Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Feb 8, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #6,661 of 7,191
@Aude
@AlexKalopsia

The Switch doesn't have Bluetooth. You can connect to it with the dongle, or use the Aux cable.

We don't comment on future possibilities. Just know the gaming market is relatively new for us, and we're invested.
I am a bit confused. The Switch has a "Add Bluetooth Audio Device" option. When I press Add Device it says "Make sure the Bluetooth device you would like to use is discoverable"

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #6,662 of 7,191
@Aude

I am a bit confused. The Switch has a "Add Bluetooth Audio Device" option. When I press Add Device it says "Make sure the Bluetooth device you would like to use is discoverable"
Sorry it's been awhile since I've used the Switch.

Pairing through Bluetooth is double pressing the power button until it says pairing. Make sure you're on the Bluetooth input on the Penrose.

Pairing through the 2.4ghz dongle, long press the multi-function button until it says pairing..

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:11 PM Post #6,663 of 7,191
Sorry it's been awhile since I've used the Switch.

Pairing through Bluetooth is double pressing the power button until it says pairing. Make sure you're on the Bluetooth input on the Penrose.

Pairing through the 2.4ghz dongle, long press the multi-function button until it says pairing..
Awesome, this was really unintuitive but it worked. For anyone else interested, I even struggled starting the pairing with the double tap of the power button ,but I just had to do it quite slowly.

Thank you for the help

Feb 8, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #6,664 of 7,191
It's an idea that has been thought up before, but placing all the electronics on the headband can lead to hotspotting and weight issues. Still, it's an idea worth reconsidering. I'll pass the idea along.

Something to realize is that planarmagnetic design is not as simple as dynamic driver design, and some considerations need to be taken. What works there, may not work for us.

I wouldn’t mind a premium wireless headset in LCD-GX or LCD-2 closed back style, if you can incorporate the electronics eg. into the headband in a sensible way.

Feb 9, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #6,666 of 7,191
Awesome, this was really unintuitive but it worked. For anyone else interested, I even struggled starting the pairing with the double tap of the power button ,but I just had to do it quite slowly.

Thank you for the help
YES! Bluetooth pairing is a pain on the Penrose. The instructions I first read were telling me to press the wrong button. Then when I figured out which button to press, the button presses had to be quite slow as otherwise it didn't work. The process is a big pain. The worst experience with bluetooth pairing I have had with any headphones.

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #6,667 of 7,191
Despite being warned I went ahead a purchased these headphones to use in my office on my Xbox Series S and PS5. I just wanted great sound and convenience. I was also extremely curious. I also knew it wasn’t really the best choice for me either but… I still took the plunge.

And wow do these sound amazing! They sound great but are a pain to use as an IOS user. It sucks that I can’t even use the Bluetooth and my iPhone because the music drains everything else out and the volume controls are useless. I also wish they would work with an iPad as well but I digress.

About two months of use and today it started. A louder hiss in the right ear that previously became silent when sound connected. Well today… 5 minutes later, after the louder hiss, it turned to sounds of crushing/crunching tin foil in the right ear that became exacerbated and louder when my head moved. Sometimes it is quieter but still present. Sounds like lose metal.

It has to be a bigger problem that just the pressure changes and diaphragm right? Has anyone experienced this?

Thank you very much.

Feb 10, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #6,668 of 7,191
It's pressure changes caused by closed planarmagnetic design. It's not limited to Audeze headphones. We're talking about a piece of film that is thinner than a human hair sandwiched between two magnet arrays. Yes, pressure changes can absolutely cause planars issues. More so if people press in the cups towards their head. All that air pressure is being forced onto the drivers. Bad idea.

Contact us at support@audeze.com to assist you directly.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #6,671 of 7,191
I posted here on Jan 27th about the hairline cracks forming on both sides of my Penrose and started a ticket with them the same day. Yesterday I received my replacement unit and I'm damn impressed with Audeze as a result. The turnaround time once they received the cracked set was only a couple days, and they used expedited shipping to get me my new one, which seems to be in fine working order.

I do fear that there may be a structural weakness there that will cause cracks to form again in the future but nonetheless, a lot of companies drag their asses far more with supporting their products and customers. Kudos @Audeze @Mad Lust Envy

Feb 17, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #6,673 of 7,191
I noticed a third batch of presets for Audeze HQ are up entitled "Level up your gaming". I hadn't noticed these before - are they the previously game-specific presets (Escape from Tarkov, CoD, etc.) repurposed, or is this a new set? These new ones are just titled with various genres like FPS, arena shooter, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back