Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Dec 6, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #6,980 of 7,191
What I see from the news is that Audio Quality may be like Penrose even tough one thing to note is that Penrose has 100mm Planar Drives, and this are listed as 90mm. What seems better, and I agree is much needed, is the connectivity department. No info about one of the most awful things about Penrose, besides connectivity, the Buttons an Dials operation.

Sadly now I am in a terrible situation...I own both Penrose (XBOX X Series and PS5)...about audio quality nothing to say...but I am pissed about range... if I stand up, and walk a few meters form the dongle, the connection is lost. And also the controls...Team Parties audio is so complicated to manage pressing dials, pressing them again..ufff...sometimes it lowers mic volume instead of mix chat...its really annoying, and controlling using app is full of lag. So, as I have been a very good man this year, and due to that I must have a prize, I was going to make myself a Christmas gift (Santa doesnt care about me)...Steelseries Wireless Nova Pro... I know I loose audio quality..but I win connectivity, range, control management and with XBOX version I can use PS5 as well. I was going to buy it this night.

Now, with this announcement I dont know what to do...This new XBOX Audeze Headphone, has the same cost as Wireless Nova Pro...so...maybe I will wait a bit before deciding and for now continue using my Penroses...Greetings...

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #6,981 of 7,191
$50 more for the xbox version? The dolby license is only $15
This is incorrect.

Correct US retail pricing is $299 for PlayStation and $329 (not $349) for the Xbox version.

The difference in pricing between the Maxwell PlayStation and Xbox versions is solely due to the difference in our costs. Three different factors cause this: The Microsoft security chip, the Microsoft license fee, and the Dolby Atmos license fee.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Dec 6, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #6,982 of 7,191
This is incorrect.

Correct US retail pricing is $299 for PlayStation and $329 (not $349) for the Xbox version.

The difference in pricing between the Maxwell PlayStation and Xbox versions is solely due to the difference in our costs. Three different factors cause this: The Microsoft security chip, the Microsoft license fee, and the Dolby Atmos license fee.
Can we trade in our Penroses for it?

Dec 6, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #6,983 of 7,191
This is incorrect.

Does Maxwell Xbox version work on playstation like penrose x version?

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #6,985 of 7,191
The Xbox/PC version naturally works just fine with the PS5 when set to PC mode. So just buy that one if you want to encompass all platforms.

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #6,986 of 7,191
Shame the dint seem to have added IOS compatibility for the app.
Also it doesn’t mention one improvement over the Penrose’s ?
iOS app support is a big disappointment but LDAC, USB audio and much better battery life, plus hopefully a more comfortable headband are big wins (in my book at least).

Question is - will the Xbox version work on PS5 in PC mode again :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back