are quite clean and markets are too tiny. In fact most of Eastern Europe is now in the EU and a lot cleaner than it once was.

Someone suggested Africa but seriously... where are you going to be able to sell hundreds of these for $1000 each in Africa? Asia is more likely.

Audeze needs to release the serial numbers. It's only a matter of time before the head-fi community finds the first stolen phone.

Mar 4, 2015 at 7:45 PM Post #103 of 260
Btw, there are a couple of Audeze phones selling on Audiogon

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #104 of 260

Inside job doesn't mean employees, it means somebody was in the know. And yes, (from personal experience) it does help, even though both Audeze and the police are probably in fact looking into the possibility. By calling out these, thieves, this inside job, it not only puts out a greater awareness of possible suspects, but may put pressure on the thieves as well.

Out of all the company thefts I have had to account for over the years It was clients who did the 99% of the stealing. That includes customers who regularly visit the company, and couriers/carriers

I guess we have a different interpretation of what an 'inside job' entails - to me, it would be someone with easy access to the keys to the building where the goods were stored. not regular customers. Couriers who need after hours access to the warehouse or whatever should never be given carte blanche unsupervised access - seriously, who does that ?  An employee working with a courier is another scenario, I guess, but wouldnt that be just a tad obvious to the cops when they started interviewing people ? Surely any facility that stores a large quantity of stock has CCTV - apologies if that's already been covered here. 

Mar 5, 2015 at 1:09 AM Post #105 of 260
  Re the Eastern Europe theories...

I'll keep an eye on the local Ukrainian sites, but really... almost no-one in Ukraine has heard of Audeze. They would be really hard to sell, and now that the UAH has lost so much value, these cans are worth around a year's average wages, and most people are more worried about getting food and the war.

Russia is a better bet, but there are similar problems there.

Baltic markets are quite clean and markets are too tiny. In fact most of Eastern Europe is now in the EU and a lot cleaner than it once was.

Someone suggested Africa but seriously... where are you going to be able to sell hundreds of these for $1000 each in Africa? Asia is more likely.

Audeze needs to release the serial numbers. It's only a matter of time before the head-fi community finds the first stolen phone.

africa or arabia. rich countries. i had considered that in eastern europe they would be hard to sell due to the reasons told by you. 

but an area that has lot of tourism might be worth checking. even if the area is usually not interested in such goods like headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back