Audeze Penrose X and Penrose
Nov 2, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #6,316 of 7,191
Thanks
I tried to update mine and it showed a black box as it downloaded and then said update finished I left it a while and nothing else happened it did not show the second box like in the instructions.
It now shows 0.1.10 but I am not sure if it's updated or shipped with it.
The software no longer shows an update but I am worried that I might have messed something up.
You're up to date. You'll know because HQ app won't show the update button anymore, IIRC.

0.1.10 is latest.

Nov 2, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #6,317 of 7,191
@Richy d let us know how you get on

This is exactly what I mean. I've only really had full drop outs and pops when my wife was sitting beside me on her Apple Mac laptop and except for lightbulbs, and older chromecast I've moved most of my devices onto the 5G WiFi spectrum.

I don't know if this is relavent I have only had these a day and I had a few drop outs and pops then I left my mobile phone domn stairs and everything worked great unit I had it in the same room again.

Penrose is working on 2.4 ggz frequency so if you're using WiFi 2 at home try to move to5 or change channel.

With WiFi 5 at home i have no popping issues etc using BT or wireless. Dongle is connected to xbox through 10cm usb extender.

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #6,319 of 7,191
They weren't. Audeze sent me a new transmitter. Kudos them sending it from way out west to Germany. Their support team was always quick and responsive.

However it really didn't fix the issues unfortunately. I doubt it will be better unless they bring out a new revision or start from scratch.

A shame. They could dominate good parts of the market if these issues were absent. Could also fix the headband and improve comfort. There is no competing product with these features as far as I know.

Well, got myself a 3m XLR Extender now. No wireless experience, yes, but can use my regular headphones now.

PS5 -> Blasterx G6 -> optical -> DAC/AMP of my choice

Would still love to come back for wireless to play with friends, move around (kitchen) but alas, don't see it happening.
Do you have experience with more than one transmitter? Wondering if it would make sense to have a second one for PC/PS5. I am thinking there isn't an easy way to switch between them.

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #6,320 of 7,191
Casually picked up my set from my desk the other night and I assume the stress of lifting it up by one end caused this to happen to the opposite end:

IMG_8589.JPG

Was really shocked by how it just fell apart. I don't always pick this up from my desk like a holy grail, but I've also never been rough with it. Guess I picked it up at the wrong angle one too many times and that part by the left cup weakened over time.

Reached out to their support and we'll see if I have any options. It's under a year old.

Attachments

• IMG_8590.JPG
    IMG_8590.JPG
    581 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 6:34 AM Post #6,321 of 7,191
Hi Cryptic.
The thing is my phone had its WiFi switched off and it might have been relavent other than that it's been perfect no issues at all.
One thing I could do with a little bit of help with is how to get the maximum volume possible.
There fine for me but my elderly farther likes to have a go sometimes and he is a bit hard of hearing.
So to wrap up every thing great for the moment and I will keep you all informed of any changes.

Nov 3, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #6,322 of 7,191
It would be great if there was actually a proper page on the official website to check what’s the latest firmware.
There is.

As this is related to firmware, you have to go and click on the Download Audeze HQ section of the Penrose/Mobius pages. There, on the new page in the bottom, it says Patch Notes. Click on that, and all the necessary info including firmware version is there.

It's not in your face, but it is information provided.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #6,323 of 7,191
Hi @Audeze

I think I've finally spotted what I think people mean by the whoosh. And I also think I agree with what someone else said here that it must be software/driver/firmware related

I can connect my headset and it will be silent.

And then after X minutes a pulsing whooshing sound will build up. I actually think it's in both earcups.
In the end the headset is going whoosh-whoosh.. whoosh-whoosh.. whoosh-whoosh.. whoosh-whoosh.. whoosh-whoosh.. it's actually quite loud

it doesn't happen all the time though. It's not doing it now even after 1.5 hours sitting on occasional use.
Something about software/driver for Headset mode is my guess

Nov 3, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #6,324 of 7,191
Hi Cryptic.
The thing is my phone had its WiFi switched off and it might have been relavent other than that it's been perfect no issues at all.
One thing I could do with a little bit of help with is how to get the maximum volume possible.
There fine for me but my elderly farther likes to have a go sometimes and he is a bit hard of hearing.
So to wrap up every thing great for the moment and I will keep you all informed of any changes.

There's guidance on the Audeze website on how to set appropriate level. generally involves maxing the Windows volume and then using headset/hardware control

Be careful or you might get your pa to lose whatever hearing he has

Nov 4, 2021 at 4:39 AM Post #6,325 of 7,191
Hi @Audeze

I think I've finally spotted what I think people mean by the whoosh. And I also think I agree with what someone else said here that it must be software/driver/firmware related

I can connect my headset and it will be silent.

And then after X minutes a pulsing whooshing sound will build up. I actually think it's in both earcups.
In the end the headset is going whoosh-whoosh.. whoosh-whoosh.. whoosh-whoosh.. whoosh-whoosh.. whoosh-whoosh.. it's actually quite loud

it doesn't happen all the time though. It's not doing it now even after 1.5 hours sitting on occasional use.
Something about software/driver for Headset mode is my guess
Almost exactly the same experience I have too. The whoosh stops if you disconnect the USB transmitter while the headset is still powered on. But obviously you get no audio at all at that point!

Nov 4, 2021 at 6:11 PM Post #6,326 of 7,191
Hey guys, I've been enjoying my headphones for gaming, but today the right ear sounds all distorted. I have tried resetting them and checking for updates but nothing is fixing it. Are these broken?

Nov 5, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #6,327 of 7,191
Hey guys, I've been enjoying my headphones for gaming, but today the right ear sounds all distorted. I have tried resetting them and checking for updates but nothing is fixing it. Are these broken?
Contact support@audeze.com so we can help you directly.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Nov 8, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #6,330 of 7,191
Hi all, just bought a new pair of Penrose after the awesome experience with Mobius.

I loaded some of the presets released from Audeze itself but I just discovered that to change them on the go I should update the fw to the latest version available (which should be 0.1.10 if I’m not wrong).

Is it safe? Bc I stumbled on some Reddit threads where some users are experiencing issues (cracking sounds, poor connectivity etc) and therefore suggesting to not update from factory-supplied version (0.1.5).

Here I also read that a new fw should be around the corner, so I’m not really convinced to proceed now but please let me have your thoughts on that.

Best Wishes
alex

Users who are viewing this thread

Back